You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Grand_One

Please tell me what to do

12 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Ok I can't make up my mind, I need someone to make a decision for me.

I'm about to reach 19 pts with this captain and as you can see from my captain build, several good options are open to me with those 3 points:

Demo expert? - the extra fire chance is always nice!

Faster torpedo reload? - Combined with Adrenaline rush, when lower than half HP this would increase torpedo reload by nearly 20 s , so reload goes down from 90s to 70s :cap_haloween:

Basic Firing training? - Sure the guns would fire faster, but they already fire quite fast... However the AA boost with AA flag and Def AA ( AA rating would go up from 54 to 59) would make this an even better sleeper plane killer :cap_rambo:

A Combo of other skills? - incoming fire alert combined with jack of all trades, or bigger smoke? those sound kinda meh, but maybe I'm missing something.

Complete Crap? - My build sucks and I have to respect the captain completely.

Let me know what you guys think please, I'm looking forward to my 4th level 19 captain and I don't want him to be a potato.

2018-07-21.png

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

I had demo expert on my benson captain for a while and was not impressed.  If you are looking for fires I'm fairly certain BFT is roughly the same (assuming you can hit) while giving the damage of the actual shell too.  Personally I think TAE and BFT should replace superintendent, but either of those with superintendent is completely fine too.  Otherwise the build looks fine.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,894 posts
12,632 battles

@The_Grand_One I would clue you in on my 19 pointer builds But then I'd have to kill ya!

Just go with your gut and if that doesn't suit you change it!

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

According to the title,

Go make me a coffee, and some ham on toast, now!

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,065 battles
1 hour ago, The_Grand_One said:

I have to respect the captain completely.

Indeed you should completely respect your captain but only if they command respect. Sorry I just can't resist typo's. IFHE helps.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Welp, beast mode engaged. I almost WANT to get damaged down to 40% HP now and spam them fishies everywheres! YARRGH!

2018-07-21 (1).png

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
285 posts
15,190 battles
18 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Welp, beast mode engaged. I almost WANT to get damaged down to 40% HP now and spam them fishies everywheres! YARRGH!

2018-07-21 (1).png

I'd switch SI for BFT, make it extra beastly...

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles
20 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

I'd switch SI for BFT, make it extra beastly...

Nah, I can't live without SI, tried it and didn't like it. I tend to live a long time usually, and run out of consumables quite a lot. But it was a super hard debate, I really wanted BFT on here.

[PSP]
Members
6,340 posts
8,968 battles

Here is what I have on my Gearing and the rationale behind my decisions:

Priority Target -- I like to know how many are targeting me.

Adrenaline Rush -- Generally, I play 85% of most games with only quarter health due to radar so this comes in handy.

Last Stand -- A must-have for DDs if you are going to live as the engine and steering are easily knocked out.

Surviveability Expert -- 3500 more hitpoints, helpful when in gunfights. 

Torpedo Armament Expertise -- faster torpedo reloads (much faster with AR and low health).

Inertial Fuse for HE Shells -- A must-have for damaging tier X cruisers and battleships with HE -- I oftentimes do more damage with guns than I do with torpedoes.

Concealment Expert -- Gets the concealment down to 5.9 km.

[BLUMR]
Members
217 posts
2,860 battles

No RPF makes for a sad Fletcher.

You don't really need Superintendent. When you calculate how long the match has to go on for you to just spam out those 4 smokes it doesn't really make sense. 

If you drop SI and either Priority Target or Preventative Maintenance then you can slot RPF. It helps you a lot for smoke torping, avoiding stuff you don't want to see, if you division it helps your friends a lot. I can't recommend it enough.

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
285 posts
15,190 battles
1 hour ago, The_Grand_One said:

Nah, I can't live without SI, tried it and didn't like it. I tend to live a long time usually, and run out of consumables quite a lot. But it was a super hard debate, I really wanted BFT on here.

Also, I skipped AR for Vigilance...cap contester, and you just cant afford a shima torp hit

PM,LS,SE,BFT,TA,Vigilance and CE