You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeathLord1969

OK so super containers are REALLY getting lame....

88 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,964 posts

Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to waste any coal buying these useless upgrades from the Arsenal. Just wait for one to drop from a SC.

Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles

I'll take it! I could always use another one. :Smile_playing:

[SPF]
Members
96 posts
9,426 battles

I find the hydro mod to be actually quite useful on all german ships, particular DDs - so I would take it over 50 flags any day.

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles

Last week, I got 100 flags twice (anti-det and XP) and then 1000 doubloons so I can't complain.

I used to sell off all my special mods. However, that was before I really understood them. Fortunately, one can now buy them for coal.

Edited by Snargfargle

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

I got an SC with the useless spotter plane mod today. I had chosen signals and camos because I wanted that, not a useless mod. 

I wish WG would give us a way to turn off the possibility of supercontainers. I got a couple of decent ones, but usually I get the worthless and ironically named super modules. I would much rather have had the signals, which I actually need...

Please lets us turn off SCs, WG....

• Funny 1

[G0ATS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,253 battles

I am actually starting to question the overall value with most things associated with the game. I have been contemplating renewing my premium account which i have had active since the start bt jsut not so sure its worth it. I hardly eve seem to get super containers and the cost to buy ships seems to have increased a lot. There was a time where i would not hesitate to buy a premium ship but now im just not pulling the trigger anymore.

Curious to know if others are feeling the overall value for money associated with this is still ok or that its dropped? I am guessing opinions will vary wildly but there also seems to be a lot more discontent on the forums as well.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Members
2,270 posts
6,356 battles
8 minutes ago, Expedite said:

I am actually starting to question the overall value with most things associated with the game. I have been contemplating renewing my premium account which i have had active since the start bt jsut not so sure its worth it. I hardly eve seem to get super containers and the cost to buy ships seems to have increased a lot. There was a time where i would not hesitate to buy a premium ship but now im just not pulling the trigger anymore.

Curious to know if others are feeling the overall value for money associated with this is still ok or that its dropped? I am guessing opinions will vary wildly but there also seems to be a lot more discontent on the forums as well.

Depends.... ive found most of my SCs to be very good (FXP, Doubloons and mods). Most money I spend is for my premium account which I find to be very much worth the money.

As for other premium shop items like containers and ships: i bought 30x freedom containers and was impressed with my haul so i got a good return on what I spent.

And ships... depends on your tastes: do you want historically significant ships or things with unique gimmicks or just something OP as hell, all 3 can be found in the shop. I don't so much buy ships because I just don't have much interest in them... i prefer containers or doubloons.

[G0ATS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,253 battles

Yeah guess a lot of its luck. Any time I buy containers I get stuff all. :(

[-WPG-]
Members
810 posts
3,352 battles

Last 2 SC's I got from Yamamato campaign were each 50 100%xp/100%captain XP camos.    Those worked wonders on the recent 200% bonus days.  One before that was the Arizona.   I guess I can't complain, even though I have 3 spotter plane mods from earlier crap rolls.

Members
691 posts
4,395 battles

Now that they've introduced the arsenal they should really replace the special module drops in super-containers with their purchase price in coal. That way at least you can pick whatever special module you want from the arsenal (no WG I didn't need a third damage control mod in fact I really didn't even need one) and if you didn't want/need any special module you could use it for other purchases. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,636 posts
18,228 battles
41 minutes ago, Expedite said:

Well I have gotten my fair share of super containers and other than a hydro, smoke, and radar special module, have never gotten anything of interest from one. I suppose the contents of a SC shouldn't affect whether you spend money on the game or not, probably the big question is "Are you having fun?". If so and you are interested in supporting the game, get some premium time or a ship. If the answer is "no", don't spend money. I find I am happier now that I am not spending money on the game. When they change things or add things that I would normally get angry about as a paying customer, now it doesn't bother me as much. I feel a twinge of anger then laugh at the sheer silliness of it and move on with my life. Honestly the only thing that keeps me playing the game is collecting my two crates a day so I bring in oil for the clan as well as a tiny chance of getting a nice prize. 

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles
3 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Hydro acoustic 1 mod??? Seriously????

Clipboard01.jpg

A couple are good but most suck. I hope they get removed from supers since they hit the coal store. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,732 posts
8,284 battles

Eh that's not the worst thing you can earn in SC.

Hydro mod can be valuable for CB or for German DD.

When you earn anti detonation flags, you know it's a wasted SC. I mean, seriously, I almost never play detonation flags and I receive detonation maybe once every 200 game 

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
384 posts
23,149 battles

Great mod!  Lo yang, Z-52....

SC's seem to be working okay.  Have had two in the last week.  7 days premium and 100 Juliet Charlie.  I'll take 'em.

• Bad 1

Members
138 posts

hydro mod 1 is great on a lot of ships. Especially german DDs and cruisers.

they are worth a look on the  Perth and haida as well.

overall a pretty useful mod.

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

At least it wasnt spotter plane. Lo Yang with this mod wrecks ranked battles.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
5 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Clipboard01.jpg

That's a mod I just purchased myself. It's hardly garbage if you play a ship like Haida or perhaps the new upcoming British DD line.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,883 posts
12,627 battles

@DeathLord1969 if that container had only 1 item in it then it was not a super container It was a try your luck reduced reward container!

• Funny 1

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well I have gotten my fair share of super containers and other than a hydro, smoke, and radar special module, have never gotten anything of interest from one. I suppose the contents of a SC shouldn't affect whether you spend money on the game or not, probably the big question is "Are you having fun?". If so and you are interested in supporting the game, get some premium time or a ship. If the answer is "no", don't spend money. I find I am happier now that I am not spending money on the game. When they change things or add things that I would normally get angry about as a paying customer, now it doesn't bother me as much. I feel a twinge of anger then laugh at the sheer silliness of it and move on with my life. Honestly the only thing that keeps me playing the game is collecting my two crates a day so I bring in oil for the clan as well as a tiny chance of getting a nice prize. 

ROFLMAO...

While seeming to agree that there is not very many good things in SCs...You used the 1 that the OP was complaining about getting as an example of 1 of the good ones.

But you presented an interesting view point in your reply so +1 to ya' for that.

Funny...the thread right below this 1 is titled "What motivates the really bad players to keep playing?"...& I thought I was still in that one because your reply to this thread answers the OP in that threads for a lot of players. Not implying you are 1 of "the really bad players" (I didn't look at your stats & I don't care what they are)...but a lot of the more disgruntled ones are the ones that do spend $ while the ones that don't spend $ don't really care...they are having fun for funs sake & don't care about the stats...& if you expect anything other than that attitude from random (or even the general standard Ranked) players ...you're setting yourself up for a serious loss of fun.

I don't know that you can quote a reply to another thread but I am going to copy/paste your reply to that thread...I'm kinda thinking you also read that thread & this reply may have actually been influenced by it...just because they are so close together.

11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@DeathLord1969 if that container had only 1 item in it then it was not a super container It was a try your luck reduced reward container!

That was funny...+1 to you to.

Edit: In regards to this:

"I don't know that you can quote a reply to another thread but I am going to copy/paste your reply to that thread...I'm kinda thinking you also read that thread & this reply may have actually been influenced by it...just because they are so close together."...

I guess I won't paste it there as that thread was removed before I could.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,129 battles

That's actually useful.  I think I got a SC once and it was 100 ramming flags.  

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,125 battles

Clipboard01.jpg

Funny, I run that mod on a bunch of ships and even had to buy a couple, would have loved that