You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Just played in THE closest game I've ever been in

18 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

A one point loss, same as IronMike.  The way I look at it, if I had done a little better and stayed alive, we would have won.  

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts

Note the time and score below.  One second to go and we lead 970-887.  Done deal, right?

7GhB8Kd.jpg

Nope.  One second later...

mX67Fan.jpg

we lose by 2 stinking points.

Members
1,152 posts
3,141 battles

I had a game where every player was competant (and if i had to guess most had 55%+ winrates) and knew what to do. The game was dead even until the last minute, when the enemy montanna managed to beat out the clock with under 3k health. The game ended in a draw, but i would rather have a hard fought draw than a one sided victory. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
797 posts
8,309 battles

Happened to be on the losing side for a 2 pointer recently in a standard battle on Estuary.

Hindsight being 20/20 it was a choice I made earlier in the match that probably cost us the game. I scored 1600xp, 100k+ dam, and 4 kills.. and felt like I utterly failed 11 teammates.

Members
711 posts

had 1 draw last year in random battles, most of my other draws came from when draws were much more common in random battles.

in co-op, I have had 2 draws in the past month.

Members
544 posts
2,962 battles

Two games in a row in my Iowa last night going for first win bonus. Both losses within 20 points. Both times I ended up top of the score board with ~1400XP. When I finally got my first win it was on a super mediocre game where my team stomped so it was a scramble to get damage. Good times.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I had a draw last month. Then yesterday we were loosing with little time on the clock and CA managed to kill enemy CV For a 10 point win at the end! Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

[BOATC]
Members
299 posts
7,322 battles

I had a game in open beta where the enemy was at 990 points, lost a ship, went back to 990 again, lost a ship again, and then repeated again. We won that one. Obviously no replay of that unfortunately.

[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,744 battles

I once had a draw where an enemy ship and my ship were the last 2 remaining ships in the battle, and we killed each other in the same instant, causing the draw.  I'd say that it doesn't get any closer than that.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,354 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Note the time and score below.  One second to go and we lead 970-887.  Done deal, right?

7GhB8Kd.jpg

Nope.  One second later...

mX67Fan.jpg

we lose by 2 stinking points.

Look where the Pensacola is on the mini map.

[Image - 228292] | Well, There's Your Problem | Know Your Meme

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,974 battles

Had a match sometime this week end in a draw, when a friendly battleship at low health took a torpedo at the very last second and died.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,263 battles

Technically draws are closer.... but have had a game lost by 2 points where the score was flip flopping by 2 points every second or 2.

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts
1 hour ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Look where the Pensacola is on the mini map.

[Image - 228292] | Well, There's Your Problem | Know Your Meme

Look closer.  You can see the shells about to him him...

Members
61 posts
5,945 battles

My closest game happened in the last ranked season.  My team won that game 1000-992.  I didn't have high score on my team, or even second highest, or probably even the third, but I made the play that won the game.  There were two ships left on both teams.  I was driving the Des Moines and had probably had 20-25% HP remaining while my surviving teammate was in a Conqueror at 2% HP.  He had at least one fire going and had already damaged conned so he couldn't put it out.  The enemy had a Yamato with about 30-35% HP who had been trying to kill me but had turned his aim back towards the Conqueror after I was able to break line of sight.  Their other player was in a Khabarovsk who I had just missed killing a minute or two earlier.  He was down to 1-3% HP and had just set the Conqueror on fire for the second time.  The Khaba was about to fire a another volley at the Conqueror when the game ended.  I think he would have killed the battleship.  I was a second or two from being able to shoot and kill the Khaba.  I don't know who would have fired first.  

About a minute and a half to two minutes before someone was going to reach 1000 points I drove the Khabarovsk out of C cap on Hotspot and shot him up pretty good in the process, but just missed killing that annoying Son of a B#$*!; but more importantly, it gave us a two to one cap advantage and allowed the lead to change hands (again).  The enemy had just taken lead seconds earlier.  Suddenly I realized; thank you Priority Target skill, that not only had I become visible to the Yamato, he was lining up a shot on me, and I was just able to dodge the first of two salvos he sent my way and was able to cap.  That was the third or fourth time the C cap changed hands in that game. 

I thought about sending a recording of that game to one of the community contributors to show on YouTube, but truthfully it wasn't a great game on my part.  I think I only did about 70k damage and got one kill.  I believe I was also able to use my radar to help a teammate get a kill earlier in the game, but mostly I felt like a spectator as everyone else seemed to be making all the dramatic plays as the game swung back and forth.  I was able chip in a little damage here and there as the game progressed, and it added up, but I didn't feel I was carrying my weight.  It was just the last two-two and a half minutes of the game when I saw Khaba taking C and realized I was close enough to C to do something about it without the Yamato being close enough to spot me as I made my move.  That's probably my favorite couple of minutes of any WOWS game I've played so far.      

Edited by Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus

[SYN]
Members
556 posts
6,231 battles
On 7/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, AMajor said:

I wasn't stellar, but I encouraged the team after I died.  We won 879 to 877!  Anyone else have a similar experience?

Replay attached

20180721_125934_PASD021-Fletcher-1943_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

We won one by a few points (more than only 2) that flipped in the final 15 seconds.

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

We won a clan battle last week 1000-998 with one wounded cruiser left on each side.