You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Have been doing the Mission of the Week...

37 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

Am looking for any suggestions.

I Have used...

Atlanta
Belfast
Lyon
Ranger

Most success i get is with Ranger - 3 Stars.

Any tips ?

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

I've had the most success in randoms with IFHE/CE Helena. Still only 3 stars though.

Your best bet is to find 6 other people to form a division for the operation, and go from there. From what I hear, it's a breeze with a div that knows what to do and can coordinate. But it's extremely difficult for randumbs to get even a win, let alone a single star.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Am looking for any suggestions.

I Have used...

Atlanta
Belfast
Lyon
Ranger

Most success i get is with Ranger - 3 Stars.

Any tips ?

I only have the Yorck to complete it with. But it requires fairly skilled players to work REALLY well together, and/or really heavy hitters. Absolutely NO YOLO glory hunting.

I've noticed the best strategy to try and use is pray you don't get a carrier-more guns is better for this mission. 3 BBs and 3-4 CL/CA's is ideal. The BBs always start in the harbor, and should go south to engage the initial BB spawns. The cruisers go straight north, take out the first two DDs as they go, then kill the three cruisers that spawn in the northeast-if you can get there fast enough, you can save the bot Aoba, which will help a little bit later on. Usually at least one cruiser needs a repair by now, so have them do that. Then you all stick to the middle to kill the next wave of DDs from the south and cruisers from the west. If you can make it past this point, you can get at least 3 stars-which you've already done, and this is how I did it too, I brute forced a rando team into listening to me XD But usually after this it falls apart.

At this point you can probably spare a single ship to go kill the CV that spawns-preferably a BB so they can use their range to get both the CV with fore turrets and throw some shots at the other ships with the rear ones-everyone else should stick to the rough center of the map, focus fire as much as possible, repair as needed- but not hide in the repair area, or cluster up so much no one can move. Use the BBs to tank damage. Having the Defensive AA consumable on your cruisers, alongside a Catapult fighter if possible, will help greatly with the planes the CV manages to get off before it dies, and they fly right over where you'll all be if you're in the center. We had just a WALL of AA that like 2 planes made it through.

If you and @GhostSwordsman want to div up tomorrow and see if we can get a couple others in on it to make a full team, I'd be game. I want that 10k Free XP like nobody's business XD

Edited by Stormie1126
  • Funny 1

[KEGEL]
Members
109 posts
5,427 battles

Gave up on Ultimate Frontier the last time WG 'improved' it.

Had most success with;

Fiji

Belfast

Shchors

KGV

Scharnhorst

Members
38 posts
10,427 battles

Good luck,

My Division mate in a DD was spotted by nothing and the bot DDs were still pounding him...He had not fired and was well outside of detection range. No planes anywhere close to him. The mission is hosed IMHO.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles

The most I can achieve since the rework is 3 stars and I probably got 5 stars two dozen times in the old one. They have made it a whole lot harder and without a well-organized and experienced team of good players 5 stars will be hard to get. It's good, though, to have a challenge. Too many were farming too-easy scenarios for credits and XP.

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles
16 minutes ago, KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER said:

Good luck,

My Division mate in a DD was spotted by nothing and the bot DDs were still pounding him...He had not fired and was well outside of detection range. No planes anywhere close to him. The mission is hosed IMHO.

I tend to think that the AI is programmed with total map awareness. I went out alone in a DD to sneak up on the Ranger. I was not spotted the whole way around the map but suddenly there were planes to take me out. The planes came right for me, even though others on the team were spotted and I was not.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The most I can achieve since the rework is 3 stars and I probably got 5 stars two dozen times in the old one. They have made it a whole lot harder and without a well-organized and experienced team of good players 5 stars will be hard to get. It's good, though, to have a challenge. Too many were farming too-easy scenarios for credits and XP.

True, but I feel like they went JUST slightly overboard with the difficulty. If you're not in a clan or have pre existing friends, you're hard pressed to get on that kind of team. Despite everyone complaining, it's been difficult to find anyone who actually wants to division up -_-

Edited by Stormie1126

[KCB]
Members
61 posts
8,406 battles

This is no an easy OP and when you couple this with the idiocy of some players it makes it even more difficult.

HINT:

The mission is to protect the base, not chase the first 2 DDs or kill the CV.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles
9 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Despite everyone complaining, it's been difficult to find anyone who actually wants to division up -_-

Mostly because it's NOT enjoyable to play.  Most here have done the 5 star win before they buffed the bots to all be a team of fully coordinated super unicum players.  I like playing Ops.  They're a lot of fun.  EXCEPT for Ultimate F.U.  Since the bot buff it's not enjoyable in the least.  This Op might have been "too easy" if a division was playing, but not so much for a team of random players.  For a team of randoms, it's just an exercise in futility now.  Last time I played it, EVERY hit I took resulted in at least one fire.  And all the cruisers were in the repair circle because they'd all had 90% of their health torched.  After that I've never played it again and won't unless they dial back the bots.    

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles

Got five stars in the Fiji the other day.  I think that was more due to luck then anything.  The bots saw the tasty CV sitting at the base and stopped shooting one of the forts when it was down to 802 health.  

