Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

St Louis.....HE/AP?

8 comments in this topic

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles

I keep my St Louis cause I still love playing her but I got a small issue.  Now I am well aware that players are always thinking their ammo got nerfed and all that but generally it is just not true.  HOWEVER here lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers and that is what I usually use on em. But I am now just firing a million shells to get a kill using HE. Am I crazy? My imagination?  Anyway I switched today to using AP and only AP and saw a big difference. Faster kills! Should I be using AP most of the time?  Do you fire mostly AP in St Louis? Hell I even used it on DDs and killed em. Soooo HE or AP with St Louis? Love playing that dang tank.  Tks

She is still my highest win ship but been losing bad past 2 weeks.  BAD run in all ships.  Worst ever.

Edited by dmckay

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,903 posts
12,634 battles

If that is the tier 3 St Louis switching up is a good practice that always worked well for me. Perhaps I should take mine out for a battle to see if that still holds true. If your are talking about the modern St Louis I have no clue.

Members
763 posts
15,882 battles
17 minutes ago, dmckay said:

...lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers...

Try using HE on the green cruisers and report back how it worked on them.

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles
12 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

If that is the tier 3 St Louis switching up is a good practice that always worked well for me. Perhaps I should take mine out for a battle to see if that still holds true. If your are talking about the modern St Louis I have no clue.

Tier 3 

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Try using HE on the green cruisers and report back how it worked on them.

RGR.  But I thought that was the wrong color to shoot. :Smile_sad:

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

HOWEVER here lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers and that is what I usually use on em

Do you have IFHE on your Captain? I have it on my Igor (St Louis) Captain and it works pretty good with the bote's HE.

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles
6 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Do you have IFHE on your Captain? I have it on my Igor (St Louis) Captain and it works pretty good with the bote's HE.

NO. Good suggestion. I have had good luck with this ship but lately I am struggling. Tks

Sign in to follow this