You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silisquish

Hard to read player names with clan tags at the front

17 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

At the start of a match when people talk about what they're planning on doing, or just when someone is chatting and you want to look them up on the scoreboard I sometimes have to look at their names twice to remember both their clan tag and name. I can't always find a player immediately because the beginning of their names have a bunch of semi-unreadable [LTTRS] on them and because there might be two players in the same clan I always focus on the player name first but somehow I manage to struggle to even find that at times so I have to look again for the clan tag, use my concentration face, and then I find them. 

Is this because I just don't pay enough attention or has anyone else had this problem? It seems an easy fix would be to put the clan tag at the end of the name. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

i think players with clan names should look like this

MajorRenegade[ERN] or for short Majo[ERN], MajorR[ERN] depending how much space on your screen. The name should always come first then the clan tag, which will auto fit itself at the end.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
706 posts

it would be simpler just to get shot of clans and ranking altogether, which would solve multiple problems at once ;)

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

Hey do you guys think I should have made a poll instead? Would that increase the chances of WG-senpai noticing me?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,829 posts
11,513 battles

I have no issues with the current system, I may not recognize an individual player, but will more likely know their clan, so I like seeing the tag first. Reading a player name after the tag, (or at least enough of it) has never been an issue for me.

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
297 posts
5,905 battles

i dont have the problems op has but i agree with the clan tags making the game literally unplayable . 

Moving them to the end would entice me to join a clan though. 

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,373 battles
8 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Moving them to the end would entice me to join a clan though. 

*scratches head*

I gotta give you props for this one. This is without a doubt the single most ridiculous reason anyone could dream up for not joining a clan. That took real talent! :cap_like:

EDIT: Sorry I was so distracted by that post I lost my train of thought. I agree with the OP, clan tags should be at the end of the persons name. 

Edited by MizzenMast

[-TKS-]
Members
297 posts
5,905 battles
34 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

*scratches head*

I gotta give you props for this one. This is without a doubt the single most ridiculous reason anyone could dream up for not joining a clan. That took real talent! :cap_like:

yea not joking  either .  dont get me wrong i would join a clan but it would have to be something special . Its because its my tag . at the end of battle when im number 1 on the result screen i want my tag up there for me and everyone else to see . I dont want  [goat}EyE..

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,784 battles
47 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have no issues with the current system, I may not recognize an individual player, but will more likely know their clan, so I like seeing the tag first. Reading a player name after the tag, (or at least enough of it) has never been an issue for me.

@Kapitan_Wuff is right. There are so many players who have chosen names like Ko_KiLLaBaTTLeShIP or AnimeObscureReference that I would rather look for the player with [TAG]. The clan tags are also important when you see a division. If I see a 3 person division with all [SYN] I know they will coordinate well together and that I should, probably, help their effort.

Another note, play long enough and you'll recognize clan tags. This, by itself, is a matchmaking monitor. While I won't call out the tags that I consider weak, I will note that a [ZR], [OPG], [07], [-K-], [SF-3], or other top clan tag is almost always an indication of a talented captain. Seeing a dd briefly spotted at 7km wearing a [-K-] (for example) gives me much more caution than a player not wearing a tag.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Personally I don't like how my clan tag cuts off my (medium-long) name in the game.

I do agree that clan tags would be better at the end of the name.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,230 battles

Seems to be working fine, im ok with it as it is

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
23 hours ago, StingRayOne said:

Seems to be working fine, im ok with it as it is

*GIANT [edited]YOUTUBE CLAN RECRUITMENT VIDEO TAKING UP 2/3rds OF POST*

:cap_hmm:Hmm..... did you reply only so you could post your clan recruitment video?

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

I see pro's and cons to both sides (and I myself sometimes have the same issue as the OP)....perhaps a compromise of putting the clan tag ABOVE the player's name? So it'd look like this in game:

9bd120ea67.png

Edited by Stormie1126

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,230 battles
21 hours ago, Silisquish said:

:cap_hmm:Hmm..... did you reply only so you could post your clan recruitment video?

NO, I replied because to many people want to change too many things at the same time and it hurts my brain.

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
5 hours ago, StingRayOne said:

NO, I replied because to many people want to change too many things at the same time and it hurts my brain.

Yes but how does it hurt your brain? When you play with your Sea Wolves extended friends do they notice a difference?

Do you think your clan could be even better if there weren't so many forum posts suggesting so many changes?

• Bad 1