Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

SuperTester applications

22 comments in this topic

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,609 battles

It is great to see this and I hope many will apply and many good players be accepted. Being in a group helping to keep the game progressing is a very good thing.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
21 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

It is great to see this and I hope many will apply and many good players be accepted. Being in a group helping to keep the game progressing is a very good thing.

Where do you get an application?

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,892 battles
9 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Where do you get an application?

all the info is here about how to put in a app.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,573 posts
3,751 battles

Keep in mind, its not all new ships and glamour. It is pretty serious and often time  consuming. Just ask Lert to tell you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
32 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Keep in mind, its not all new ships and glamour. It is pretty serious and often time  consuming. Just ask Lert to tell you.

This ... it's a lot of work, and paperwork, for what really amounts to very little reward other than having supertester under your name.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

all the info is here about how to put in a app.

Thanks for the info!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This ... it's a lot of work, and paperwork, for what really amounts to very little reward other than having supertester under your name.

I don't understand people wanting to work for free, myself, but if it helps the game ... whatever floats your boat...

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
25 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I don't understand people wanting to work for free, myself, but if it helps the game ... whatever floats your boat...

It's because they have no idea what is involved.  They think it's just early access to new botes and membership in a SuperSecret Club.

Been there, done that, didn't even stop to pick up the tee-shirt on the way out.

[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles

I will do it later today.

I am at work and on my phone.

I'll have to wait until I get home and on my PC to put in the app.

This will give me more incentive to play the game. 

While also helping out .

Thanks for the info !

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,609 battles

@JCC45 @w4spl3g @Umikami @warheart1992 I for one at age 66 pretty much bed ridden in a nursing home until my end have plenty of time on my hands, 50+ years of war gaming enjoyment/experience and the desire to see this particular game grow in content and fun. I am more than happy to do this gratis because if they offered to pay me they couldn't afford my fee! 

• Cool 4

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts

It's not abut having the time, but more about the amount of work and paperwork that usually goes into thee type of things.

I was a beta tester on Falcon 4.0,  a beta and QA tester on Silent Hunter through to Silent Hunter IV, one of the devs on Silent Hunter 2/Destroyer Command Project Messerwetzer Multiplayer rebuild and several others.  One thing that all of those experiences had in common is that in every case, over the long term, they ruined my enjoyment of the games.

People don't realize how much tedious work goes into serious testing.  You have deadlines to meet, paperwork to fill out and a host of other non play related stuff to do.  Now I am not saying that is the way it is with WG... I have no idea.  But if it is anything like my past experiences then I am happy to let others shoulder the "burden".

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
6 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@JCC45 @w4spl3g @Umikami @warheart1992 I for one at age 66 pretty much bed ridden in a nursing home until my end have plenty of time on my hands, 50+ years of war gaming enjoyment/experience and the desire to see this particular game grow in content and fun. I am more than happy to do this gratis because if they offered to pay me they couldn't afford my fee! 

Please don't misunderstand me; I have nothing but respect for those who give of themselves, their time and their efforts, to make the game more viable and enjoyable for all of us. My ONLY complaint is with those who think being a supertester is somehow equivalent to being a gaming movie star, playing whichever new ship they want and just LOLing it across map after map with no responsibility. It's much more like grinding game after game, writing report after report, and getting targeted by everyone on the red team because they haven't sunk one of whatever ship the supertester is supertesting. And for these long hours of dull writing and focused fire they receive ... squat ... bupkis ... diddly ... nada ... the big goose egg. 

Oh, the joys of being a supertester! My hat is off to you all, and, ladies and gentlemen, I salute you!

[H_]
Members
794 posts
6 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I'm with you there !  I'm a bit younger and retired (other than lecturing at the University on Innovation topics) and I'm a retired soldier....    We'd be great testers because we represent a market segment that has the disposal income and time for game....  Want to bet we'd not ever hear anything back from WG?

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
9 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

nice to see that wargaming for warships finally going to try to fix the game since more things need to get the test with a small number of super testers. It also could be related with Carrier rework and future lines coming and they might want to speed up the timetable on that stuff since alpha started for the console now. 

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

I think they should also check your ability at the game.  I couldn't ever be a supertester because I generally suck at this game.  It would be hard to give a review on the playability and usefulness to the team if you're dead after five minutes.

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles
9 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

This why I'll not apply -- I really don't want to change my past-time into more work. If I didn't have so much to do I might though.

Alpha Tester
3,445 posts
3,871 battles

At this point in my life, if I want to do a bunch of testing and design work for free, I can do it on my own projects where I get creative control over the end result. If I'm going to do all that for another company, I would code for them- for which I would expect pay(and doing unpaid ST stuff under NDA for another company would invoke all sorts of complication).

Members
569 posts

I have a JOB. It is called "Taking Care of my personal Life"

Want to "Help" Go to the Red Cross and volunteer, that is the honorable thing not giving Free labor to a Russian Game for their profit.

• Bad 1

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

I would love to but I'm disabled, I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the work involved.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,609 battles

@Troa_Barton I am also with plenty of time on my hands here basically bedridden in a nursing home!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this