You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

New resources inbound dev blog

51 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,332 posts
3,591 battles

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2129621340697535&id=1909055039420834

New currencies

ST. Arsenal and camouflages.

Added two new resources in Arsenal - brass and molybdenum. For now, this resources can be earned only for 30 victories in the Typhoon League or achieving the first rank. For copper and molybdenum players can buy camouflages for Flint, Black & Stalingrad.

Added special camouflage for Stalingrad: 

• -3% to surface detectability range. 

• +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship. 

• -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +20% credits earned in the battle. 

• +100% to experience earned in the battle.

In game camouflages added from Azur Lane for ships:

Hipper; Cleveland; Hood; Nelson; Enterprise.

• -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +50% to experience earned in the battle.

Also added camouflage from Camo Design Contest "Remembrance Night" for cruiser tier VII Helena: 

• -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +50% to experience earned in the battle.

Stop looking at the new French destroyer and pay attention for once. I tried to tell you about this earlier now the game is turning into stock markets 101 better pull out the spreadsheets.

[WOLF5]
Members
612 posts
12,187 battles

I do not want to see this continue. Multiple currencies is annoying enough on it's own. But the emphasis on CW exclusivity is the killer for me. Clans aren't the toxic mess that they are/were in WoT, but this will make them worse.

In the early years of WoT you could earn serious gold if you were in a good clan. This created a user base, which they needed, but it also created a class of people who a) never paid a dime to play the game and b) were an entitled and vocal minority. It furthers the divide in the player base. It creates the 'us vs. them' mentality. It creates more toxicity. 

I used to be a whale for WoT, then I became a whale here. My expenditures have steadily decreased and now average somewhere near zero. WG needs to figure out who pays the bills and who fills the seats. You have to have both. But without those who pay the bills, there aren't any seats. 

For myself, I look for Quality of Life improvements to the game, ways to reduce things that negatively impact my enjoyment, and ways to make things easier and just fun. Creating exclusive nonsense that encourages stat shamers, ego dorks, and all that is not conducive to enjoyable game play. I understand that WG needs to improve the game for everyone, but honestly, I think they ignore the paying players on many levels. 

Edited by RevTKS
  • Cool 17

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,457 battles

Clan battles already have steel as a resource that most of us will not get and now they are making even more content that only a very select few will ever get? Seems like a waste of time. The rest of us would like to see rewards that we can attain too. Catering to only the top % of the player base isn't benefiting many of us and is hard to watch in some cases. All these currencies will do is water down what we get that is useful from our chests as well.

I don't like where this is going honestly.

• Cool 7

Members
9,997 posts

+1 to the above....

Someone explain the point of adding all these new currencies, other than to muddy the waters?

• Cool 1

Members
2,129 posts

I knew the day would come when they would start to destroy this game. They should be working on making credits not suck. Priorities? Nah.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,098 battles
32 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

I do not want to see this continue. Multiple currencies is annoying enough on it's own. But the emphasis on CW exclusivity is the killer for me. Clans aren't the toxic mess that they are/were in WoT, but this will make them worse.

In the early years of WoT you could earn serious gold if you were in a good clan. This created a user base, which they needed, but it also created a class of people who a) never paid a dime to play the game and b) were an entitled and vocal minority. It furthers the divide in the player base. It creates the 'us vs. them' mentality. It creates more toxicity. 

I used to be a whale for WoT, then I became a whale here. My expenditures have steadily decreased and now average somewhere near zero. WG needs to figure out who pays the bills and who fills the seats. You have to have both. But without those who pay the bills, there aren't any seats. 

For myself, I look for Quality of Life improvements to the game, ways to reduce things that negatively impact my enjoyment, and ways to make things easier and just fun. Creating exclusive nonsense that encourages stat shamers, ego dorks, and all that is not conducive to enjoyable game play. I understand that WG needs to improve the game for everyone, but honestly, I think they ignore the paying players on many levels. 

You're SO  RIGHT    !!!!!!!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,827 posts
10,390 battles

The other day I was thinking to myself "mofton, it's not the stuttering UI in port, or the replay system, or the spectator mode being kill-yourself in a CV, or the flag mounting, or all the consumables taking 17 clicks each to make cred-premium it's the lack of currencies which is the key issue at this time".

• Funny 6

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,098 battles
25 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Clan battles already have steel as a resource that most of us will not get and now they are making even more content that only a very select few will ever get? Seems like a waste of time. The rest of us would like to see rewards that we can attain too. Catering to only the top % of the player base isn't benefiting many of us and is hard to watch in some cases. All these currencies will do is water down what we get that is useful from our chests as well.

It's going the way WOT's went and which I eventually left and the Same with WOPs this WOWs is the LAST stop for me after it becomes a bit more sour I will be riding off into the sun-set I can see this coming sooner rather then later just sorry on the money wasted a poor investment on a game going BAD !!!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles

Meh.  Just something else for me to ignore.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

I agree as well as someone who has spent well over $1000 with WG. I'm not liking all these things locked behind competitive play walls. Maybe all the Typhoon and Hurricane clan players can each pay $500 a month to play WOWS to offset the cost when the rest of the cash spenders leave. 

