Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

St Louis.....HE/AP?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,019
Members
4,714 posts
7,289 battles

I keep my St Louis cause I still love playing her but I got a small issue.  Now I am well aware that players are always thinking their ammo got nerfed and all that but generally it is just not true.  HOWEVER here lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers and that is what I usually use on em. But I am now just firing a million shells to get a kill using HE. Am I crazy? My imagination?  Anyway I switched today to using AP and only AP and saw a big difference. Faster kills! Should I be using AP most of the time?  Do you fire mostly AP in St Louis? Hell I even used it on DDs and killed em. Soooo HE or AP with St Louis? Love playing that dang tank.  Tks

 

She is still my highest win ship but been losing bad past 2 weeks.  BAD run in all ships.  Worst ever.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
866
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,503 posts
14,480 battles

If that is the tier 3 St Louis switching up is a good practice that always worked well for me. Perhaps I should take mine out for a battle to see if that still holds true. If your are talking about the modern St Louis I have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
887 posts
17,351 battles
17 minutes ago, dmckay said:

...lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers...

Try using HE on the green cruisers and report back how it worked on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,019
Members
4,714 posts
7,289 battles
12 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

If that is the tier 3 St Louis switching up is a good practice that always worked well for me. Perhaps I should take mine out for a battle to see if that still holds true. If your are talking about the modern St Louis I have no clue.

Tier 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,019
Members
4,714 posts
7,289 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Try using HE on the green cruisers and report back how it worked on them.

RGR.  But I thought that was the wrong color to shoot. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,240
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

HOWEVER here lately my HE in St Louis is just not getting it done when I use it on red cruisers and that is what I usually use on em

Do you have IFHE on your Captain? I have it on my Igor (St Louis) Captain and it works pretty good with the bote's HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,019
Members
4,714 posts
7,289 battles
6 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Do you have IFHE on your Captain? I have it on my Igor (St Louis) Captain and it works pretty good with the bote's HE.

NO. Good suggestion. I have had good luck with this ship but lately I am struggling. Tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×