Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

The Devil's own ship

20 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles

If you had to pick a ship that you would describe as the "Devil's own", which would you choose?

For me, I'm saying it's the Haida: it floats about, shrouded in an evil mist, raining fire upon her adversaries.

This isn't about a ship being OP, either, it's just about what ship best represents evil incarnate. :fish_viking:

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles

Conqueror. Because, you know, conqueror burns stuff, and the devil tends to reside in a certain hot place. 

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,227 battles

Atago. Atago is an enigma wrapped in a ronin’s tatami, that spits liquid magma and then vanishes. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
7 minutes ago, agrims said:

Atago. Atago is an enigma wrapped in a ronin’s tatami, that spits liquid magma and then vanishes. 

Zao does this as well...only better...

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
25 minutes ago, WolfenRepentant said:

Atlanta.

Excellent choice. A well played enemy Atlanta is just the worst.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
17 minutes ago, legozer said:

If you had to pick a ship that you would describe as the "Devil's own", which would you choose?

For me, I'm saying it's the Haida: it floats about, shrouded in an evil mist, raining fire upon her adversaries.

This isn't about a ship being OP, either, it's just about what ship best represents evil incarnate. :fish_viking:

2 ships that are no longer in the game would be the top 2...although the 1st one I've never had the pleasure of & have only heard the rumors but Kitikami obviously takes the throne from Satan himself...& then there was the original Fubuki...only got to it & was able to play about 40-50n games before the split...I didn't do so well in it but my buddy used to break 150k damage games consistently in it.

As for ship in games...the most evil DD/tier is hands down...the Emerald (CL?...only if you play it wrong). Same shells as the T10 (& thus able to cit any CA at any tier)/smoke/hydro/double racks of torps on each side of the ship that can annihilate any BB in it's meta w/just one sides worth)/& the maneuverability to charge DD smoke w/it's hydro & easily dodge all torps & steal their smoke to use it's own smoke for later...not to mention the ability to kite even it's much feared & dreaded T7 counterpoint the Fiji's rounds when at top speed at maximum range & punish it for chasing (that may have been a fluke but I was kiting against 2 at once last night & made 1 turn away after losing 1/2 of it's life & killed the other w/just over 1/4 life left after using only 1 heal).

As for cruisers...Atlanta definitely goes w/out saying...but the Mogami w/15 155s is just pure fire breathing madness.

Note: I run AR on all ships...the relevance here being that I intentionally didn't heal more while fighting the 2 Fijis for the faster reload...& there was some islands I was able to duck & dodge behind while taking on both at once...it wasn't until the 1st turned away & I was in a guaranteed 1 on 1 scenario that I cut into mostly open water to take on the 2nd one by itself.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,246 posts
12,791 battles

Bogatyr. A fire-breathing dragon that out-ranges anything that can outgun it and burns down anything that can't. It has the speed to dictate the engagement against anything heavier and the roadside throw-weight to horrifically murder anything smaller than it.

But what makes it truly evil? It picks on tier 2 newbies for breakfast.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

But what makes it truly evil? It picks on tier 2 newbies for breakfast

That's you, not the ship.

[DENY]
Members
345 posts
4,765 battles

Khabarovsk , you burn down everything and your fast annoyed any bb

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
25 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Khabarovsk , you burn down everything and your fast annoyed any bb

I've always thought of Khabarovsk as more a demon, less the Devil.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,459 posts
8,119 battles

Graf Zeppelin - it is pretty much everything wrong with CV's in a single package that is what everyone was told to believe about CV's - that it can instant delete ships and fleets alone. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,515 battles
1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Imperator Nikolai I.

Especially if you have the Rasputin camo.

Yep it gets my vote as well.

shot-18.07.20_23.49.22-0428.jpg

shot-18.07.20_23.49.30-0620.jpg

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,374 posts
3,567 battles

Love the Rasputin skin on that thing. In last years Halloween bash I was able set up the ram with my BB. Hit the force field and smashed him right in his ugly mug. 

Top five moment in this game so far. :Smile_izmena: 

[GRRR]
[GRRR]
Members
601 posts
21,279 battles

Belfast, another mist-shrouded villain that spits fire and just when you've hidden from her, just when you think you've crept up on her to deal the vengeful killing blow, she pops radar to eviscerate you. From stealth. The only ship left that can truly stealth fire without a spotter.

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,327 battles

Leningrad. Khaba speed, Russian railguns, fast reloading stealth fire torps, no concealment penalty, 3 sec rudder shift. Gets to bully T5 DD's and burn down T5 BB's

Edited by Ares1967

Sign in to follow this