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

Okej trying again, here we go !!!!

image.thumb.png.fbda214e41495efce7d03dddc2ef612b.png

Edited by LadyAnesjka

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

I've done well with the following ships:

-  Atlanta.  The US Cruiser line is the first line and only line of ships I've progressed to Tier 10 so I'm very familiar with their playstyle.  I also play the Atlanta extensively AND have a 19 point cruiser captain in her.  If the team is relatively good, we usually win 3 to 5 stars.

-  Lyon.  16 cruiser killers mounted on her hull, with decent AA to boot.  A real asset to the team, you can sink cruisers very quickly in a Lyon which in return prevents them from causing too much damage to your team and the forts.

-  Shchors.  This is a surprisingly good ship for operations, few people drive it though, which is unfortunate.  Fast firing and extremely accurate guns, I don't think there is anything else you can bring into an operation that can shoot as accurately as a Shchors.  When in it, I usually end up killing both the DDs myself, along with the Dallas.  Pop the spotter plane and lob shells over island at BBs to burn them down, pretty awesome.

- Scharnhorst.  The best battlecruiser in the game, period.  Fast with quick reloading heavy guns, that also turn quickly.  It is also equipped with torpedoes and have decent AA, if you want to bring a battleship into an operation, this is a very good choice.  You can usually sink the Atlanta very quickly with this ship and save the friendly bot cruiser Kato as a result.

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

I think this cover full mission ?

Untitled.jpg

[WFR]
Members
433 posts

nice 4 star.

but i'll be honest.

my suggestion is to not play it. it is badly designed.

if you decide to play, and do not have an entirely full division, woe unto thee.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,405 posts
2,387 battles
On 7/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, LadyAnesjka said:

I think this cover full mission ?

Untitled.jpg

You're missing one bit.  The Indianapolis that spawns with the BBs will head out through G8 to to meet up with the Dallas to shoot down planes.

Also, Western waves spawn further south, around H1.

It's missing the Cruiser squadron that spawns on the J row between 3 and 7, and the Whiskeys (DD flotilla) than some in later in the same area.

I think there's a late Cruiser squadron that comes in near Raptor.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[COOP]
Members
811 posts
4,283 battles
21 minutes ago, SinisterSe7en said:

nice 4 star.

but i'll be honest.

my suggestion is to not play it. it is badly designed.

if you decide to play, and do not have an entirely full division, woe unto thee.

I have to agree. I took a 6 month break from the game and this operation went from one of the more challenging but fun operations to being almost completely unplayable with randoms. On average, I can grind a ship faster in T7 co-op and enjoy it more than trying to run this operation with random people.

On a side note: It is really weird how they seem to not know how to achieve a certain level of difficultly/balance for these ops... They are completely scripted so figuring out how to balance them should not be nearly as difficult as balancing for random or team play modes. For example: Cherry Blossom was so face roll easy that, even with randoms, I ground out a stock Cleveland, a 19pt captain, and enough free XP to skip Seattle and go straight to the Worcester. Aegis, still ridiculously easy for me to play but usually an entertaining way to blow off steam. Ultimate Frontier is so depressing to play with randoms that I'd rather log off than play it.

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

Here's how to do it.

You need

1. A fast gunboat DD, preferably Leningrad. Lenin boosts up, torps and kills Dallas, then helps with/kills Atlanta, then returns to the center to help kill ships.

2. A BB with HE and range, preferably KGV, Lyon, or Ashitaka. It moves to E4 just below the F line and fires HE shells at the Ranger til it is dead. DO NOT cross the F4 line, that will trigger the bots guarding the CV. Turn off in front of the  island in E3 and come back towards the center. Stay in front of the  forts to attract bot shooting instead of at the forts and to kill the Clemson which will come over to kill you.

3. A CV. The CV spots the DDs at the beginning. It then moves a fighter to the island in G3 and spots the Ranger. The BB in (2) then kills the Ranger.

4. 3 high DPM cruisers. Yes, you can do this in Yorck or Myoko, but Belfast, Atlanta,  Fiji, and Helena are preferable. 

5. 1 other BB to help with Atlanta then return to WEST in front of the forts.

Even if you do everything perfectly, because of their malicious programming, the bots will kill the forts and you will still get only 4 stars. With good shooting and smart carrier play, 5 stars is possible.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,405 posts
2,387 battles

@LadyAnesjka  How many stars? 

15 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Here's how to do it.

You need

Now that we've figured out how to deal with this latest revision, I'll play it again.  A 5-star on Ultimate F*U feels good knowing what it could do.

• Funny 1

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

image.thumb.png.6f8644cb53682fbf72863ac2329d5f70.png

Image result for grover scream gif

Image result for woman celebrate gif

Image result for woman celebrate gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PUNO VAM HVALAAAAAAA I SVE SVIJEZDE ::::::::::::::::

[HRVAT] @Shasmeen - Lyon
[QWQ] @Irisu_Fuyumi - Atlanta
@Marquis_of_Carambus - Scharnhorst
[MDFB] @StarfiveExpress - Leningrad ( SUPER PLAY BY THIS ONE )
[-LP-] @ADM_Green - Algerie
[8-BIT]  @Beauchambo5000 - Gneisenau

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,405 posts
2,387 battles

Nice! 

Last night we had a new guy.  800 battles or so.  We took him on a tour of Scenarios so he could accumulate loot.  The group did it for me when I was at about the same point.  I tell you, that loot really felt good.  Glad you were able to get some too.

Look at Post #19.  I added a couple notes to my reply to your map.

• Cool 1