You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

High Ping is not fun at all

14 comments in this topic

Members
267 posts
4,751 battles

Have you ever suffered from High Ping? Is annoying and is becoming a problem for me. What is the best time to play to avoid high pings?

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

Depends on your ISP.

I seldom suffer high ping, no matter what time it is, because I don't have a turd connection.  Consistent mid 30s.  Was that way when the server was just a few minute from where I live.  It's still that way now that the server is halfway across the country.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

What is "high ping" to you though? I used to run at 110ms regularly, but now am at 35ms with a new provider. 

Members
98 posts
3,439 battles

My internet started to cut once during a game awhile back. I managed to hit 43,000 ping before it finally dropped me 

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I don't notice a difference in times I play. I did however get a kill with 400 ping once(GD was streaming videos while I was playing.) Had to lead almost off the scope. 

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,993 battles

I believe there's something going on with their servers at the moment.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
6 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

I believe there's something going on with their servers at the moment.

I would say this is likely, I've been seeing a lot more complaints about lag in game. I suffered my first lag event myself about a week ago, was disconcerting as all hell, and I have GREAT internet so at first I was going 'what the actual hell...?' My Yorck just stopped instantly, sat still for about 3 seconds, then jumped to hyperspace and landed about 3km ahead to connect with a full salvo of 406mm AP to my citadel...not one shell missed >_<

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

I do hate high ping, can ruin gameplay for me, normal it's was 35 ping, but sometime or lately it's was 100 to 900 ping, that is not good and unacceptable, each 100 ping add, one second delay add. 100 ping, 1 second delay, 300 ping 3 second delay, so If I shoot, i'm 3 second late and miss to hit, or  too late get out of way of torps or shells incoming late.

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,352 battles

I was hoping this thread was about the in-game high ping I'm currently having. Low hundreds to over 1000, completely unplayable.  But my external ping tests are all showing up ok, except for Seattle (around 100ms avg). Guess I'll have to contact my ISP after all. 

Is there a ping test specific for regions to where NA WoWS servers are located. Anyone know where they are located?

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles

You need to get something like PingPlotter to see if there is packetloss for the route going to WG servers.  If there is, then there is little that can be done, as WG has no control over the routing.  I had issues a year ago or so for about 2 weeks.  Turned out it was very likely my ISP upgrading their hardware to move customers to 100 meg service.

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

Is there a ping test specific for regions to where NA WoWS servers are located. Anyone know where they are located?

Use Pingplotter and use the WG server IPs (start WoWs and open Performance Monitor, go to the Network tab, find WoWs in the list and then look at the remote address).  WG servers are on the west coast if I remember correctly.

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,352 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Use Pingplotter and use the WG server IPs (start WoWs and open Performance Monitor, go to the Network tab, find WoWs in the list and then look at the remote address).  WG servers are on the west coast if I remember correctly.

So the problem seems to have mostly gone away, at least for one game. But I'm curious about your suggestion. I don't have a Network tab under performance monitor.  I can add my network interface, but that doesn't give a list of apps to find WG's IP.  Did you mean Resource Monitor? 

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles
19 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Did you mean Resource Monitor? 

Yea - apparently I names the link to it as Perfmon instead of its name... grrrr.  Usually don't do that.