You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JoeSlackman

Things that make me want to quit this game

55 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
6,662 battles

Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

Well another demoralizing adventure today in WoW.   First, I get detonated.   What a fun feature of this game.  I am so glad I was detonated.  I was so much fun.

In my next match, I received over 47K in damage from a single run of Graf Zepplin dive bombers.  Really?  47K...  Did they drop a tactical nuke on me?   It might as well have been a detonation.  I actually survived the nuke hit from the dive bombers to get shot to death by a lowly Benson who happened to witness this ridiculous dive bomber run.

First, people complained about Graf Zepplins as being worthless.  Now, it seems WoW has once again over corrected.

I am very close to giving up on this game.  It just is not fun.  Why does a level 8 BB take 47K damage from a single dive bomber run?  How is that ever going to make this game fun to play?

Your Truly,

Joe

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

Well, I imagine that things will change drastically with CVs in the coming months as their rework comes through. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,049 posts
13,833 battles
6 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

Well another demoralizing adventure today in WoW.   First, I get detonated.   What a fun feature of this game.  I am so glad I was detonated.  I was so much fun.

In my next match, I received over 47K in damage from a single run of Graf Zepplin dive bombers.  Really?  47K...  Did they drop a tactical nuke on me?   It might as well have been a detonation.  I actually survived the nuke hit from the dive bombers to get shot to death by a lowly Benson who happened to witness this ridiculous dive bomber run.

First, people complained about Graf Zepplins as being worthless.  Now, it seems WoW has once again over corrected.

I am very close to giving up on this game.  It just is not fun.  Why does a level 8 BB take 47K damage from a single dive bomber run?  How is that ever going to make this game fun to play?

Your Truly,

Joe

How many Cruisers have you dev struck with your BB? love handing out cits?...me too!

• Cool 4

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

@Ducky_shot I have a feeling that any CV rework will be to make them easier to use rather than making their targets lives more enjoyable.

• Cool 2

Members
1,788 posts
5,663 battles

How did Dive Bombers take out 3 carriers at Midway. Let me guess GOOD AIM!!!!!:cap_rambo:

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Ducky_shot I have a feeling that any CV rework will be to make them easier to use rather than making their targets lives more enjoyable.

When they start saying things like only being able to control a single squadron at a time, it makes one think. 

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

@Ducky_shot That is ridiculous! Whoever said that was a plan needs their head examined!

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

How different is this really, from eating 8 torps from a Shokaku?

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
25,791 posts
11,088 battles

In game stuff that makes me want to quit the game:

- being detonated by a salvo that shouldn't kill me such as for example being full health then this one torp comes at you that you cannot dodge so you say "np only one torp I can take it" after the torp hits you see the sand colored font of the detonation achievement in the chat. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,582 posts
25,696 battles
8 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Its even worse. At least the Shok has to think a little before it drops.

CVs dont belong in this game. Why WG shoves them down our throats....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,582 posts
25,696 battles
19 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

How many Cruisers have you dev struck with your BB? love handing out cits?...me too!

A dev strike rewards good play and punishes poor play. The epitome of a good game mechanic. 

The Grafs DBs are just pay to win cancer.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,206 posts
8,979 battles
18 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Honestly not a good argument since BBs taking out Cruisers is helpful to CVs since it allows CVs to attack the Battleships and for DDs to attack the Battleships. So before somebody says ” oh yes we need BBs insta killed ASAP every match, be sure to consider what that means for over all Battle...”

[RKLES]
Members
7,206 posts
8,979 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Its even worse. At least the Shok has to think a little before it drops.

CVs dont belong in this game. Why WG shoves them down our throats....

CVs are ok, it is those AP Bombs that can detonate CAs and BBs that are the big problem since they throws the bakNce of power between aircraft and AA damagae ratio way off balance. And honestly I have seen AP Bombets do far worse on battles overall than normal ones since AP does not work well on the DDs and my Yamato and ships like it can shrug off the AP bombers often eneough and SP Bombs lack the explosive charge to set fires or do extra HE damage. 

Aircraft on game also bring some extra perks to the table like spotting or extra XP and credits for shooting down planes...

