Vader_Sama

Free xp past the Lion or no

4 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles

Disclaimer: This is all in the context of PvE battles so any advises in the context of random battles are not relevant to this discussion

Currently on the Monarch and so far not too impressed by it and dread trying to grind it with regrets of using the credits to purchase/upgrade it.

I will sell the Monarch and use the free xp to grind out of it however the question I have is whether or not if I should just free xp past the Lion and grab the Conqueror

My current dilemma is I have just a little under 20 million credits and so that means I can either afford the Lion or the Conqueror upon selling the Monarch. Also I have approximately 4 million free xp so this isn't an issue at all for me to use.

If I get the Lion then that means I must at least try to grind her out enough to be able to get the Conqueror in both the xp and credits. Also there is the consideration of buying a perma camo for the Lion

Or I can just spend about 420k free xp and get the Conqueror.

Is the Lion worth keeping in the end?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

Well, for PVE, since you got 4 million FreeXP (holy jeez man, seriously :Smile_teethhappy:), then yes, skip Lion and get to Conqueror.  Lion is fine, but as with many Tier IX's, her existence is no longer justified once you have the Tier X.  Conqueror is better than Lion in every meaningful way.  Lion has nothing about her that sets her apart from the Tier X, at least from a unique gameplay point of view.

Buffalo has no reason to keep playing once you got Baltimore and Des Memes.

Seattle has no reason to keep playing if you got Cleveland and Worcester.

Would you keep Izumo after getting Yamato? :Smile_Default:

Would you keep playing FDG after getting GK?

OTOH, you got these ships:

Fletcher is so well loved that people still keep her after getting Gearing.  There are some that consider Gearing a side-grade or even a downgrade.

Not everyone likes Republique's setup, but Alsace is a good, traditional BB setup that is effective.

Iowa is stealthier and markedly faster than Montana, and merits being kept.

Lion is definitely not part of the second group.  With 4m FreeXPs, hell yes, skip her.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,824 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Well, for PVE, since you got 4 million FreeXP (holy jeez man, seriously :Smile_teethhappy:), then yes, skip Lion and get to Conqueror.  Lion is fine, but as with many Tier IX's, her existence is no longer justified once you have the Tier X.  Conqueror is better than Lion in every meaningful way.  Lion has nothing about her that sets her apart from the Tier X, at least from a unique gameplay point of view.

Buffalo has no reason to keep playing once you got Baltimore and Des Memes.

Seattle has no reason to keep playing if you got Cleveland and Worcester.

Would you keep Izumo after getting Yamato? :Smile_Default:

Would you keep playing FDG after getting GK?

OTOH, you got these ships:

Fletcher is so well loved that people still keep her after getting Gearing.  There are some that consider Gearing a side-grade or even a downgrade.

Not everyone likes Republique's setup, but Alsace is a good, traditional BB setup that is effective.

Iowa is stealthier and markedly faster than Montana, and merits being kept.

Lion is definitely not part of the second group.  With 4m FreeXPs, hell yes, skip her.

Heh....Izumo is still in my port with the perma camo as I've grinded her completely in co op, but this was quite a ways back when I was aiming for the Yamato as my first tier 10 and Izumo to me was unique enough to keep.

Alsace was another unique BB that I still have even when I got the Republique although I find the Republique much more enjoyable to use in comparison.

The FDG was the one I completely skipped past with free xp when I was close to finishing grinding out the Bismarck as I view the FDG to be exactly the same as Bismarck in the layout and appearance so why bother playing through another Bismarck.

With the way you put it in the case of the Lion offering nothing different in the game play point of view with other tier 9 examples, this pretty much sells it for me to just get the Conqueror and add another tier 10 to my collection. Thanks for the input, though I will wait till some time tomorrow to see if there are any other different opinions.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,656 battles

Lion is a good boat and I enjoyed her, but Conqueror is a better Lion. 

I second what Haze said...the tier 9s I keep are the ones that are both really good *and* very different from the tier 10. I kept Alsace because while I also love Republique they play very differently. I kept Fletcher because I prefer her over Gearing. I did not keep Lion even though I enjoyed her, because she plays similarly to Conqueror so theres no point in having both and Conqueror is a significant improvement. 

Sign in to follow this