Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

Thoughts on Prem Carrier on Summer Sale?

17 comments in this topic

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,492 battles

Anybody think that there is a chance in hell that any of the prem carriers might go on sale for the summer sale thing?  I really would love to get an American or Graf Zepp but I am thinking that they won't sell them due to the rework coming up.  But part of me is hoping for it.

Members
98 posts
3,439 battles

Fairly certain that they've stated they won't be selling anymore CVs till after the rework.

If anything were to pop up -- GZ would definitely not be one of them.

Who knows though, at this rate anything could happen

Members
9,984 posts

They aren't selling them for a reason.

And considering the number of people who are desperate to own these OP ships, I seriously doubt they'll sell them at a discount anytime soon.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
128 posts
5,492 battles

Yea I didn't know how OP the prem carries were until I started playing them myself.  I mean a GZ just ruined my match in the first 10 min almost all my planes were gone and I managed to kill like 10 of his but they are just so unbalanced compared to the regular ships and even with myself as a crap CV player I can swing matches big time.  I am like on average a 50% player and my carrier wins are in the 65% range and I am not very good with them.  With the Independence I am at 70% win rate.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,839 posts
7,129 battles

a) It has been stated, by a dev that they won't be sold until after the "rework", we don't know when the rework will happen, or what effects it will have on cvs.

b) I was your opponent in the recent cv battle, your lex vs my GZ. If you wish I can send you a replay to watch, it may help you see why I was able to wrest control of the skies, and so better counter Grafs in the future. Look me up on discord, either via my clan's server (see sig) or here https://discord.gg/HHVdt9 or https://discord.gg/V2dmhr

regards.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles

I regret not buying the graf when I had the chance. I got the other 3 though, so they fall into the "never sell again cattagory" i won't have missed.:fish_book:

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

I regret able to not buying enterpirse, and all other cv but i did had Saipan but it's not too bad, two choice single yet many drive bomber that might take half of bb heath at good chance or 2 torp square but 3 to 4 plane each, easy destroyed if not careful, I had often people said Saipan overpower but when I playing saipan, i don't feel and know that this ship isn't overpower, it's not that bad but not that great or overpower as everyone said because it's smaller number and torps only had 4 plane, easy quick gone due to bb or ca'a aa, losing plane over time, basic you had a 2 time good shot but player easy get out of torp (only 4 torps), making vain, I do not understand why they said it's overpower but when I playing, it's not overpower, not that great. it's ok cv.

Edited by Humility925

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,983 posts
7,530 battles

I already have 3 OP a/f CV's, I don't need one that A) Will get me reported just for having, and B) Never even got finished in real life. I hardly play my CV's anymore, most players don't care for them as they stand right now, so my not playing them reduces the chances my teams see them.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,983 posts
7,530 battles
2 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

I regret able to not buying enterpirse, and all other cv but i did had Saipan but it's not too bad, two choice single yet many drive bomber that might take half of bb heath at good chance or 2 torp square but 3 to 4 plane each, easy destroyed if not careful, I had often people said Saipan overpower but when I playing saipan, i don't feel and know that this ship isn't overpower, it's not that bad but not that great or overpower as everyone said because it's smaller number and torps only had 4 plane, easy quick gone due to bb or ca'a aa, losing plane over time, basic you had a 2 time good shot but player easy get out of torp (only 4 torps), making vain, I do not understand why they said it's overpower but when I playing, it's not overpower, not that great. it's ok cv.

Wrong. Saipan IS overpowered, due to having T9 planes at T7. A meh played Saipan has a decent chance against a well played Ranger, due to that alone. Saipan's fighters can completely decimate the air groups of the Cv's she sees with little to no effort. That's the very definition of OP. Her bomber squad can have up to 9 aircraft, that one squad can obliterate DD's and cruisers, just by sheer volume of falling bombs, and due to the higher number of planes, has a MUCH better chance to get a BB burning brighter than the sun.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
42 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Anybody think that there is a chance in hell that any of the prem carriers might go on sale for the summer sale thing?  I really would love to get an American or Graf Zepp but I am thinking that they won't sell them due to the rework coming up.  But part of me is hoping for it.

not untill carrier rework is finish.

