Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sourmash

Anshan

9 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
6,298 battles

Is IHFE worth it on this?

Me thinks yes.

Also, 19pt build suggestions welcomed.

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,539 battles

IFHE will allow the Anshan to penetrate 28mm armor, which would mean more reliable damage against cruiser superstructures.  There are lots of arguments either way about the value of IFHE on DDs (other than IJN 100mm guns, everyone agrees to get IFHE for those), but I always get IFHE myself because I like doing damage to CAs.  

[ZR]
Members
958 posts
11,282 battles

No. 

There are other captain skills that are more valuable.  PM, LS, EM, BFT, SI, CE, AFT.  Can switch whatever other 3pt perk for SI if you want but I dont die and end up using all my consumables.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles
1 hour ago, MountainManxDan said:

No. 

There are other captain skills that are more valuable.  PM, LS, EM, BFT, SI, CE, AFT.  Can switch whatever other 3pt perk for SI if you want but I dont die and end up using all my consumables.

@sourmash you don't need it.

My 19 pt captain nearly mirrors MountainManxDan except I run PT instead of PM. I did try IFHE and DE in place of AFT and BFT but found the lack of range and reload more of a handicap. I may not do as much damage or set as many fires but this DD can annoy any BB and CA and survive better, with little loss in accuracy, at greater range.

WoWS Community Contributors
151 posts
9,921 battles

I tried it but didn't really see a difference.  I've also tried SE and even the Radio one.... nah.  So now I run:

- PM

- EM/LS

- SI/DE  *BFT instead of DE is good too tho 

- AFT/CE

She's the best of both RUS and IJN lines - the guns and speed to shoot at anyone in open water (and don't neglect the AP into broadside Cruisers and BBs) but with the stealth and torps to Ninja DS some poor ole BB'er.  :fish_haloween:

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
13 hours ago, sourmash said:

Thanks.

I wonder if she will go on sale?

Sign in to follow this