You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Degli Abruzzi

40 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles

I have seen many people crap on this ship on the forum. Not really sure why? I'm having a ton of fun in it playing it like a Schorrs with a heal. That heal makes me really like it at this tier. 

WGing well done this boat has a definite fun factor. It may not be the best or worst but it sure is fun to drive!

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

I've only played 3 battles in it but I'm already averaging 103k in it, a fun ship! I definitely am going to put Abruzzi as a frequent T7.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,976 battles

Abruzzi is lots of fun, all the more so because so many players underestimate her.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
46 posts

The problem with that has to be with some reviews that have the biases opinion that if the ship its bad on some key areas its an auto-crap and the fact that many players prefer something op to something average

Also if not for the guns the hull its no worse than most t7 cruisers but it has heal as a bonus

Otherwise i enjoy the ship because as you say its the underdog if the t7 cruisers

• Cool 2

[GRRR]
[GRRR]
Members
594 posts
21,184 battles

My favorite T7 ship. Yesterday I was in a T9 match with her and earned 2367 base xp, top of my team amidst Buffaloes, Missouris and the like. Of course, being a jerk with a poor sense of humor, I had to all chat "Abruzzi up tiered op lol".

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,558 battles
5 hours ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Abruzzi is lots of fun, all the more so because so many players underestimate her.

I don't underestimate her.  She is a favorite target for citadels and doesn't disappoint. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles

i think boise/ndj is a much better ship,with much better shells and a much better heal. so if the abruzzi is fun to you,then ndj  will be a christmas morning.

Edited by Cruxdei

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles

You don't see them often, but they suffer from the curse of Italy....inability to rack up damage.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
22 hours ago, Kousatsu said:

I've only played 3 battles in it but I'm already averaging 103k in it, a fun ship! I definitely am going to put Abruzzi as a frequent T7.

If OP has your performance base line. He'd enjoy the ship too.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

You don't see them often, but they suffer from the curse of Italy....inability to rack up damage.

With Abruzzi you really have to work hard to rack up even minimal damage. The Aosta makes a beautiful port queen or coop ship.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

As much as I'd like to enjoy her, the HE's low fire chance compared to most other nations has caused lots of frustration for me. It's quite unfortunate. Any tips on how to player her better?

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
15 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

i think boise/ndj is a much better ship,with much better shells and a much better heal. so if the abruzzi is fun to you,then ndj  will be a christmas morning.

Meh I'll still get her as Boise because Boise did the most in combat as Boise.

Another curse Italy seems to be suffering from is the inability to win major football tournaments since 2006.....

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Meh I'll still get her as Boise because Boise did the most in combat as Boise.

Another curse Italy seems to be suffering from is the inability to win major football tournaments since 2006.....

italy should worry about more pressing matters,and football is not one of them.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

italy should worry about more pressing matters,and football is not one of them.

Yeah they're one of the most corrupt countries in Europe and even today they're still a patchwork nation to an extent....

Back to the ship. I just can't seem to get damage in it easily, the HE is terrible even with Demo Expert+IFHE and the AP is only 152mm AP.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
3 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yeah they're one of the most corrupt countries in Europe and even today they're still a patchwork nation to an extent....

Back to the ship. I just can't seem to get damage in it easily, the HE is terrible even with Demo Expert+IFHE and the AP is only 152mm AP.

the HE shell is made of plastic,WG did a good job destroying italian HE shells,abruzzi is beautiful but that's not good enough.

seriously the ship is not good,anyone that say they do fine with the ship is living in another dimension,you need to work hard to reach MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS of damage,something that other ships don't have to.downgrading a ship just because of "heal" gimmick is not good,boise is different, 15 guns and HE shells that actually damage something,the heal is there to make the ship last longer.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
46 posts
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

the HE shell is made of plastic,WG did a good job destroying italian HE shells,abruzzi is beautiful but that's not good enough.

seriously the ship is not good,anyone that say they do fine with the ship is living in another dimension,you need to work hard to reach MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS of damage,something that other ships don't have to.downgrading a ship just because of "heal" gimmick is not good,boise is different, 15 guns and HE shells that actually damage something,the heal is there to make the ship last longer.

