You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

should i buy the scharnhorst on sale?

65 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Due to the changes in player pool. Scharnhorst nor longer enjoys meeting T7s or below, but are constantly matched against T8 and 9s. The average tier players own after 2 years of release is not favorable to Scharnhorst. Buy it at your own peril. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
3,779 posts
14,019 battles
10 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

is it a good ship?

She's far beyond a "good ship". She's the ultimate brawler. Grab Scharnie while you can.

• Cool 1

Members
706 posts

oh yes

she may lose out in main gun performance vs. other BB's, but she is adept at popping cruisers and destroyers with her AP, so if you have spare $21.57 burning a hole in your pocket it should be hard to say no.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles

Let's see ...

One of the most popular premium ships of all time, one that has made several people's premium ship of the year list, including mine and I think Mouse's too, a ship that every time someone asks "should I buy it" the response is a unanimous 'yes', at half price ....

I wonder if that's a good deal or not.

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,425 posts
3,357 battles

She sure is a good ship. I would confidently say "yes."

But it's your money and your free time. Please do what you want with them.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,834 battles

giphy.gif

I paid full price some time ago and never regretted it. At half price? Go get your credit card and have some fun!

Modder
1,492 posts
2,439 battles

Cruiser-esq ability to flex around the map coupled with zero flocks given Krupp armor.  Plus it can train both KM BB and CA skippers.

Edited by TheStarSlayer

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Probably the most forgiving premium ship. Did some stuff with her that I wouldn't try with some other boats. Excellent trainer for KM BB and CA. Good credit income. Only downside is that you lately see too many T9 matches.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

She still outguns every other cruiser on a per-salvo basis except Kronshtadt, doesn't she?

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles
23 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Due to the changes in player pool. Scharnhorst nor longer enjoys meeting T7s or below, but are constantly matched against T8 and 9s. The average tier players own after 2 years of release is not favorable to Scharnhorst. Buy it at your own peril. 

I agree that in its early days, it seemed to see a lot more fights where it was top tier.  It was (and still is) brutally dominant when going up against a team of mostly tier 5 cruisers.  It was further aided back in the day by the fact that many players were taken by surprise when it launched torpedoes.  That's not the case anymore. 

Also, I agree that it struggles when it is in tier 9 matches, but it's still very serviceable and it remains very dominant when it is top tier.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
7 minutes ago, prevans said:

I agree that in its early days, it seemed to see a lot more fights where it was top tier.  It was (and still is) brutally dominant when going up against a team of mostly tier 5 cruisers.  It was further aided back in the day by the fact that many players were taken by surprise when it launched torpedoes.  That's not the case anymore. 

Also, I agree that it struggles when it is in tier 9 matches, but it's still very serviceable and it remains very dominant when it is top tier.

If Ranked ever does Tier 7 again... uptiering woes are over.

Also... operations. Soft and squishy low-tier cruisers that it would normally never see abound.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
49 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

is it a good ship?

You wont regret spending money on it.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles
46 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

is it a good ship?

You watch that sassy mouth of yours! Never question the value of the mighty Scharnhorst!!!!!

Quick checklist to see if the Scharnhorst is for you:

Do you like punching people in the face?

Do you like being the biggest, strongest DD in the game?

Do you like taking salvo after salvo for little to no damage?

Do you like sending torpedoes into the smoke of little DDs?

Do you like rushing the "OP" Belfast in its smoke and laughing at its futility?

Whether or not you answered yes to any of the above, the Scharnhorst is for you!

Joking aside: The Scharnhorst is the most fun ship in the game, without question. Buy it, play it, love it. You will not regret it.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

That 21.57 just went real fast. Been wanting for that ship for a long time. Now I just to get off work and take her out for a little patrol.

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles

Absolutely... buy it... buy it NOW!

Edited by Darksaint1071
Spel chek