You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Dynamic or Static Crosshairs?

Dynamic or static?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Static Crosshairs
    • Dynamic Crosshairs

38 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

I’ve always used the default static Crosshairs, I’ve just gotten so used to it, I’ve never been able to really use the dynamic one. Static just works well for me. What crosshairs do you use, is dynamic really better? I get why people use it but static works just as well at least in my experience 

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles

I use the default crosshair.  Never had a problem aiming where I felt I needed extra visual aids.

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,792 battles

I use the Static and got used to it, tried ot give the dynamic one a try but i dont feel comfortable with it.   And i dont see what it gives more once you get a feel for leads in Static vs Ship "x" at full speed or not

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,407 battles

Static for me. I started with it & then some months later tried dynamic & it seemed to mess up my aim so I went back. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles

I am so used to static. 

I use the same one as YOURPEACEKEEPER . I believe it is #9 in game settings.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Dynamic hairs here. It also might depend heavily on if you main a particular type of ship or not. 

[FF]
Members
7 posts
1,779 battles

I actually switch it up, If I play t7 or lower I generally use static, however in t8+ matches I tend to get better shots with Dynamic. I suppose if you're using the notches correctly, a good majority of ships t8 and higher can go 30+ knots, where at t7 and lower they tend to lean toward 22-30 knots

Edited by S7ven_

[VOP]
Members
269 posts
7,034 battles

I use the static with the bright yellow, #14 I believe.  It has nice contrast.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'm guessing dynamic? The one where the tic marks adjust by zoom level. So if I'm fully zoomed in and am leading by 10, then zoom out a bit, and lead by 10, the shots go to the same spot.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

Can you change the color of the cross hair in the game settings?

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
55 minutes ago, Drghost_Poutinebbq said:

I use the Static and got used to it, tried ot give the dynamic one a try but i dont feel comfortable with it.   And i dont see what it gives more once you get a feel for leads in Static vs Ship "x" at full speed or not

You should watch a video on the dynamic crosshair and how to use it properly.  Once I did, I'll never go back.

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles

I started with static and switched to dynamic. I prefer dynamic because when shooting at dds you can zoom out and see normal tick marks rather than having to lead off screen with the static. I do miss the round lead points for spotter plane use, wish someone would add that to the dynamic, as now i cant hit as well with spotter planes as i used to.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

Static because there is no dynamic version of the spiderweb static crosshairs, I use Type 7.

• Cool 1

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,792 battles
35 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You should watch a video on the dynamic crosshair and how to use it properly.  Once I did, I'll never go back.

Ok, thanks for your input, ill give it another shot after some video watching.  The full zoom in view always seemed to lack a couple seconds lead on edge of screen for long range, but i should get a habit of not going full zoom everytime.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

I use static #7 but have been debating on moving to dynamic, especially for when I play DD or stuff like the Atlanta.  I've just been lazy and got used to using the angle markers.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Static because there is no dynamic version of the spiderweb static crosshairs, I use Type 7.

Yeah, I really wish that the devs would add additional versions of the dynamic crosshair, like that one.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles

I use static with the angle marks to give me a better point of reference for shooting at angled ships

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I used to use Static when I first started back in CBT. When Dynamic came out I liked it more because use the same numbers when zooming out. Target is at 10 full zoom, target is still at 10 when zoomed out a bit.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,665 battles

Static crosshair #1

If something is really far away, or I'm playing a ship armed with catapults (Cleveland, Des Moines, or USN DDs) I zoom out a level or two and shells are back on track. It's quite handy when dealing with kiting DDs or cruisers and I don't want to have to give an extreme amount of lead in order to hit them.

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

[H_]
Members
792 posts

I'm not sure what a dynamic reticle is?

I use the ballistic reticle they provide.  I'd like to see a better augmented and caliber aligned ballistic reticle.  And have the rate sensors added to the firing solutions....

Members
269 posts
3,535 battles

I've been playing since the open beta and I just got used to the plain static crosshair and my entire mental range and lead table is built around using the static crosshair. I tried some of the fancier versions like the spiderweb, but I have always been better off with the tried and true Type 3 crosshair, which was a godsend when they added it because only having lead indicators out to 10 was challenging once ranges hit a certain distance and some of the faster ships were added to the game.