Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

SO did ANYONE from wg actually test impossible frontier after they BUFFED the FREACKIN cap out of it

86 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Yeah might as well delete ur freakin tier 7 ops, start from scratch COMPLETELY unenjoyable 

had an awesome 2 star run and a few BIllion credit loss for trying.

NOT FUN WG,they use to be enjoyable.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,558 posts

I've played it and it works just fine

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[PSP]
Members
6,252 posts
8,888 battles

You have to have a team that knows what they are doing but most teams don't. You also need to have a battleship or two, which will spawn near the base. If everyone spawns down at the foot of the map the aerodrome will be overrun before you can get up there. For the most part, you want long range, high DPM cruisers. A mix of Cls and CAs is best.  DDs are next to worthless as they can't tank damage and the bots "cheat" when torpedoed (they start maneuvering the instant your torpedoes are released even if you are undetected). 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

I would tell you what I really think of Ultimate F*U but I would like to be able post here again.

Yeah, sometimes you can beat it.  Other times even the Pros from Dover just say f* it and bail.

I would like to know how (or if) the devs tested the buff.  The Op used to be tough but doable.  Now it's an exercise in bad language.

• Cool 3

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,565 battles

Few billion? You should be broke right now.
And Frontier? Which one's that one?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

DDs are next to worthless

You are very very wrong on this one, Snarg.  A good DD player can make all the difference.  Watch some of Lightninger's vids on this Op.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles
2 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

And Frontier? Which one's that one?

If you don't know, why are you posting?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,565 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

If you don't know, why are you posting?

Well I usually only do the OPs for the prem time and that's it. On my normal runs, I get a lot of creds/XP for the ship I was using. Afterwards, not so much unless you got more pins.

• Boring 3

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You are very very wrong on this one, Snarg.  A good DD player can make all the difference.  Watch some of Lightninger's vids on this Op.

So true, i've lived through UF in my Haida spotting for my team and taking out the CV solo. I'm not the greatest player in the world so if i can do it anyone can.

[PSP]
Members
6,252 posts
8,888 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

"Good" is the keyword. I've yet to see one but you are probably right. In all the games I've played, however, the DD is the first one to go. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,163 battles
52 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Lightninger does know what he's doing in the Ops, a lot more than me.

• Cool 1

[ARP3]
Members
412 posts
10,455 battles

All of the buffed ops now require clans. You can't get a decent PUG anymore these days.

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,208 battles

Played it at least half a dozen times today, in both Hood and Atlanta. Complete failure every time. I just don't get it. I would usually be able to finish it, but now it's unwinnable for me. Weird. I think it definitely could be toned down a bit.

Beta Testers
15,660 posts
3,834 battles

Just lost 7 in a row, tried even Battleships. Literally just came back to WoWS last week. Was pretty meh and I think I'ma leave again. It was an exercise in frustration where it used to be pure fun.

Beta Testers
15,660 posts
3,834 battles
2 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

8 games tonight. Won 1 with a 3 star win, the rest were losses. Topped 100k damage in almost all of them. This is retarded. It would be playable if the bots weren't laser-accurate and didn't set you on fire every single time they hit you, but they are, they do, and they focus their fire on single targets. 

Played with you tonight I know, played with a few players on the forums. I know I hit 100k+ in all but one of my games as well. Right now it just doesn't feel doable.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles
Just now, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai said:

Played with you tonight I know, played with a few players on the forums. I know I hit 100k+ in all but one of my games as well. Right now it just doesn't feel doable.

Yeah, last game. Figured I'd give Scharnhorst a try and topped 100k damage but it just didn't matter. The sad part was, I died from a citadel hit from the Alabama that spawned through the stern. Just retarded. 

Beta Testers
15,660 posts
3,834 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

Yeah, last game. Figured I'd give Scharnhorst a try and topped 100k damage but it just didn't matter. The sad part was, I died from a citadel hit from the Alabama that spawned through the stern. Just retarded. 

I generally defended the Ops but I can't now. It was so fun and an escape from the Toxicity of Randoms. No longer.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,244 posts
1,826 battles

Lost my first one using Fiji (had two DDs and no BBs, pretty much a forgone conclusion), but four stared the second one using a KGV that only had the range upgrade.  That said, we were extremely close to losing.  Only our CV was left and he was under fire with about half health.  I did 125k and sank Raptor as my contribution.

DDs are, in my experience, deadweight that has to be carried.  I know a good DD can contribute, but most DD players are not good enough.

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles

I don't play Ops anymore. They used to be fun until WG "fixed" them.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

Been working on upgrades for the Helena. Not doing great but I seem to be doing better than you guys are. Not good by any means though. We will see if I can do any better with the upgraded guns, the hull comes next. Then she will be better I think. She takes first place a lot even un-upgraded.

shot-18_07.20_01_08.49-0461.thumb.jpg.20ff7bc117f46a82bd7768418d13fbf4.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,702 battles

The division is running right now. Anyone who wants to run with us, let me know. Send me a message and join us on discord.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
44 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai said:

I generally defended the Ops but I can't now. It was so fun and an escape from the Toxicity of Randoms. No longer.

The other OPs of late aren't near as bad as this one specifically. Even humping the repair ship area is barely winnable.

However WG goes and releases Cherry Blossom op which can be rough be extremely doable as a random group, fun, rewarding and fast.

And then we go back to UF and the polish is gone replaced by bots with napalm railguns and spawns designed to make the encounter harder on top of it.

This op needs love from WG bad.

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai said:

Tomorrow I will play Cherry Blossom. Shame I only have three ships that work for it but I do want to try it.

It's a fun mission. I had quite a bit of fun grinding through my Cleveland and a good chunk of Baltimore in it. Make sure to charge at the myoko's that are shelling the marines right away. If you aren't a fan of torpedos though, take some heartburn meds before playing.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,426 posts
3,370 battles

I'm glad that I 5 star'd this thing before the whole crazy difficulty update.

Aren't Operations suppose to get a hard difficulty mode in future? If WG is calling what we have now for Ultimate Frontier as the normal difficulty mode... then I can't imagine what the intended hard mode would be... yikes.

Sign in to follow this