You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

T8 French DD Le Terrible

146 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,896 posts
7,492 battles

Don't know if this will be a premium or in the tech tree. I'm guessing premium DD.

ST, French destroyer Le Terrible, tier VIII

Hit points – 18600. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 5x1 139 mm. Firing range - 11.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2000. Chance to cause fire – 10%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2700. Reload time - 7.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 25.7 s. Maximum dispersion - 99 м.
HE initial velocity - 840 m/s. AP initial velocity - 800 m/s. Sigma – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 3x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 14833. Range - 9.0 km. Speed - 60 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.

AA defense:
2x2 37.0 mm, range - 3.0 km, damage per second - 5.
1x1 37.0 mm, range - 3.0 km, damage per second - 2.
2x2 13.2 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 7.
2x1 13.2 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 5.

Maximum speed - 43 kt. Turning circle radius - 690 m. Rudder shift time – 4.3 s. Surface detectability – 9.1 km. Air detectability – 4.6 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.7 km.
Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Slot 4 - Main Gun Reload Booster

Reload Time of the Main Caliber -75%;
Duration 10 s;
Cooldown 90 s and 60 s for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Charges 3 and 4 for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 3

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
768 posts
63 battles

Pretty obvious premium. Will be interesting to see how the French 139 works out. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

Seems pretty interesting, though alot  will depend on how good the firing angles will be. My guess is she will play like a Kiev (840m/s with a heavier shell will have reasonable ballistics methinks) worse gun angles but more workable torpedo suite.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles

Great news.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles

HP looks decent, torps seem pretty good, handling seems in line for something as large as it is.  But whoa that detection is high, like Tashkent kind of high.  But unlike the Tashkent the gun range is only 11.2 (over 1km less than the Aigle), and Jesus that rate of fire is low.  Better muzzle velocity that hopefully isn't as floaty as Aigle's are, and I'm curious how that consumable will work out.  By my napkin math it drops the reload down to just under 2 seconds which is awesome, long enough to send out 5 volleys in the time you'd barely get 2 out, but I wonder if that burst will be enough to really make any real impact.

Kind of a weird combo to me, almost seems like another line where you'd skip CE and pick up AFT assuming the ballistics are any good.  Given the paint job I assume it's gonna be a premium which makes me wonder if that's gonna mean no Fantasque class in the tree like happened with the Tribal class for the RN tree.

[PVE]
Members
9,896 posts
7,492 battles
1 hour ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Surface detectability – 9.1 km????

The CE module and CE skill would get that to 7.4km, so it could stealth torp. These are the initial stats, so it could possibly change.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles

So, its base speed is 43 knots. Speed flag pushes it up to 45.15 knots. Combined with French flavoured speed boost = 54.18 knots. Vitesse ridicule! 

• Cool 2

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
768 posts
63 battles

British are getting sub 5.5km so someone has to pay the price. Better the French. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
165 posts
6,526 battles

Well, this is rather disgusting... in that it's yet another nerfed high speed destroyer - this time a premium whose defining characteristic was her speed - for no real reason (well, not counting infringing on the imaginary speed niche the RU destroyers have as a reason).

Or, in blunter terms, the only real historically significant thing about the Le Terrible is that it was the destroyer that, during trials, set the world speed record for that class... at 45kts.

Edited by NozTheWhiteDawn
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,896 posts
7,492 battles
2 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

7 second gun reload, though. 

The slot 4 consumable is a Main Gun Reload module that cuts 75% off of the gun reload. That puts it to 1.75 seconds reload while the consumable lasts, which is 10 seconds. So from one shot per gun during that time, you get 5 shots per gun.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles

Nobody is calling this out but this is a "Big Boy" destroyer.... It's so big that they have torpedoes dedicated to a side of it, Obviously it's not meant to be a sneaky destroyer.  Fire chance though is 10% which is good for me. Going top speeds at max range and lighting up them fires!

Also... With an 8% speed boost and a speed flag... this thing will be going 48-49 knts in a straight line? Wha what!?

But the Aigle gets a +20% speed boost module..... CAN YOU IMAGINE A 20% SPEED BOOST ON THIS THING!?

Edited by Merlox

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles

Two things that I see that won't work.  11.2km gun range on a 7km detection ship, with 25.7 second turret rotation, and good luck torping anything with 9km torps with 7+ km detection.  I can't see this working at all.

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles

Not at home so I can't check, does AFT and BFT affect the guns?  I thought they stopped at 138mm, but I could be mistaken.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles

1 minute ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Not at home so I can't check, does AFT and BFT affect the guns?  I thought they stopped at 138mm, but I could be mistaken.

They stop right at 139. Aigile gets the buff with the 139 guns as well

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,825 posts
10,383 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

'Up to and including 139mm guns'.

She's golden on AFT, BFT and EM.

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
Just now, Merlox said:

They stop right at 139. Aigile gets the buff with the 139 guns as well

Thank you.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,170 posts
5,028 battles

Oh the jokes that will ensue..

"How is that new French DD?"

"Le Terrible?"

"Wow, that bad?"

"No, I haven't tested it yet.  I just know it's Le Terrible."

"Dang, calling it terrible even though you haven't tested it?  Some reviewer you are.."

"Uuggghhh"

• Funny 4

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
Just now, mofton said:

'Up to and including 139mm guns'.

She's golden on AFT, BFT and EM.

Every time I see your sig I try to decipher all the ships in it and end up spending like 10 minutes lol.  But ty.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Two things that I see that won't work.  11.2km gun range on a 7km detection ship, with 25.7 second turret rotation, and good luck torping anything with 9km torps with 7+ km detection.  I can't see this working at all.

You don't want to knife fight with this thing... Also the turret rotation is better than the Aigle at 27.7 seconds. I'm guessing it's gonna be a french thing to make use of that Expert marksman that increases your turret traverse by 2.5 ( or 3) degrees a second. Making it manageable 

You just have the option of stealth torping over the russians.... Think of them like russian DDs actually.

[LHG]
Members
1,196 posts
4,986 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The slot 4 consumable is a Main Gun Reload module that cuts 75% off of the gun reload. That puts it to 1.75 seconds reload while the consumable lasts, which is 10 seconds. So from one shot per gun during that time, you get 5 shots per gun.

I'd rather they not try to balance around another gimmick consumable.

[PVE]
Members
9,896 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, Flashtirade said:

I'd rather they not try to balance around another gimmick consumable.

Unfortunately, it looks like they are for the French DD line.

[LHG]
Members
1,196 posts
4,986 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Unfortunately, it looks like they are for the French DD line.

I think I'm just going to keep my captain on the Aigle then. If the whole line is going to be like this I'd rather not touch it.