AstroPig_

Which American ships to skil

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
75 battles

I would like to know which american ships are not worth playing. I know I should play every tier but there are some ships not worth playing. Also should I fully upgrade every ship or not.

Thanks

[DENY]
Members
344 posts
4,720 battles

Meh everything from 1 to 9 included

Just trolling ship are like taste some do good in some some don't , it vary

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
37 minutes ago, AstroPig_ said:

I would like to know which american ships are not worth playing. I know I should play every tier but there are some ships not worth playing. Also should I fully upgrade every ship or not.

Thanks

All the ships are worth playing, they all have different play styles, Ballistics, Stealth, there is a learning curve to every ship. I should know I have 232 of them so far. Work your way up the line. If you haven't done invite a friend here is a code but you can't be past level 3 to use it. You get 2 premium ships and other stuff. You have to reach level 6 to get the Texas.

https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/xxEVbe1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,451 posts
11,762 battles

Which line?

Destroyers: tiers 4 up are very good. Clemson is OP., Fletcher one of best DD's in Game, Gearing almost best at tier.

CA: tiers 7 up are very good.

Cl: tiers 6 up are very good. Exceptions: Helena OP, Seattle hard to play.

BB: tier 8 up very good. Worth a note: Colorado and New Mexico are very good, but extremely slow and require good positioning.

[SIDE]
Members
1,255 posts
8,868 battles
3 hours ago, AstroPig_ said:

Thanks

You should play them all. Skipping ships to get to higher tier ships with so few games played will result in a great deal of frustration on your part. Players get exponentionally better the higher you go. Don't be in any kind of a rush; stick to tier 4 and under for a while. Do not buy any high tier premium ships either; you will regret it. Go watch some of ichase's videos on youtube on how to play certain classes and general tutorials.

Yes, you want to fully upgrade each ship, or you're just gimping yourself while playing them, not to mention you're doing a dis-service to your team by joining a game with an inferior ship. Use your free xp to get ship upgrades, not to get into the next ship in the line.

Arguably, you might want to consider the german or japanese lines first. They are more new player friendly, in my opinion.

Edited by _Rumple_

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,518 battles
2 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Yes, you want to fully upgrade each ship, or you're just gimping yourself while playing them, not to mention you're doing a dis-service to your team by joining a game with an inferior ship. Use your free xp to get ship upgrades, not to get into the next ship in the line.

I would agree with this to a point.

Several DDs sacrifice a main gun for better AA. Depending on your play style, you may want to consider skipping the final upgrade. Not choosing the final hull does not stop you from proceeding up the line.