Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

3 points left on Z-52

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,030 posts
8,269 battles

Ok, current build is PT/PM/JoaT/LS/TAE/SI/CE. I'm 1 point away from 19. Trying to decide between SE and BFT (since DE is less viable on DDs that need stealth to survive and are doomed to the campfest meta).

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Well DE + Flags would push you to something like 11%Fire. It might be an okay option, land a Torpedo, they pop DCP, start a Fire.

There's also Vigilance, combined with Hydro that's decent for Fleet EWS. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles

SE, no question. 3.5k extra hp is often the difference between life and death.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Trying to decide between SE and BFT

Survivability Expert for a Z-52 is worth 3500 HP; or about one volley from a cruiser at tier 10. BFT gives you minus 10% on your reloads and an extra 20% effectiveness on your AA. I don't know how many CVs you're seeing these days at tier 10, so that part of the skill is very situational, but 10% on your main battery is always nice. I personally prefer the BFT skill, but I know a lot of players who swear by SE. Either way, good luck.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,030 posts
8,269 battles
14 hours ago, Ivlerlin said:

Well DE + Flags would push you to something like 11%Fire. It might be an okay option, land a Torpedo, they pop DCP, start a Fire.

There's also Vigilance, combined with Hydro that's decent for Fleet EWS. 

If specialize in bothering BBs, that's valuable. In a DD often dueling other DDs, RoF trumps fire chance.

Don't need Vigilance, use a variation of minimap-awareness that allows me to smell torps. Only way to slip past it is catching me by surprise.

12 hours ago, Umikami said:

Survivability Expert for a Z-52 is worth 3500 HP; or about one volley from a cruiser at tier 10. BFT gives you minus 10% on your reloads and an extra 20% effectiveness on your AA. I don't know how many CVs you're seeing these days at tier 10, so that part of the skill is very situational, but 10% on your main battery is always nice. I personally prefer the BFT skill, but I know a lot of players who swear by SE. Either way, good luck.

BFT better fits. I've little use for AA in a KMS DD, but 3.6 gets very handy vs. the DDs. SE is just cushion for being aggressive.

[ALPHA]
[ALPHA]
Members
404 posts
8,503 battles

I vote for SE, Z52 is for cap contest, you never  have more HP than you need in radar meta,  if you want BFT, in fine is better to delete PM and JoaT

[PLPT]
Members
637 posts
6,873 battles

3500 HP is more than 10% of your health, so even in DD vs DD, you want SE instead of the 10% RoF buff. When it’s more than just the two DD’s fighting, you want the health even more because BFT doesn’t help at all when there’s also a cruiser or two firing at you.

Especially in a Z-52 which is for capping and fighting other DD’s, take the health! You’re not stealthy and maximizing your hydro means getting close.

Edited by n00bot

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles

@Reymu

Not trying to be to nosy here. But I would drop JoaT for AR for better torpedo reload at lower health. 

Then use SE for the last 3 points. 

IMO ofcourse, but to your original question. Def SE.  The amount of times I find myself looking at my health thinking "I'd be dead without SE" is alot lol. 

• Cool 1

[DRHS]
[DRHS]
Members
256 posts

Well I have to say with the proliferation of radar I've gone for a gun range build for my Z-52. That includes, PT,AR,LS,BFT,SI,AFT, & CE. Using MA,EB1, AA2,SG2,CS,GFS2 for upgrades. That gives you a 16.8 km range. AA rating of 81, with a 7.2km and 5.1 km range. The Z-52 can do the lob over the island firing that the US DD's excel at,at range. But in close her guns are rail gun like. Now using this build you play more like a Khab or US DD but it does work well. Oh and that AA really pisses off the CV's. Best so far is 21 planes shot down in her.

Sign in to follow this