You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Scharnhorst discount price

33 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,116 posts
4,244 battles

For $21.57US you can buy the Scharnhorst. It is the Summer Sale Daily Deep Discount today. Judging from what many have said in this forum, the Scharnhorst is a gud bote & worth having in your port. I love mine.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I agree. Versatile with good mobility and fast-firing guns for a battleship, plus it has torpedoes. The Scharnhorst is one of my go-to ships when looking to have some fun.

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Very Bad Bote, stick with free Bote, USS Colorado

Best Bote for Playa knew to Tier 7 is USS Colorado.....

Do you have a head injury?

Scharnhorst is one of the best all around BBs at that tier. The only thing close is Gneis. It is not for the border humpers and cowards that like to snipe. It is made to take the fight to the enemy and brawl! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
Just now, xXxRCADDICT said:

Scharnhorst is one of the best all around BBs at that tier. The only thing close is Gneis. It is not for the border humpers and cowards that like to snipe. It is made to take the fight to the enemy and brawl! :Smile_izmena:

he is trolling.

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

he is trolling.

Got it. Troll = Head Injury.

• Cool 1

Members
626 posts
4 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

He is trolling!  Was likely sunk in a very embarrassing end of game one vs one Vs the Scharnhorst.  Can’t get over it. I think he owns one. He is a known occasional seal clubber who enjoys coming off his Tier 10 fleet. So likely just wants more Colorado targets. 

What a jerk!

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
Just now, Toxic_Potato said:

He is trolling!  Was likely sunk in a very embarrassing end of game one vs one Vs the Scharnhorst.  Can’t get over it. I think he owns one. He is a known occasional seal clubber who enjoys coming off his Tier 10 fleet. So likely just wants more Colorado targets. 

What a jerk!

What tier would you like to play? There are many players better than me in this game, you may be one of them..........

The forums are here to help our fellow players not to spread bad information.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Yeah it looks like a good ship, unfortunately I am 2,600 Doubloons short of the current 4,750 sale price to get it and Wargaming pulled the Doubloons out of Clan Wars rewards. :Smile_amazed:

Steel I guess replaces the Doubloons in Clan wars rewards?

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,148 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah it looks like a good ship, unfortunately I am 2,600 Doubloons short of the current 4,750 sale price to get it and Wargaming pulled the Doubloons out of Clan Wars rewards. :Smile_amazed:

Steel I guess replaces the Doubloons in Clan wars rewards?

As far as I can tell no doubloons from CW. It's all part of a great WG scheme to get people paying more. The problem they recently had was it was too easy for people to get dubs, you could get them in crates, from buying premium ships you already had, CW and ranked. I think this caused people to have as stockpile of dubs, thus, never needing to buy / spend money. Right now it seems like, this sale included, WG is trying to dry up the dub stockpiles that people have.

PS if i could send you the missing amount i would.

[NO]
Members
360 posts
13,136 battles

Don’t insult my scharny by calling her a gudbote. Gud bote don’t even begin describing her

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

As far as I can tell no doubloons from CW. It's all part of a great WG scheme to get people paying more. The problem they recently had was it was too easy for people to get dubs, you could get them in crates, from buying premium ships you already had, CW and ranked. I think this caused people to have as stockpile of dubs, thus, never needing to buy / spend money. Right now it seems like, this sale included, WG is trying to dry up the dub stockpiles that people have.

PS if i could send you the missing amount i would.

Yeah it is a pity Wargaming was forced to pull the plug on what was an already scarce Doubloon income for me. I just hope they still have some Doubloons in Ranked, but I suspect Steel will replace Doubloons in that as well.

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,148 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah it is a pity Wargaming was forced to pull the plug on what was an already scarce Doubloon income for me. I just hope they still have some Doubloons in Ranked, but I suspect Steel will replace Doubloons in that as well.

That is my theory as well. The gravy train is leaving the station and those of us that dont spend a lot of money (I only buy Santa Crates) are going to be in a hurtin for certain.  Unless of course WG transitions these things into the arsenal, but I wont hold my breath on that.

[DAS]
Members
345 posts
4,363 battles

The price is 14.22 US for me, but I already have it and yes it is a great ship.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,749 battles

great price for the Scharnhorst. If I didn't have it in my fleet I would buy it. 

Members
9,980 posts
44 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

WG doesn't want you riding the gravy train for free anymore....:Smile_teethhappy:

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,396 battles

Yeah.  That is a great price for a great boat.  I love mine.  It is like sailing a big battleship sized heavy cruiser, without the lighter armour of the heavy cruiser.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

Might arguably be the best deal out of all the summer sale ships, simply because the Scharnhorst is so damn good (and fun).

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles

To anyone who doesn't have this bote... Get her! She's the ultimate brawler. When you have Scharnie, you don't need any other tier 7 BB. :Smile_great:

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles

The Scharnhorst isn't very good in my opinion.  It's HE shells hardly ever start fires, and its torps are useless because why would you ever be in close enough to use them? 

• Bad 1

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,362 battles

Ahh the ship with an answer for everything.  It gives you the unique battle cruiser game play.   This is a must-have for anybody who is anyone.  

Edited by driedjello

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
Just now, prevans said:

The Scharnhorst isn't very good in my opinion.  It's HE shells hardly ever start fires, and its torps are useless because why would you ever be in close enough to use them? 

You are doing  it wrong is the best answer here. That is the entire point of this ship, feel out enemy positions, find a weaker point then take the fight to them. BRAWL

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,362 battles
3 minutes ago, prevans said:

If you don't get your torpedoes off along with at least a hundred or so secondary hits, you're not being German enough.  

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,116 posts
4,244 battles
38 minutes ago, driedjello said:

If you don't get your torpedoes off along with at least a hundred or so secondary hits, you're not being German enough.  

You got that 100% correct.