You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Scharn info... new review???

18 comments in this topic

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles

Does anyone know where I can find a newer review of the Scharn??   Just grabbed one from the shop for the sale, and Happened to have a 10 point german captial not assigned to anything, so I thew him in it.  Trying to figure out what skills to choose.  Most of the reviews are from when the ship came out, and the skills board has completely changed.  

So if anyone knows what  Captain skills I should use, or of a newer review video, that would be awesome!!  

Thanks everyone!  Have an awesome day!   

[TBOW]
Members
1,245 posts
10,669 battles

I would look at the Wiki, LittleWhiteMouse will have good info there. I tend use my Tirpitz or Bismarck or GK Captain on the Scharnhorst.  it is a dang good bote too.

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles
3 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

I would look at the Wiki, LittleWhiteMouse will have good info there. I tend use my Tirpitz or Bismarck or GK Captain on the Scharnhorst.  it is a dang good bote too.

Thank you for the reply bud.  I did check her out, and her review was and older one as well. I also watched ichase's video, and his was of the old set up as well.  That's when I figured i'd better come ask the community if anyone had any leads.  

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

My build is as follows: PM, AR, BFT, AFT, Manual Secondaries. I went with a secondary build with AR for increasing my reloads across the board when I am charging and getting into the face of the enemy, which is what I try to do.

• Cool 2

[TBOW]
Members
1,245 posts
10,669 battles
1 minute ago, JackG79 said:

Thank you for the reply bud.  I did check her out, and her review was and older one as well. I also watched ichase's video, and his was of the old set up as well.  That's when I figured i'd better come ask the community if anyone had any leads.  

Scharnhorst really hasn't changed much since her release I don't think.  So that data is still pretty accurate.

• Cool 1

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles

Ace4,  The first video you quoted is the one that I said I had already checked out that has the old skill set in it.  I didn't need simply scharnhorst reviews. I found plenty of them myself.  What I was looking for is a more updated review because the skill board has changed so much.   

For example.  

IN little white mouses review this is her first line.... 

• For the first tier, there's two good skills to consider.  Basic Fire Training is important because it will boost your AA power and increase the rate of fire of your secondaries -- both which are nice things to have on the Scharnhorst.  Basics of Survivability is also well worthwhile to help reduce damage caused by fire and flooding.  Combined with Damage Control System Modification 2, this will reduce a single fire burn from just over 10,000hp worth of damage to roughly 7,400 damage.  This value lines up with a single charge of your Repair Party consumable.

-------------------------------------

Basic Fire Training and Basics of Survivability are not in the first row of skills any longer.  BFT is like 3rd row... so it is now much ore costly.

Basics of Survivability  is also a 3rd row skill... so two skill she reccomended that would have cost 2 skills... now cost 6.. or more than half of the 10 skills I have to work with.  

...............  That is why I am looking for an UPDATED review.... 

The second video you listed, I dind't think at first showed any skills review, but now I see that it is at the END of the video.  SO i am going to go watch his. He has a 19 point captian but i'll see what he did for his first 10 as well.  

Thanks for this video!! 

Im sorry if I am somehow not getting across what I mean.   I am more tan capable of simply finding a review or knowing that the ship hasn't changed much.   I think i will probably take doomlocks advice and go with the set up he suggested!!

Edited by JackG79

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

The skills are still valid; what changes is the order in which you take them. Also, there are no more 5 point skills any more; the most you can pay is 4 skill points.

It's really only a problem when you're working a captain up from scratch. If you already have a captain with multiple skill points, it's less of an issue.

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The skills are still valid; what changes is the order in which you take them. Also, there are no more 5 point skills any more; the most you can pay is 4 skill points.

It's really only a problem when you're working a captain up from scratch. If you already have a captain with multiple skill points, it's less of an issue.

Image result for gif of slamming head into wall

[BUNNY]
Supertester
32 posts
8,486 battles

Shameless plug in progress...

Done.

• Cool 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles
10 minutes ago, JackG79 said:

Image result for gif of slamming head into wall

I mean in peoples defense the way you are wording your question is confusing. You keep asking for a review of the ship, or review of the skills. What you should be asking for is a recommended captain build.

To that I say its what you want, either survivability or secondary focus, you choose.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I mean in peoples defense the way you are wording your question is confusing. You keep asking for a review of the ship, or review of the skills. What you should be asking for is a recommended captain build.

Yes.............. you are probably right!!   Has it not shown through yet that I am not an expert at this game!?!!?   If I don't know... I don't know.  Regardless if it's the norm or not.   I am asking for a review because generally you would find this info IN the review...  When you are right... I guess I should have been asking for a Captain build.  I am all set now. I used the one reccomended above.  But Thank you for the reply.  I wish your reply was one of the first so I could have went rhough and reworded it. 

Edited by JackG79

[CAST]
Members
1,195 posts
7,363 battles

I wouldn't use a dedicated Scharnhorst captain.  I would use one of your existing German BB captains, and use the Scharnhorst to boost his captain skills.  The Bizmarck captain is a great ship captain to use on the Scharnhorst.  I use the same captain on my Biz, Tirpitz, and Scharn.  If you don't have the higher tier German ships, then plan for them with your lower captains and move them up as you progress.  The Scharn will run quite well with them.

I like to use:  PT, AR, BFT, AFT, MFC for 2ndaries, FP, PM (acquired in the order of listing)

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Go Priority target, AR, SI, CE, then use your next 4 points for aft, then the next 4 for manual secondaries, then the last point preventative maintenance.

Members
91 posts
1,739 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

I wouldn't use a dedicated Scharnhorst captain.  I would use one of your existing German BB captains, and use the Scharnhorst to boost his captain skills.  The Bizmarck captain is a great ship captain to use on the Scharnhorst.  I use the same captain on my Biz, Tirpitz, and Scharn.  If you don't have the higher tier German ships, then plan for them with your lower captains and move them up as you progress.  The Scharn will run quite well with them.

I like to use:  PT, AR, BFT, AFT, MFC for 2ndaries, FP, PM (acquired in the order of listing)

Perfect Sir!  Thank You1  That is th exact set up I have started using. I only have the first 10 pts, (up to AFT) but that is what i'll do, is put the captian in another ship when i progress in the game. I mostly bought it because I had the unused 10pt captain and it was on sale.  I figured that when I get further up the german line i'll be glad to have'er. 

Members
1,064 posts
5,960 battles
1 hour ago, JackG79 said:

She did a fairly recent re-review of Tirpitz. The captain skills should translate fairly well to Scharnhorst.