Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DESRON10

An LOL moment with the American Collection and Duplicates, Who has the most duplicates to close out the collection?

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

221
[P2W]
Members
719 posts

Making up a thread here to see who got the most duplicates to close out their American collection. Show me your duplicates baby!

I submit mine as I was a good boy and didn't cash them out until I had enough to close it out. I present 39 items collected and 46 duplicates to close.

I had an extra duplicate due to the fact I got a indy personal mission crate along with my 1st daily crate.

shot-18_07.20_00_05.36-0282.thumb.jpg.0f8c60215c0fde438e1c5734e1535c4e.jpg

shot-18_07.20_00_30_30-0463.thumb.jpg.4e83e3fc4f9dde94ff2d816e2bfb7398.jpg

Edited by DESRON10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
294
[WOLF2]
Members
1,386 posts
13,095 battles

I wouldn't be in any hurry, the 2 flags may be interesting but the alternate color scheme for camo is much worse than reg camo.

Even the final reward is just another camo that most people already have for Cleveland

save duplicates for credits

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,359
[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

I tend to use my duplicates when it gets to 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles
21 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

save duplicates for credits

How do you get credits from duplicates? Can I get credits from the Yamamoto collection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles

I wouldn't really hoard duplicates to the point where I finish the collection with 40 something of them. Instead, what I tend to do is save the duplicates until one of the sub-collections is nearly complete and use them to finish that. My original plan was to save up the duplicates until there were enough to simply buy the rest of the items but I really wanted a second flag on my battleships so I used the 12 duplicates I had at the moment to buy the 2 remaining items in that sub-collection. 

I'm curious how the sub-collections for that camo thing works, do you basically get to alter the coloring of the camouflage on your ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
51 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Making up a thread here to see who got the most duplicates to close out their American collection. Show me your duplicates baby!

I submit mine as I was a good boy and didn't cash them out until I had enough to close it out. I present 39 items collected and 46 duplicates to close.

I had an extra duplicate due to the fact I got a indy personal mission crate along with my 1st daily crate.

shot-18_07.20_00_05.36-0282.thumb.jpg.0f8c60215c0fde438e1c5734e1535c4e.jpg

shot-18_07.20_00_30_30-0463.thumb.jpg.4e83e3fc4f9dde94ff2d816e2bfb7398.jpg

Ah, I didn’t take a screenshot, but I finished mine last night with 50 duplicates (ie, needed 10 more items). I was expecting I would need 60, but got two uniques in two crates (!!!!!!!!) which meant I could finish it this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
6 hours ago, Kousatsu said:

I tend to use my duplicates when it gets to 5

No! Always save them up to the end, otherwise you might have got that same picture as a unique; instead you’d get a duplicate and have spent 5 duplicates for your trouble. 

5 hours ago, Edselman said:

I wouldn't really hoard duplicates to the point where I finish the collection with 40 something of them. Instead, what I tend to do is save the duplicates until one of the sub-collections is nearly complete and use them to finish that. My original plan was to save up the duplicates until there were enough to simply buy the rest of the items but I really wanted a second flag on my battleships so I used the 12 duplicates I had at the moment to buy the 2 remaining items in that sub-collection. 

I'm curious how the sub-collections for that camo thing works, do you basically get to alter the coloring of the camouflage on your ships?

You get some flexibility with camo scheme colours - for IJN, you can change the default sickly green to a dark blue, and for USN you can change it from the normal light grey patters to a dark grey pattern. But that’s about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,642 posts
2,155 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You get some flexibility with camo scheme colours - for IJN, you can change the default sickly green to a dark blue, and for USN you can change it from the normal light grey patters to a dark grey pattern. But that’s about it. 

Hmm, odd.

I got the perma camo on my Montana, was hoping I could change the black parts to dark blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
5 minutes ago, Edselman said:

Hmm, odd.

I got the perma camo on my Montana, was hoping I could change the black parts to dark blue. 

No deal. It is pre-set. 