And as said above this is EXACTLY why I left WOT that I had been playing since 2011. OP Tanks like the Obj-907 only available to the top clans. SO you give an overpowered tank to Unicums only. What could go wrong?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
323 posts

Stupid WG...I'm a whale I just want to buy it. You don't want my real world cash, then keep up with this clan currency crap. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles

Glad they are spending time developing stuff that no one has asked for and few seem to have any interest in. I just don't know whether to laugh or cry at such stupidity. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

What does WG expect to accomplish by creating haves and have nots? Is this supposed to make us all anxious to join a clan and get into the tier 10 (YUK!) clan battles just to have a small chance of getting this crap? Far from it in my case.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

What does WG expect to accomplish by creating haves and have nots? Is this supposed to make us all anxious to join a clan and get into the tier 10 (YUK!) clan battles just to have a small chance of getting this crap? Far from it in my case.

I never division, the only reason I joined a clan is I found one that encourages solo play and I just feed off the research and repair discounts. 

• Cool 2

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,903 posts
12,634 battles

So they are introducing some new features to the Arsenal. A very nice place were you can obtain some very nice stuff and pay for it with something different that you earn just for playing the game in addition to the credits you earn to spend on research and buy new ships.

This is nothing to complain about. If you don't like it then don't use it.

Or just go ahead and complain just to be complaining.

Ha Ha it states FOR NOW and how they can be earned FOR NOW! also that the info in that post is preliminary ie subject to change or perhaps thrown out all together!

Perhaps the FOW NOW is an indicator that this will added to the regular battle modes at a future date!

So go ahead complainers and complain at this some more.

Keep wasting your down votes too!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 10

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
1 minute ago, firemedic1428 said:

I never division, the only reason I joined a clan is I found one that encourages solo play and I just feed off the research and repair discounts. 

Same here Medic, solo player myself only joined a clan to farm bonuses. There are many clans of solo players that formed after they introduced clan bases. 

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,903 posts
12,634 battles

Hey complainers Go ahead Down Vote my opinions as much as you like! I don't give a Rats A$$! Don't like it then don't use it!

• Bad 9

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles

Why do they insist on focusing on clan wars, I can understand ranked but clan war focus is lame......

I hate the fact that there clan wars/ranked play is limited to certain times a day. I can never play at the times clan wars is going on...

I'm also a whale that has dropped thousands of dollars on this game, stuff like this annoys me and makes me not want to spend. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
7 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Why do they insist on focusing on clan wars, I can understand ranked but clan war focus is lame......

I hate the fact that there clan wars/ranked play is limited to certain times a day. I can never play at the times clan wars is going on...

I'm also a whale that has dropped thousands of dollars on this game, stuff like this annoys me and makes me not want to spend. 

Clan Wars require Tier Ten only and the only way T10 is viable is with Premium Camo and for the most part you have to BUY That  you also have to work your way up to tier ten and more than a few people did that converting FreeExp with Doubloons for WG   that's a Win

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,722 battles
32 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Rather pointless when you can't obtain these resources outside of clan wars...

I don't know, requiring players to play clan battles or ranked in order to unlock bonus camos for ships that were originally intended to only be available through Clan Battles and ranked seems fair to me....especially if WG decides to follow through with their hints and make these ships available through other means....it's only fair to give out extra cosmetics to the players who earned the rewards the "intended way".

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
23 minutes ago, yashma said:

I don't know, requiring players to play clan battles or ranked in order to unlock bonus camos for ships that were originally intended to only be available through Clan Battles and ranked seems fair to me....especially if WG decides to follow through with their hints and make these ships available through other means....it's only fair to give out extra cosmetics to the players who earned the rewards the "intended way".

As someone who really does not participate in CW or Ranked I agree. The original intent of the reward ships was to reward players of those modes, seems a no brainer. The inclusion of Steel made sense, it helped out those participants who lacked the skill, patience, or just persistence to acquire the rewards by giving them a long term method of getting them just by participating. Coal and now these new resources just seem stupid and redundant. All of the "coal prizes" available thru Arsenal could have very well been given out using credits, doubloons, or Free XP without the inclusion of more resources. It really seems a waste of effort. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
3,423 posts
8,276 battles

Just another form of feature bloat. Not what WoWS needs most; not even close; arguably not at all. 

Even if I were the deepest purple, super of super-unicums I would still believe the same.

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles

More motivation to CW isn't a bad idea. I've received offers before to join Hurricane-league clans because my stats are above-average or at least impressed them enough.

2 hours ago, RevTKS said:

The clan's toxicity depends on their overall maturity, not the presence of multiple currencies. Been on all spectrums before, from ones so competitive they'd talk tactics for hours to casual ones so laid-back you can just play a couple games a week and stay there.

My experience is generally the competitive ones tend to be toxic, but I do not believe all competitive clans are that way--at least, they are mature enough to keep their angry rants to private channels. Wonder if @yashma can add his two cents? My current clan goes no farther than "freaking tired of the stinking potatoes!"

Besides, keeping it exclusive makes CW more prestigious, which I believe is WG's goal. The players feeling alienated should remember, they all got the potential to join or form clans to take on CW. If they don't, their grumbling about the CW rewards is pointless because their lack of effort says they do not feel the rewards are important in first place.

Beta Testers
1,332 posts
3,591 battles
28 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

Just another form of feature bloat. Not what WoWS needs most; not even close; arguably not at all. 

Even if I were the deepest purple, super of super-unicums I would still believe the same.

Agreed the feature bloat is making it harder on newer players to understand the game. 7.5 will always be my favorite version as it didn’t have these currencies in it and it looks like the new currencies are coming in 7.7 or 7.8 it seems due to the recent releases of features on the devblog besides ships being released in the next patch or two after. I am feeling the same feeling like I did before I left Wot and that is not good.