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,855 battles

crapplayers who would struggle with chutes and ladders let alone wows make me want to quit the game.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
42 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

Would you be happier if you were vaporized in a devastating strike? At least you get a few flags for your trouble with a detonation.

32 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

When they start saying things like only being able to control a single squadron at a time, it makes one think. 

Without seeing anything of what the game play really looks like I am guessing that controlling a single squadron means you are leading the strike and the rest follow you in.

[RSDWG]
Members
445 posts
7,932 battles

JoeSlackman  you might not have had fun, but the GZ CV guy was having fun.

I know your pain with the CV's.

Edited by rustydawg

Beta Testers
1,327 posts
3,591 battles

Cv’s are not going to be the problem soon it will be non elite vs elite players for exclusive ships and content. 

ST. Arsenal and camouflages.

Added two new resources in Arsenal - brass and molybdenum. For now, this resources can be earned only for 30 victories in the Typhoon League or achieving the first rank. For copper and molybdenum players can buy camouflages for Flint, Black & Stalingrad.

Added special camouflage for Stalingrad: 

• -3% to surface detectability range. 

• +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship. 

• -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +20% credits earned in the battle. 

• +100% to experience earned in the battle.

In game camouflages added from Azur Lane for ships:

Hipper; Cleveland; Hood; Nelson; Enterprise.

• -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +50% to experience earned in the battle.

Also added camouflage from Camo Design Contest "Remembrance Night" for cruiser tier VII Helena: 

• -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service. 

• +50% to experience earned in the battle.

Surprises you doesn’t two new currencies already inbound only for clan wars players. It really dampens my excitement for the game. It is becoming more and more likely that I free xp the rest of the way to Conquereror and Hindenburg. This is due to new currencies mentioned above which I doubt are just for camo purchases we will just have to see.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles
2 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

Thanks for all the responses.   Just venting.

No problem man...I've almost quit a number of times. I'm having a bad weekend as well...How bad? I rage quit this morning, and cleaned the garage. 

I know I joke around, but I'm not this time. If your having a bad gaming day, don't beat your head on it, take a break and do something constructive. Clean, read, whatever. Nothing is worth getting that upset about. 

*Disclaimer the person above has been known to bounce a mouse off the wall when he does something stupid, so as always take what he says with a grain of salt....in a margarita prehaps? We now return to normal forum hijinks. * 

Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, JoeSlackman said:

Your Truly,

Joe

Detonations are so freaking rare that complaining about them is more of a demonstration of emotional fragility.  Especially because you win valuable detonation flags that are needed for clan battles / ranked.  I actually have several DD's purposely specced to be more vulnerable to detonations just for farming those flags.  When I get the flags it's more of a victory in my mind, maybe you should consider altering your perspective and you will have a healthier experience over it.

Second, you posted no video replay.  Yes GZ bombs have a high alpha against CERTAIN ships that are vulnerable to those bombs.  But not knowing that (your surprise proves you were unaware of it) is a reflection of skill you have not yet developed, not the OP-ness of the GZ.  It takes two to tango.  You contributed to creating the ideal scenario where you get punished the maximum amount for a decision made.  You're an average player, so this doesn't happen as frequently as it does for considerably below average players.  But if you want to raise your 30% survival rate (which is way too aggressive meaning you're getting yourself far too out of position which likely caused you to get bombed like that if it happened in the early half of the game) and your 48% win rate, you need to have greater map awareness, put yourself closer to team mates to share in AA support, make sure enemy CV's always have to fly over other friendly ship's AA bubbles to get to you, spec max AA build on all ships that take added damage from those types of bombs, make sure you are turning perpendicular to their approach to minimize the number of bombs that hit you and also force them to try to re-align which gives your AA extra time to shoot down an extra plane or two, etc. etc. etc.  Again, without the replay, there is no evidence we can use to show you what you could have done differently to reduce the damage or mitigate it completely.  But unless you prove it with a replay, you cannot claim you did all of these things.

Granted if you are the only ship left (or close to it) and the GZ still has planes left at the end of the match to do that to you, the match was going to be a loss anyway, so you can't use that as an example to support your position.

