Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

All aboard the hype train: Godzilla 2 trailer

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22,873
[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles

I can't remember the last time my jaw literally dropped at a movie trailer.

Oh, wait, yes I can. It's two minutes ago.

No trailer in years has got me as hyped as this one. I'm one of those idiots who really enjoyed Godzilla 2014 for what it was, and this trailer - .... Wow.

Spoiler

When Mothra spread her wings, I just about cried. And Rhodan, and King Ghidorah, and asdsasdfasdfasda

L090lvT.gif

Long live the king, indeed.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts
3,699 battles

pffft.  Daenerys has Drogon, which I think is a bit cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,285
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,558 posts

HNNNNNNNNNNNG~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
248 posts
2,507 battles

I can't wait for that certain somebody to make a thread about how the designs of the creatures are absolutely terrible, not give any criticism on how to improve it, say that the guy in a Godzilla suit is somehow better, and say that some of the actors look like horses or something like that.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[STRAW]
Members
72 posts
3,215 battles

While this trailer does look amazing and I'll probably still see the movie after it comes out, I'm also trying to keep my expectations low after the Godzilla movie from a few years ago which looked amazing and when Godzilla did show up it was awesome but the rest of it was meh. That's just my opinion though and this does look interesting as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,873
[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles
2 minutes ago, Fritz131 said:

That's just my opinion though and this does look interesting as well.

It's an opinion I share, btw.

I really did like the movie, but 80% of that was because - in my opinion - they got Godzilla absolutely perfectly spot on. The monster fights were awesome, and to me the meh portions of the movie even solved to enhance the monster fights, by creating anticipation. Look at a Micheal Bay movie to see action without emptiness, and you'll understand that the concept of nothing helps create tension for the highpoints.

I have realistic expectations going into this movie, and my hope is that they get the monsters right. They've already shown they can get Big G right. Now let's see what they do with Mothra, Rhodan and King Ghidorah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,803 battles

Baaaaddasssss!!!! Been a Godzilla fan forever! Wonder how they'll handle Mothra's two ladies? :cap_win: 

 

I saw the trailer for Jin Roh on YouTube today an iconic anime goes to big screen let's hope it's not a flop like Ghost in the shell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,285
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,558 posts
Just now, Jim_Byrnes said:

Baaaaddasssss!!!! Been a Godzilla fan forever! Wonder how they'll handle Mothra's two ladies? :cap_win: 

I saw the trailer for Jin Roh on YouTube today an iconic anime goes to big screen let's hope it's not a flop like Ghost in the shell...

 

Wait, they're doing Jin Roh too?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

I watched this trailer and was left a little confused.  Now, perhaps that was intended, but I was unclear as to whether these "homegrown" monsters were need to combat some external threat, or they were going to be fighting amongst themselves.  I will say that I still had the sense that Godzilla was seen as a sort of protector of Earth, like he was at the end of the 2014 movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, Hiro804 said:

pffft.  Daenerys has Drogon, which I think is a bit cooler.

Godzilla would eat Drogon ... then burp and eat something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,873
[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles
27 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I was unclear as to whether these "homegrown" monsters were need to combat some external threat, or they were going to be fighting amongst themselves.

Some explanation here. In the original Japanese movies, Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra were at times antagonists of Gojira, with Ghidorah being basically pure evil, Rodan an antagonist or ally depending on the situation and Mothra being a force for good, where as Gojira himself was a force of nature and neither good nor evil.

Time will tell how much Legendary is going to stick to the original lore, though.

My prediction, is that Big G will fight Rodan and possibly Mothra, but those three will team up to defeat Ghidorah. That's the most lore friendly version of events I think they can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,803 battles
31 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Wait, they're doing Jin Roh too?!

@Chobittsu yep! Here ya go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
982 posts
264 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Some explanation here. In the original Japanese movies, Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra were at times antagonists of Gojira, with Ghidorah being basically pure evil, Rodan an antagonist or ally depending on the situation and Mothra being a force for good, where as Gojira himself was a force of nature and neither good nor evil.

Time will tell how much Legendary is going to stick to the original lore, though.

My prediction, is that Big G will fight Rodan and possibly Mothra, but those three will team up to defeat Ghidorah. That's the most lore friendly version of events I think they can do.

Soon as I heard they were gonna have Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah in the movie with Godzilla a year or so back, was expecting a modernized remake of "ghidorah, the three-headed monster".

As for the movie, I am hyped. Especially for King Ghidorah, who they have 4 different people mo-capping for (1 person for each head, 1 for his body). He's huge too, 521 ft/159 m tall, vs Godzilla's 355 ft/108 m, so it should be a hell of a battle between him and the others.

Also, these were given out as mini-posters it sounds like

 IMG_20180721_163345.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

Jin Roh was one of the best examples of Anime' I've ever seen, and I typically don't like Anime'. 

Live action GITS failed because it was a Westernized production. Hoping Jin Roh fairs better not being white washed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

After doing Pacific Rim Del Toro was rumoured to have pleaded with the producers of the last Godzilla franchise folks (not sure if it's ToHo or Sony) to tie in the next Pacific Rim with the Godzilla franchise. That's likely why he lost interest and just produced Pacific Rim 2 with limited involvement.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×