You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Halsey campaign, and best ship him?

34 comments in this topic

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Keep leaning towards Des Moines with that slow turret traverse. Where do you guys have him?

And this campaign reminds me of the clash of the chase for the kamikaze last year (or the year before) fun but taxing. I am glad I have Halsey, but happier that I am done. The 10mill credits in tX US cruisers nearly did me in. Took me about 60 games to realize that is was for US cruisers and not all cruisers, could not grasp why I was not making headway. the fine print is always a killer....

and best ship for* him...… title fail, need more coffee.

Edited by Sweetsie

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,598 battles

I am having him on my Des Moines. I use reload module. With his special talent of 20% less reload and AR kicking in late game, you get sub 3.5s reload which is just hilarious.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,002 posts
13,673 battles

I have him in the Worcester, turret traverse and ammo switching are valuable in this ship similar to the DesMoines

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,707 battles

Still slowly working on Halsey Campaign.

I would think DM or Worcester would be my candidates for him.

Members
150 posts
10 battles
41 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

I have him in the Worcester, turret traverse and ammo switching are valuable in this ship similar to the DesMoines

Not sure that is effective. The reload and turret traverse on those guns is pretty much nothing so with that said buffing nothing is still nothing. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,277 posts
4,243 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

the fine print is always a killer....

It is. And the other thing which you need to pay attention to is what does NOT have to be done. Are you required to win? Are you required to survive? Are ship kills even necessary? "Cap, assist or defend" tasks can most safely be done by defending. Do you have to do it all in one battle? All those little details can make all the difference in the tasks you select and the way you go about them.

[-VT-]
Members
383 posts
23,094 battles

He's in Dallas for me and seems to work well.  Improved turret traverse is useful.

Not a fan of the tier 10 meta in randoms and I play a DD in competitive so seemed a waste, for me, to place Halsey in the DM.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabene said:

He's in Dallas for me and seems to work well.

You are a bad person.

Have an upvote.

-R

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,963 battles
2 hours ago, Exciton8964 said:

I am having him on my Des Moines. I use reload module. With his special talent of 20% less reload and AR kicking in late game, you get sub 3.5s reload which is just hilarious.

I was at 10% HP when the Confederate kicked in. Ever seen 2.0 second reload? 

[HINON]
Members
2,267 posts
6,330 battles

I got him on Worcester.... only because I got John Doe on Des Moines  those two and Gearing would be best Choices for Halsey to get put on IMHO

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles

Flamu did a video yesterday with him in Montana.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Flamu did a video yesterday with him in Montana.

I saw that. Even though he and I seem to do everything the exact same...he gets these games where his numbers are eye popping and I get misses, shatters and 1190 damage hits and he gets 3 cits...drives me nuts sometimes.

• Cool 2

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles

I'll be using him as a jack of all trades and a master of none for all my premium ships 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts

hes in my desmoines for me but i rarely get confederate so it doesnt make much of a difference for me anyhow

[PLPT]
Members
65 posts
4,560 battles

I have him in my Texas, but am going to move him to the Alaska when it gets released.

[APOC_]
Members
911 posts
6,164 battles

I have John Doe in the DM already, so I dropped Halsey in the Montana. Probably the best fit for him, honestly. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
9,020 battles

Probably a DM with reload mod. Maybe a Buffalo with the reload mod as a second. In general I think he would be good on any US T9-10 BB or CA with the reload module.

FYI, I put him on my Iowa with the reload module and setup as a BB Captain. I have many US premium BBs, and have John Doe setup for high tier cruisers.

Edited by SavageTactical

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,329 battles
5 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Huh? Worcester already has great turret traverse and a 4 second reload

Members
523 posts
3,693 battles
52 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Huh? Worcester already has great turret traverse and a 4 second reload

It's a Confederate machine.

Edit: Turret traverse and ammo switching values are pretty much non-existent.  No idea why anyone would choose either skill on the Sauce boat.  

Edited by Uber_Ghost

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles

i have halsey on montana, and john doe on des moines

feels like it's easier to get confederate on monty then dm, plus DM ROF already enough in most cases

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

There's people out here talking about where to put him meanwhile I'm only halfway through the Yamamoto campaign :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles

I presently have Admiral Halsey on Helena. However, when/if Alaska gets here, I'll re-assign and re-spec him as my Heavy Cruiser/Battleship Captain. (Alaska, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Texas, Alabama, Missouri)

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles
7 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

Keep leaning towards Des Moines with that slow turret traverse. Where do you guys have him?

And this campaign reminds me of the clash of the chase for the kamikaze last year (or the year before) fun but taxing. I am glad I have Halsey, but happier that I am done. The 10mill credits in tX US cruisers nearly did me in. Took me about 60 games to realize that is was for US cruisers and not all cruisers, could not grasp why I was not making headway. the fine print is always a killer....

and best ship for* him...… title fail, need more coffee.

I put him in Helena where he will stay until this game is no more.

• Cool 1