You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Patosentado

Russian DD line changes

14 comments in this topic

Members
325 posts
328 battles

I have seen in other post in the Main that Russian DD line will receiv some changes, mainly in turret turn/rate of fire.

Soviet Destroyers "Gnevny" and "Minsk":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.

Soviet Destroyer "Podvoisky":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;
  • Reduced the reload time of the Main Battery from 8.1 to 7.5 s.

The Soviet modules 102 mm/60 Model 1911 (installed on Soviet destroyers of Tier II-IV):

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 8.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;

The Soviet Destroyer "Tashkent":
Added a researchable main battery module: 130 mm / 55 B-2-U from Khabarovsk. This addition will make moving along the Tech Tree more logical and will allow you to get used to tier X ballistics in advance.
The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute.

The Soviet Cruiser "Chapayev":
The possibility of installing the equipment "Surveillance Radar" on the A Hull.
Change brings consistency to this ship's progression.

Is that true?

Any date?

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

Nothing particularly ground breaking there. The turret rotation was pretty punitive, making any jinking maneuvers an exercise in frustration, to avoid incoming fire. Not to mention, you pretty much had to spec a captain skill into turret rotation. Good changes when implemented.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,567 posts
3,751 battles
9 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Nothing particularly ground breaking there. The turret rotation was pretty punitive, making any jinking maneuvers an exercise in frustration, to avoid incoming fire. Not to mention, you pretty much had to spec a captain skill into turret rotation. Good changes when implemented.

On the one hand it is annoying, but on the other hand it was considered a balancing factor for the excellent shell ballistics. In addition, ships like Anshan, Leningrad and Fushun dont seem to be getting the same treatment. 

• Cool 1

Members
325 posts
328 battles
27 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

On the one hand it is annoying, but on the other hand it was considered a balancing factor for the excellent shell ballistics. In addition, ships like Anshan, Leningrad and Fushun dont seem to be getting the same treatment. 

Those have 8km torps, with the new turret parameters they would be OP.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,567 posts
3,751 battles
7 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Those have 8km torps, with the new turret parameters they would be OP.

Oh no Im not arguing that balance wise. However Fushun and Anshan are practically Gnevny class, and Leningrad is Minsk. Did they forget to put WD40 on their turrets ? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,268 posts
9,104 battles

Considering the strength of Russian DDs, I think these buffs were unnecessary.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles

Yes. 

Check out developers blog on Facebook. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles

Russian Bias at it's finest 

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,926 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Considering the strength of Russian DDs, I think these buffs were unnecessary.

Do you play Soviet DDs? Especially at high tier? I do. You can’t kite effectively and return fire. People that play them appreciate that, so I am asking. 

[-K-]
Members
5,268 posts
9,104 battles
51 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Do you play Soviet DDs? Especially at high tier? I do. You can’t kite effectively and return fire. People that play them appreciate that, so I am asking. 

Have both lines up to T10.  Didn't find any issues that weren't manageable.  Not saying they are flawless, but their strengths definitely outweigh their weaknesses.

I'd lobby for buffs to IJN DDs well before any Russian ones.

[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
1 hour ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Russian Bias at it's finest 

Have to agree. None of these ships were at the top of their respective tiers but they weren't quite at the bottom either.  The Leningrad is a good middle of the pack performer at T7 and both Podv and Gnevny  have a bottom dwelling IJN DD performing worse at their respective tiers. Why not grease up the IJN turrets too?

Every tier and type will have a ship at or near the bottom of the rankings. I guess WG sees that as a problem if that ship is Russian.

Edited by Sabot_100

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,926 battles
32 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Have both lines up to T10.  Didn't find any issues that weren't manageable.  Not saying they are flawless, but their strengths definitely outweigh their weaknesses.

I'd lobby for buffs to IJN DDs well before any Russian ones.

I struggle with them, personally. I imagine other average players do, too. 

WRT IJN DDs, why not buff both? 

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,540 battles

Hmm. I suppose it might be worth buying Gnevny back to try this change out. I do appreciate that the Anshan and Leningrad aren't simply straight-up better versions of Gnevny and Minsk, respectively. It's nice when tech tree ships have something to recommend them over premiums.

--Helms