Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

what is your favorite skin mod?

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

so what is your favorite skin mod for the game to be playing with other then blue steel fleet or space yamato or space battle skins? And do those mods still work is the question. I know with recent patch came out i have issue with skins not working like they used to work.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

Been years since I used texture mods for WoWS.  When I did, the ones I used the most were Tanz and Wyvern's.  They're still going.

If your skin mods are no longer working, you have to move the mods to the new mod folder that each update makes.  Go into C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods

Each update makes a new subfolder under res_mods and I used to have to move the stuff over into the new folder for the current patch.  On some cases ship models have been updated in a patch and would need the modder to update the textures.

Modder, Beta Testers
1,509 posts
2,460 battles

The camouflages.xml changed a few patches ago.  I haven't noticed anything recent though and I both run and create.

[RKN]
Members
652 posts
7,525 battles

From Tanz camo...
My favorite so far was the Iowa with the measure 32 camouflage (Missouri)

World of Warships: Iowa on Ice by PH-PennySnowFlyer

[LHG]
Members
1,196 posts
4,986 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Been years since I used texture mods for WoWS.  When I did, the ones I used the most were Tanz and Wyvern's.  They're still going.

I thought Tanz closed shop.

I mostly plaster anime garbage over everything now, but I messed with a universal camo changer thingy from Aslain's pack for awhile.

Modder, Beta Testers
1,509 posts
2,460 battles

Tanz still posts content on Facebook.  His profile should have a link.

I'd recommend checking out USNA_76's content.  He's been producing content at a breakneck pace.

Edited by TheStarSlayer

[LHG]
Members
1,196 posts
4,986 battles
11 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Tanz still posts content on Facebook.  His profile should have a link.

Well that's good to hear, I liked his stuff even if I only used some of it.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, TheStarSlayer said:

The camouflages.xml changed a few patches ago.  I haven't noticed anything recent though and I both run and create.

it really seems like 7.6 mess up lots of the skins for ships now I have found some that work but not nice one that is great like blue steel. Really want to see if it possible to take space battle April fool event and combine it with space battleship Yamato skins would be sweet. Other then blue steel content not working is sad but hopefully, a fix will be out in 7.7..// But we all see how wargaming does with it patches they fix one thing and tons of new issues pop out the blue to be dealt with like Clan battles Sunday servers die bug happen twice now. Now one could hope we see if this bug doesn't come up later today since it now 4.42am on a Sunday.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles

My favorite is the ARP Yamato (Lite version without the eyes)

shot-18.01.22_16.00.58-0442.jpg

Sign in to follow this