mooky1

Appealing A chat ban ?

16 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

Hi all,
i've been getting chat banned quite a lot these days,
and since im a cv Main player, and i feel like i receive enemy and team malicious reports since ... well since im the CV :D.
most recently  i've been chatbanned for a single report (Checked my karma to confirm).

is there any way of appealing these bans ? because the game is getting unplayable....
(would be great if you could point out the specific ticket i should open).

P.S: the thing that make this so absurd , is that my karma is 450, and at the same game i was reported , i received 3 compliments ....

thanks !

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles

You can appeal to support but the ban will likely be over by the time they answer. However, if your appeal is successful they will be removed from your history so you won't end up with long bans down the road.

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

@BrushWolf  if we're to take the OP's complaint at face value, it seems like his problem is less about an individual chat ban and more about a pattern of people maliciously spamming misuse of chat reports at him because they don't like him playing a CV or they don't like the quality of his CV play.  We don't even know if the reporting players are from his team or the enemy team, and if they're mad at him for being a good player or a bad player.

I've made no effort to hide the fact that I don't like carriers in this game.  But at the same time, I never ever report anyone for simply playing a CV.  Nor would I report a CV player for being good at it.  I might report a CV player for being particularly bad, but I wouldn't make it a chat related report.  I'd report it honestly as a "plays bad" report, if I was going to bother doing it at all.

Frankly, I don't agree with these automatic chat bans (due to player submitted reports).  IMO, players should only receive chat bans due to customer support reviewing submitted support tickets.  I wouldn't necessarily mind automatic chat bans if they were based on a proper automatic detection of chat abuse.  But at the same time, it would probably require a  VERY good automatic detection program to catch truly abusive messages and not merely pick up the 2nd through 5th letters of the ship name Ashitaka and think that someone was swearing.  Or for that matter, intentionally mis-spelled obscenities.  I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the effort to develop a detection program that was so well written that it could pick up what it should and ignore what should be ignored.

Members
3 posts
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

@BrushWolf  if we're to take the OP's complaint at face value, it seems like his problem is less about an individual chat ban and more about a pattern of people maliciously spamming misuse of chat reports at him because they don't like him playing a CV or they don't like the quality of his CV play.  We don't even know if the reporting players are from his team or the enemy team, and if they're mad at him for being a good player or a bad player.

I've made no effort to hide the fact that I don't like carriers in this game.  But at the same time, I never ever report anyone for simply playing a CV.  Nor would I report a CV player for being good at it.  I might report a CV player for being particularly bad, but I wouldn't make it a chat related report.  I'd report it honestly as a "plays bad" report, if I was going to bother doing it at all.

Frankly, I don't agree with these automatic chat bans (due to player submitted reports).  IMO, players should only receive chat bans due to customer support reviewing submitted support tickets.  I wouldn't necessarily mind automatic chat bans if they were based on a proper automatic detection of chat abuse.  But at the same time, it would probably require a  VERY good automatic detection program to catch truly abusive messages and not merely pick up the 2nd through 5th letters of the ship name Ashitaka and think that someone was swearing.  Or for that matter, intentionally mis-spelled obscenities.  I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the effort to develop a detection program that was so well written that it could pick up what it should and ignore what should be ignored.

I'm one of the good guys.
 910 Hakuryu games, 67.5 % winrate ,  85 % of matches played Solo. :D 

Edited by mooky1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Frankly, I don't agree with these automatic chat bans (due to player submitted reports).

Yeah, I agree with this; to easily abused.

22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the effort to develop a detection program that was so well written that it could pick up what it should and ignore what should be ignored.

I'm also not sure that the amount of code needed for a program like that would not prohibitively slow the server down.

8 minutes ago, mooky1 said:

Actually, @mooky1, a winrate like that makes you one of the bad guys; at least to DD players.

(But have fun and keep up the good work)

Members
9,992 posts
7 minutes ago, mooky1 said:

So you block your stats, but assume everyone should just take your word for it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Perhaps people are misusing the chat ban, but every time someone comes in here claiming that, it seems to end up being the players issue, not the systems.

Members
3 posts
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So you block your stats, but assume everyone should just take your word for it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Perhaps people are misusing the chat ban, but every time someone comes in here claiming that, it seems to end up being the players issue, not the systems.

well, i'm no saint, i do call my team potatoes and noobs every now and then.
but i dont even complain about those times... as there are multiple times i didnt do anything , just got banned.
and i honestly didnt know my stats were concealed, ill fix it in a few minutes if you'd like to have another look :)

Edited by mooky1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, mooky1 said:

Hi all,
i've been getting chat banned quite a lot these days,
and since im a cv Main player, and i feel like i receive enemy and team malicious reports since ... well since im the CV :D.
most recently  i've been chatbanned for a single report (Checked my karma to confirm).

is there any way of appealing these bans ? because the game is getting unplayable....
(would be great if you could point out the specific ticket i should open).

P.S: the thing that make this so absurd , is that my karma is 450, and at the same game i was reported , i received 3 compliments ....

thanks !

Best advice don't talk about it on the forums unless you are ready and prepared to receive and onslaught of FLAK.  This thread will unfortunately more than likely get locked up by the mods as it is against forum rules.

[5D5]
Members
2,295 posts
14,422 battles

Yes the system is being abused to chat ban players. They should do away with karma and the current reporting system since it is useless.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
7 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Best advice don't talk about it on the forums unless you are ready and prepared to receive and onslaught of FLAK.  This thread will unfortunately more than likely get locked up by the mods as it is against forum rules.

He isn't discussing a chat ban and was simply asking if there is anything he can do about them. There is no reason to close and lock this thread.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

He isn't discussing a chat ban and was simply asking if there is anything he can do about them. There is no reason to close and lock this thread.

True but you know as well as I do they can go totally wrong sometimes here on these forums lol.  But crap happens.  I'm kind of curious if he'll actually get the appeal won.  If they find one little discrepancy on his chat log they wont.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,679 battles

I usually disable the chat in general, keeps me focused on the game and not on the salt being spread around.

So a chat ban isn't exactly that bad imho.

Edited by Spacey_

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
11 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

True but you know as well as I do they can go totally wrong sometimes here on these forums lol.  But crap happens.  I'm kind of curious if he'll actually get the appeal won.  If they find one little discrepancy on his chat log they wont.

They have the chat logs although I have no idea how long they keep them so if he wasn't out of line he will win but as I said the ban will have expired by that time but it will be removed from his record for increasing ban time.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

They have the chat logs although I have no idea how long they keep them so if he wasn't out of line he will win but as I said the ban will have expired by that time but it will be removed from his record for increasing ban time.

Yep they are quick with the automated report ticket system but slow for the appeal ticket side.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,679 battles
49 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I can confirm he is one of those weird people that mains CV's and is pretty good at them, I used to be in his clan a long time ago on my EU account. 

Keep up the good work Mook on those CV's, we need more CV's like you ;)

[WGA]
Community Department
278 posts
959 battles

Rules Violation are taken care by our Support Team. Please, submit a ticket if you would like to appeal or report something, and provide screenshots/replays. 

I am locking this thread since the forum is not the place for this. 

Thank you'll and have a great Saturday!