And if you think for one minute you can argue against anything I'm saying, just know you can't because skilled players don't complain about what you're complaining about because they apply all the micro-decisions in the game to make your complaints a non-issue.  You simply need to continue progressing through the learning curve, and if you manage to do so, you'll see that your complaints truly had no merit.  The first step to doing that is to flip your mindset from an external locus of control to an internal one.  Meaning you need to take ownership and find the strength in character to convince yourself, "The levers that need to be pulled to solve my challenges are actually within my sphere of control."

If you refuse or are unable to get yourself to that healthy mindset, then you will either quit the game or continue to assign blame to external forces which is not the mark of a winning attitude, nor will it get you the results you're looking for.

• Bad 5

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,788 battles
1 hour ago, JoeSlackman said:

Your Truly,

Joe

If you have seen imqges of the Bikini tests you would know a nuke does less damage than GZ.

:)

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,169 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Yup...

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

Detonations are so freaking rare that complaining about them is more of a demonstration of emotional fragility.  Especially because you win valuable detonation flags that are needed for clan battles / ranked.  I actually have several DD's purposely specced to be more vulnerable to detonations just for farming those flags.  When I get the flags it's more of a victory in my mind, maybe you should consider altering your perspective and you will have a healthier experience over it.

Second, you posted no video replay.  Yes GZ bombs have a high alpha against CERTAIN ships that are vulnerable to those bombs.  But not knowing that (your surprise proves you were unaware of it) is a reflection of skill you have not yet developed, not the OP-ness of the GZ.  It takes two to tango.  You contributed to creating the ideal scenario where you get punished the maximum amount for a decision made.  You're an average player, so this doesn't happen as frequently as it does for considerably below average players.  But if you want to raise your 30% survival rate (which is way too aggressive meaning you're getting yourself far too out of position which likely caused you to get bombed like that if it happened in the early half of the game) and your 48% win rate, you need to have greater map awareness, put yourself closer to team mates to share in AA support, make sure enemy CV's always have to fly over other friendly ship's AA bubbles to get to you, spec max AA build on all ships that take added damage from those types of bombs, make sure you are turning perpendicular to their approach to minimize the number of bombs that hit you and also force them to try to re-align which gives your AA extra time to shoot down an extra plane or two, etc. etc. etc.  Again, without the replay, there is no evidence we can use to show you what you could have done differently to reduce the damage or mitigate it completely.  But unless you prove it with a replay, you cannot claim you did all of these things.

Granted if you are the only ship left (or close to it) and the GZ still has planes left at the end of the match to do that to you, the match was going to be a loss anyway, so you can't use that as an example to support your position.

And if you think for one minute you can argue against anything I'm saying, just know you can't because skilled players don't complain about what you're complaining about because they apply all the micro-decisions in the game to make your complaints a non-issue.  You simply need to continue progressing through the learning curve, and if you manage to do so, you'll see that your complaints truly had no merit.  The first step to doing that is to flip your mindset from an external locus of control to an internal one.  Meaning you need to take ownership and find the strength in character to convince yourself, "The levers that need to be pulled to solve my challenges are actually within my sphere of control."

If you refuse or are unable to get yourself to that healthy mindset, then you will either quit the game or continue to assign blame to external forces which is not the mark of a winning attitude, nor will it get you the results you're looking for.

I used to enjoy your posts dismissing complainers. I tend to agree with your points. But this starting to get to the stage where it's not worth wading through the preachiness to get to useful information.

I'm tempted to start a drinking game every time I see you post using the word "emotional fragility"or "healthy mindset."  :cap_tea:

For those interested, I highlighted the useful info. The rest is just grandstanding.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
1 hour ago, rustydawg said:

JoeSlackman  you might not have had fun, but the GZ CV guy was having fun.

I know your pain with the CV's.

That reminds me of something my Broker said after a particularly bad investment totally blew up in our faces.

"Look at it this way" he said.  "I made money on it, my company made money on it and two out of three ain't bad, right?"

It was a good thing we were old friends.

Alpha Tester
281 posts
6,483 battles
2 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

crapplayers who would struggle with chutes and ladders let alone wows make me want to quit the game.

I resemble that remark, but don't quit, you might get to shoot me in an upcoming match.