Having said that, in the future the devs may have ideas about making it more flexible, like a colour palette, but for now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TSPC]
Members
3 posts
7,340 battles

Yamamoto collection currently on-going... I might reach more!

 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,018
[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,275 battles
5 hours ago, 56th_Karma said:

when do these crates end? I need 1 more medal to complete my collection

The collection items continue to appear in regular containers, AFAIK.

I calculate that Sunday is the last crate if you have the Indianapolis; they promised 18 extra, and beginning June 1st and dropping every 3 days (2600 Miles of Indianapolis mission), the 18th drops on Sunday.

What I've forgotten is the closing date (if there is one) to get the camo. I think it's August 20, which IIRC is when the Freedom Containers stop being sold in the Premium Shop and when the winnable ship missions (Kidd, Sims, Monaghan, Atlanta, buffed T8 Cleveland) have to be ground out by.

The crates each have TWO American Collection items, and with two items left to collect, a pack of 5 crates would either finish it out for me naturally or guarantee me enough duplicates to close. I am prepared to gamble that much for a chance (well, five chances) at a premium ship, and a hundred draconic flags would also come in handy. If I don't get a mission drop in a regular American Crate by the 25th (when they finish absolutely), I'll toss WG the cash and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,325
[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I finished my Collection, but I only ever saw 1 mission to earn a ship, and that was (surprise, surprise) Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

As stated above, the smartest thing to do is save all duplicates until you have enough to completely finish your collection.  I wouldn't even spend them in order to complete a sub-collection.

If you spend 5 duplicates for an item but don't finish the collection, tomorrow's drop may be the item you just spent 5 duplicates for.  You now get one duplicate for it, but yesterday you spent 5 to get it, so in effect you just flushed 4 duplicates for nothing...and you just extended your timeframe for comleting the entire collection.  If you do this several times...you get an idea why it takes some people so long to finish collections, and/or they don't complete them before the event ends.

If I remember correctly, I had 43 duplicates when I finally got the last unique item I needed.  That left me 8 items short, and I had enough duplicates to close the collection out.

Edited by desmo_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,018
[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,275 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

and/or they don't complete them before the event ends.

When DOES this one end? My memory says August 20, but the start is far enough in the past it's hard to keep track of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[P2W]
Members
719 posts
7 hours ago, Canadatron said:

I finished my Collection, but I only ever saw 1 mission to earn a ship, and that was (surprise, surprise) Cleveland.

You saw1 more than I did then. I had zilch,nada, nothing! Only Duplicates and More Duplicates! :fish_nerv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,018
[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,275 battles
10 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

You saw1 more than I did then.

I have not yet seen one either. I think those who got the premium shop crates early got incredibly good luck rolls, particularly if they bought the expensive bundles (30 crates or whatever), while the number of people who got them out of standard crates during the Marathon or the Indianapolis-restricted missions had a very low but still non-zero rate. There were people who bought five crates and got two unlocks, a really good value deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,231
[WOLF3]
Members
6,466 posts
2,414 battles
14 hours ago, 56th_Karma said:

when do these crates end?

7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When DOES this one end?

Yamamoto and American Cruiser collections never end.  They can, however, be turned off.  So if you haven't seen an item from a Daily Container for a while, check the toggle switch on the main panel.

The crates are available through Aug. 20, IIRC.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,018
[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,275 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yamamoto and American Cruiser never end. 

Does this also mean that I can wait till the cows come home to grab the Cleveland camo? That would obviate the need to buy boxes, though I still might gamble some $$$ on the possibility of ship missions and take some Draconic flags as consolation prizes if I fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,231
[WOLF3]
Members
6,466 posts
2,414 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does this also mean that I can wait till the cows come home to grab the Cleveland camo?

AFAICT, yes.  That's why I haven't bought a crate.  The collection will complete on its own - eventually.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[SOFOP]
Members
244 posts
3,588 battles

People are mentioning getting paid for duplicates.  How does this occur?  Do you automatically get credits for any duplicates once you complete the collection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
653
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,514 battles

I was 9 items away with 44 duplicates. Crate gave me an item I didn't have so was able to get them all with 4 to spare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×