im one of those who live in another dimension

abruzzi its a ship for people who know what they do

you have to know how to play at least 3 lines of cruisers to know how to exploit it to be fun

its like a fusion of german british russian and french cruisers

its a ship with german damage and fire chance french torpedos and citadels russian armor and gun positioning and british rate of fire and shell velocity

that aside i would still prefer abruzzi over boise just because i cant seem to make work any american or british cruisers

and also for training italian commanders for the day wargaming decides to launch the regia marina - italian navy

i already have 2 19-points commander 1 with 18 points and 2 with 14 points on the way to 19 points

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
8 hours ago, admiral_beto said:

im one of those who live in another dimension

abruzzi its a ship for people who know what they do

you have to know how to play at least 3 lines of cruisers to know how to exploit it to be fun

its like a fusion of german british russian and french cruisers

its a ship with german damage and fire chance french torpedos and citadels russian armor and gun positioning and british rate of fire and shell velocity

that aside i would still prefer abruzzi over boise just because i cant seem to make work any american or british cruisers

and also for training italian commanders for the day wargaming decides to launch the regia marina - italian navy

i already have 2 19-points commander 1 with 18 points and 2 with 14 points on the way to 19 points

all that mixture for a ship that have the weakest ap shells,anemic HE shells,slow torpedoes(even with 12km the speed make the torps  situational),the shell arcs are terrible,i don't remember duca having british rate of fire. 10 guns of duca compared to the 12 of fiji and belfast,RoF uses RPM(rounds per minute),the citadel is a problem,the armor won't save her,the belt armor sits very low.

what's funny is that abruzzi excel at speed and handling,but it's a nerfed british agility.

i think LWM had mercy on abruzzi and gave her a mehbote rating instead of garbage bote.the repair party saved the ship,but now with boise coming,i don't know if she will remain with that score.

i respect your love for the ship,but for the majority of the playerbase,it's not exactly a nice ship,too many weaknesses to cover while exploiting the few strengths she have.

QSSX7Sf.gif

Edited by Cruxdei

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
253 posts
3,188 battles

The only real issue I have with the Abruzzi is lack of good AP pen to punish broadside cruisers at range, other then that funbote. Can't carry though like a Fiji...

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
718 posts
63 battles

Was hoping this would die.

of the Abruzzi? It's either Duca degli Abruzzi or just Abruzzi. :Smile-_tongue:

Huzza for people who division and avoid the front line. It doesn't matter what ship you are in your stats will always look great. 
AgedKaleidoscopicBrocketdeer-size_restri

Members
21 posts
10,294 battles

I have no complaints regarding Abruzzi's current performance in-game. The heal allows Abruzzi to tackle any cruiser at tier V-VII and Abruzzi can even trade fairly well with some tier VIII cruisers if you know what you're doing. The only thing that Abruzzi may need to help make her more attractive to average players is a small DPM increase (7.0 second reload instead of the 7.5) and AP performance that more closely matches Duca d'Aosta.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
12 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

I'm one of the top damage dealers on the server in Helena and my average damage is even higher in Abruzzi. I think operator error keeps her down not the ship itself.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
39 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm one of the top damage dealers on the server in Helena and my average damage is even higher in Abruzzi. I think operator error keeps her down not the ship itself.

the number of battles played with abruzzi in the server is just as low as helena,and abruzzi is older.

you are pretty good,no one will deny that, but 12 battles played with abruzzi is not that enough to make a good data,your helena record is still higher than abruzzi record and both ships have low numbers of  battles played.it's like when every  new line comes and the numbers in wows numbers get inflated.

of course unicums can make a lot of "bad" ships work,but the playerbase is not unicum  and we follow the "majority" mindset,look at flint,a ship only good players can get,an atlanta with smoke,the average dmg is off the charts for a cruiser,meanwhile atlanta is at the bottom of the board.

player's mistake might not be the only problem with the ship,like i said,too many flaws to cover and few strengths to exploit,increasing the skill gap with the ship more than other ships(except atlanta,we have seen excellent games  done by unicum players,but they can exploit perfectly the ship powers).

3q63WTy.png

Edited by Cruxdei

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
8,093 battles
On 21/07/2018 at 12:59 PM, Roadrider7021 said:

my team amidst Buffaloes

Surely you mean "Buffal-woes"...

sorry couldn't resist.

[UFFA]