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

for DD it's hit or miss, most of time for me, it's miss more than hit when using drive bomber loadout, for Crusier, depend, mostly it's had highly AA, that kill your torp bomber easy even before drop torps, maybe none to 3 torp then they easy got out of way, if using drive bomber, it's easy kill half of that number, meaning less firepower on ca if not miss it. Based my my experience I found that Ranger and even hiryu is better than Saipan for sinking ship, but now if for spotting team then saipan with loadout drive bomber (3 fighter) is best, but not for sinking ship, that's whole point of this game, sink the ship or highly damage of ship soon as able. 

I'm not wrong, maybe we had a difference experience and perception what is overpower and what is not overpower, but saipan isn't overpower, but not that weak. What is overpower? single ship that can take whole fleet by itself and fleet can't harm ship? or single ship vs 3 ship is overpower? CV depend on fleet to keep enemies not get to CV with limited number of plane till gone, no firepower, while all other class of ship had unlimited firepower, can shoot all day without ran out, stronger armor, faster than CV when it's don't had any plane at all. 

Yes, there is very, very rare saipan's drive bomber might kill dd 10% or mostly heavy damage on ca 45% to 55% if not force on highly AA , and half of damage bb 70% It's taken lot of time move back and forwrad like 2 to 3 min a shot if there is no enemies fighter coming for bomber that is? BB can shoot every 20 second to 30 second, if well hit, can kill dd in one shot, and 2 shot on CA, and few more shot on bb? I see too many time like that. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
4 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Wrong. Saipan IS overpowered, due to having T9 planes at T7. A meh played Saipan has a decent chance against a well played Ranger, due to that alone. Saipan's fighters can completely decimate the air groups of the Cv's she sees with little to no effort. That's the very definition of OP. Her bomber squad can have up to 9 aircraft, that one squad can obliterate DD's and cruisers, just by sheer volume of falling bombs, and due to the higher number of planes, has a MUCH better chance to get a BB burning brighter than the sun.

Interestingly, Saipan is the only Tier VII CV that can stop Kaga.  Ranger sure as hell isn't doing it.  It's a very tough fight for even traditionally reliable Hiryu.

If Kaga can run rampant, only AA Cruisers can slow her down and not many do AA Cruisers, nor be where Kaga decides to attack.

The 9 DB unit of Saipan is overrated.  The drop pattern is immensely wide no matter what.

• Bad 1

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

You can beat Kage by using help team, do damage or sink ship near your allied main fleet to soft and same time weak red team's firepower and not to worry about Kage at that early, by time Kage's team slowing lost while green team still number and still alive, so you had to keep Kage at bay, keyword is team's good at aim and get out of shell or torp while stay close together without crash each other to keep AA powerful, wise Kage can't do anything near main fleet but had to hold plane back and seach easier, lone target.

Now right now Saipan may had lot of fighter plane (if drive bomber load out)

I tested ultimate Frontier, I am using Ranger I can get over 80,000 damage hit enemie, 120,000 if I'm lucky but that rare, with Saipan with loadout torps, I could get 50,000, (sometime I had 3, sometime 4 plane each square, not sure it's bug) while Saipan with drive bomber I could get 20,000 damage and use 3 fighter for spotting and keep bomber away from font in mission. Now Japan even better, but more manage to do. 

Of course Saipan is a very situation but not that great in general, I find that Saipan with loadout torp plane easy lost something like 4 down to 3 once it's enter ship range, then only drop 3, now I had 2 to work together to get better chance to hit, often 0 or 1 or 2 out of 6 to 8 torps hit chance. I find ranger's bomber better chance hit and stay alive more than saipan's torps plane, for some reason. 

I do not had Kage, but i do not fear Kage at all, like some other people who do, My only thing worry is red team dd, ca and little bb with very good aim, killing my team quicker, not CV, I just keep red team CV fighter when come to that, but I don't seek CV unless there is a opportunity.

CV is like a fly buzz you, while DD, CA and BB is like tick, mosquitoes, they are more threatening than CV do. Skilled player in dd, CA, BB is more deadly than best of best Kage player. 

Edited by Humility925

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles

@Humility925 Once you see a top rated Saipan or Kaga in Hiryu or Ranger then you will start fearing them. Trust me.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles

zero chance.  They have said no more CV sales until the CV rework.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles
7 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

This is utterly wrong.  She can shut down an enemy CV but has almost no striking power to do it.

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this