Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bigalow87

Anyone agree with this matchup assessment?

10 comments in this topic

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
304 posts
1,735 battles

between them, Nikolai has better accuracy and armor.

It's sister ship, the Oct Revolution has the same shotgun spread but those guns are no joke. I'd take a Nikolai over a Ish.

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles
24 minutes ago, bigalow87 said:

Really think Ishy's guns are better than a Nikolai's?

^^^ hmm guns I am not sure of, but overall you have the better team.

I don;t see nothing wrong really,

• They have the NIKOLIA, while you have the Ninja Italian pasta BB GC.
  • You have a DD killer cruiser in Svietlana, they have two gun ships DD (one ok and one meh) and one torp DD.
  • DD wise you have two Torp DDs and a gun one in a target rich match of 6 potential BB targets to sink.

so what is the issue ? In this case every class ship has priority targets to sink. If I were the red team,

1. DDs would gun down your DDs fast,
  2. Cruisers would pull triple duty in sinking DDs first, SVIETLANA second while putting HE spam third
  3. BBs have it easy sink cruisers and focus on the Nija pasta BB first when ever possible
  4. CV well support

Now if I was on your team "green"

1. DDs torp the hell out of the BBs,
  2. Cruiser should gun down DDs first, HE spam second on the BBs, if our BBs suck AP the cruisers.
  3. BBs sink cruisers fast so that our cruisers can HE/AP spam.
  4. CV spotting and support

After breaking it down to workload, the red team has A LOT of work compared to you guys. In all honesty I think this MM is more then fair IMO. GL and HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles

You're talking about the ship "stats" right?

I have long since ignored those. They are pretty arbitrary, because they condense so many different numbers into one zero to hundred scale.

The only time they are worth paying attention to is if you are in a CV and know what loadout gives what aircraft stat on your opponent.

Edited by Baskerville77

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,125 posts
14,528 battles

Imp.Nik's guns are better than Ishizuchi.  Her AP will also be dangerous to Ishizuchi.

The one advantage Ishizuchi has is that her excellent HE doesn't care about Imp.Nik's armor.  But a focus on HE use needs time against a BB threat, and during this, Nikolai's guns will go to town on Ishizuchi.  I would not go 1-on-1 on equal terms, but if you got friends, those ItchyZuchi HE shells will take their toll.  But if you do get a broadside, take the AP salvo.  Imp.Nik. collapses extremely fast with hits to the side.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,824 battles

The in game ship stats for artillery is not a very good indicator of the gun performances, it seems to just take into account hard stats of reload time, turret traverse speed, and range.

Not sure if it accounts for accuracy, sigma, shell velocity, penetration, or fire chances cause I do not see any sort of changes in the artillery rating when you equip things that changes accuracy or have captain skills for IFHE or demolition expert though skills like AFT does affect the artillery rating as it affects the secondaries which is included in the ratings as well.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,622 battles

@bigalow87 There is nothing wrong with that match up in random. Tier 4 BB vs Tier 4 BB MM in random selects ship tier and type it does not mirror them So any other tier 4 BB tech tree, premium, ARP or other promotion BB could have been selected. MM only mirrors ships in random this a Nikolia would be matched with a Nikolia!

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
9,501 battles
9 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@bigalow87 There is nothing wrong with that match up in random. Tier 4 BB vs Tier 4 BB MM in random selects ship tier and type it does not mirror them So any other tier 4 BB tech tree, premium, ARP or other promotion BB could have been selected. MM only mirrors ships in random this a Nikolia would be matched with a Nikolia!

I was referring to the rating of the guns, with Ishy at 74 & nik at 70. I cant believe anyone would think that is correct...

Members
292 posts
9,501 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The one advantage Ishizuchi has is that her excellent HE doesn't care about Imp.Nik's armor.  

This is spot on, as I actually got the kill on the Nik, doing over 25k in fire damage alone.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,622 battles

@bigalow87 One isolated instance of a 4 digit difference in gunnery rating is hardly worth quibbling about. Open the drop downs and you will see difference in main and secondarys caliber and numbers. Regardless of that it is a fair matchup of same tier, different nations BBs!

Sign in to follow this