You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elder_Lee

- IAMCOMMANDER - Time to VOTE

65 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles

I cast the first vote. What do I get?

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

I cast the first vote. What do I get?

A Trojan Fancy Bear :)

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

A Trojan Fancy Bear :)

I'm more of a Magnum man, myself. The Fancy Bears are a bit snug. Thanks anyway.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

I'm more of a Magnum man, myself. The Fancy Bears are a bit snug. Thanks anyway.

It's not for you , it's for the guy behind you :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

It's not for you , it's for the guy behind you :)

Well played.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
Just now, legozer said:

Well played.

jk .. actually nothing to do with condoms o7

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
213 posts
1,448 battles

I voted. Let the fun begin.:cap_popcorn:

Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles
28 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Let's face it, jingles is going to win...

Well he seems to be the most well-known on the list. 

Having a lot of subs may bite him in the back though with that scoring system he explained in one of his videos. 

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,700 battles
19 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Let's face it, jingles is going to win...

Jingles actually has an incredibly slim chance of winning.  The way the scoring system is set up the final points total is divided by the number of subscribers each CC has.  Jingles not only has by far the largest subscriber base, but he also has the most diverse subscriber base with many of them following him for his other non-warships related content.  It's going to be a lot harder for Jingles to muster his subscriber base than the other CCs, and Jingles himself has even acknowledged this fact in his most recent Mingles with Jingles episode.  He just did a quick hypothetical comparison between one of his most recent WoWS videos and one of Flamu's....and using WG's scoring metric Flamu's score was nearly eight times higher than Jingles.

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles
4 minutes ago, Edselman said:

Having a lot of subs may bite him in the back though with that scoring system he explained in one of his videos. 

3 minutes ago, yashma said:

The way the scoring system is set up the final points total is divided by the number of subscribers each CC has.

Ohhhh, I didn't notice the formula. I thought it was purely based off of votes. 

Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles

In a way, it is unfortunate. Jingles is the definite fan favorite and will probably lose to someone who got a fraction of his votes because of the formula. To be honest, I have no idea who most of the people on that are and I only know some of them because Jingles mentioned them.

• Cool 1

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles
17 minutes ago, yashma said:

Jingles actually has an incredibly slim chance of winning.  The way the scoring system is set up the final points total is divided by the number of subscribers each CC has.  Jingles not only has by far the largest subscriber base, but he also has the most diverse subscriber base with many of them following him for his other non-warships related content.  It's going to be a lot harder for Jingles to muster his subscriber base than the other CCs, and Jingles himself has even acknowledged this fact in his most recent Mingles with Jingles episode.  He just did a quick hypothetical comparison between one of his most recent WoWS videos and one of Flamu's....and using WG's scoring metric Flamu's score was nearly eight times higher than Jingles.

wait what.. it a weighted system?

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles

I want to throw a curve ball, I doubt many would disagree, all contestants deserve a chance...whoever has the most votes or whatever should get the most ping pong balls or plinko chips, all should have a chance, be it a larger or smaller chance ...just my .02.... personally I want Flamu, swearing are wrecking nubs for poor play.

• Bad 1

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,700 battles
13 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

The way the formula works is all the CCs send their videos to WG, who then uploads them on the official World of Warships youtube channel.  Each video is then scored by the following formula, ((likes * comments * views) /subscribers)).  Because Jingles has the biggest subscriber base all his videos are going to be divided by the biggest number, which puts him at an inherent disadvantage.  Throw in the fact he has a diverse subscriber base with many of them not interested in WoWS....and RIP Jingles.

Edited by yashma

Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Don't remember off the top of my head but all contenders are going to do a challenge and record themselves doing it. All videos will then be sent to wargaming's youtube channel. 

Then the score will be done something like views multiplied by like multiplied by comments and then all of that divided by the number of subscribers they have. (or maybe just likes multiplied by comments divided by subscribers, don't remember exactly)

The winner not only gets their image in the game but are flown to Russia to get the voices recorded as well. Jingles had said in his latest Mingles with Jingles that he will be pushing for the phrases "That's a Paddlin'" and "Surprise Butt ***" to be used for his captain if he wins. 

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles
1 minute ago, yashma said:

The way the formula works is all the CCs send their videos to WG, who uploads them on the official World of Warships youtube channel.  Each video is then scored by the following formula, ((likes * comments * views) /subscribers)).  Because Jingles has the biggest subscriber base all his videos are going to be divided by the biggest number, which puts him at an inherent disadvantage.  Through in the fact he has a diverse subscriber base with many of them not as interested in WoWS....and he is at a massive disadvantage.

gotcha, Jingles is doing ok with his half million subs.  interesting concept,  not sure who I am rooting for besides Flamu, I love that guy.

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles
1 minute ago, Edselman said:

Don't remember off the top of my head but all contenders are going to do a challenge and record themselves doing it. All videos will then be sent to wargaming's youtube channel. 

Then the score will be done something like views multiplied by like multiplied by comments and then all of that divided by the number of subscribers they have. (or maybe just likes multiplied by comments divided by subscribers, don't remember exactly)

The winner not only gets their image in the game but are flown to Russia to get the voices recorded as well. Jingles had said in his latest Mingles with Jingles that he will be pushing for the phrases "That's a Paddlin'" and "Surprise Butt ***" to be used for his captain if he wins. 

Fun just to be a part of that. looking forward to the results.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles

Have to comment and like their video too.  I can't find the videos.  I voted and the links to the videos went away.  Voted for Jingles as he has the most captainlike appearance, voice and so on.

Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Have to comment and like their video too.  I can't find the videos.  I voted and the links to the videos went away.  Voted for Jingles as he has the most captainlike appearance, voice and so on.

Well their announcement videos should be on their respective youtube channels. 

If you're talking about the challenge videos, they haven't been done yet and will all be posted on WoWS's official channel. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
53 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

gotcha, Jingles is doing ok with his half million subs.  interesting concept,  not sure who I am rooting for besides Flamu, I love that guy.

Flamu's great, but can you imagine him in game?  "F*** idiotic team of potatoes."(actual quote from him) 

Yeah, Flamu's great, but I rage and am salty in chat often enough without his ranting and raving.

In addition, he would have to be a very tame commander by comparison with his normal self, because I don't believe(correct me if I'm wrong, though) that WG take very kindly to anyone who drops the F-bomb every other word.

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Cool 1