You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Freedom Containers: when do they finish being sold? (EDIT: Solved - August 20th)

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

Am thinking of getting a pack of five, guaranteeing closure of the American collection and rolling the dice x 5 on possible ship missions. 

I know the missions themselves are valid for another month.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
2,591 posts
12,468 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Am thinking of getting a pack of five, guaranteeing closure of the American collection and rolling the dice x 5 on possible ship missions. 

I know the missions themselves are valid for another month.

They only have 24 left..... if they are still selling Bismarck and Yamamoto crates...pretty sure this will be here for awhile.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

They only have 24 left

24 what?

Members
2,591 posts
12,468 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

24 what?

I was just kidding, they only have 24 crates left in stock....

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
9 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:
From Fri. Jun. 01 4:20 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Jun. 01 7:20 AM
till Mon. Aug. 20 4:20 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Aug. 20 7:20 AM

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/premiumshop-monthly-june/

Excellent. Thank you, and thank you especially for the primary source.

The key, if I get crates, is to leave myself enough time to grind out the 5000 Base XP for each of these ships (though I assume that if I got multiple missions together, the same 5000 BXP should unlock them all - or does it?). However, with the last of the in-game crates dropping next week (excluding Halsey mission 1, which I'm not going to get finished before August 20 anyway), that won't be an issue. I can make the decision to purchase in plenty of time.

The only hiccup is what they might offer during the current sales. In that case, the ability to pick up one of the premium destroyers for half price might be worth actually paying money for these ships rather than chancing a container drop. And if I got the ship mission afterwards... well, I'm short on silver right now anyway.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I did several of the French BB unlock missions, which were also base xp missions, in parallel; I would assume that if you luck into multiple missions from the containers it would work the same way.

Edited by Lillehuntrix

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

I did several of the French BB unlock missions, which were also base xp missions, in parallel;

I was unfortunate enough to have to do mine (Bretagne, Normandie) in series; the silver lining is that I did not need to buy crates to get them, and I could use any (tier-eligible) ship I wanted. I still wonder what would have happened if I hadn't had overseas travel at that time; I reckon I would have got at least one more unlock. Oh well, the Normandie grind was not unpleasant and the Lyon grind is a lot of fun. I look forward to finding out for myself whether losing half my main armament at Tier VIII is worth the calibre increase and improved firing arcs on what's left.

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles

These missions do combine.  They also go by surprisingly quickly if you can manage to forget they are running.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
25 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

These missions do combine.  They also go by surprisingly quickly if you can manage to forget they are running.

Five thousand base XP is nothing; I can do that in a couple of nights easy (one night if the Mrs is merciful and lets me indulge till the very late hours). And as I've already said, the ability to use any tier-eligible ship is a blessing, as it stops you from being bored and curbs frustration if the wins are few and far between & you end up back in port much sooner than expected.