You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

One of my favourite TV shows ever is getting one last hurrah and I am unbelievably hyped about it.

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
2,431 battles

I know that this has already been posted (can be found here), but I simply had to do this for myself.

Me: *incoherent squealing like a 10 year old girl*

The Clone Wars was what got me into Star Wars and remains my second favourite TV show of all time, and I was a very unhappy camper when they cancelled it. Over the years, they've gradually released bits and pieces of what was intended to happen past Season 5 (Season 6 on Netflix, the Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis arcs in their story reel form, the Son of Dathomir comic, the Dark Disciple novel, snippets of the Rise of Boba Fett and Sith Temple under Coruscant arcs), but the only evidence we've ever gotten of this, the intended series finale, was a few pages in the Star Wars: Ahsoka novel (which I loved) and a couple references in Rebels, the show that succeeded TCW (which I liked quite a bit, though TCW will always be the best). 

However now, they're finally putting together that series finale in 12 glorious episodes and I am over the f*cking moon about it. The fact that we have to wait until 2019 for our final closure is going to have me curled up in the fetal position sobbing like a maniac, but it is completely going to be worth it.

What about the rest of you? Are you excited? Amazed? Wondering just what it is I'm rambling about, to which I say "Leave now and do not come back until you've watched all 6 seasons on Netflix and realize that this is one of the greatest things Star Wars has ever put out!"? Feel free to let the rest of the forums know.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
345 posts
6,156 battles

Zahn’s Heir to the Empire is where you need to be, if good Star Wars is your thing.  Nothing other than ESB comes close.

Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
2,431 battles
1 minute ago, MikeLWX said:

Zahn’s Heir to the Empire is where you need to be, if good Star Wars is your thing.  Nothing other than ESB comes close.

I'm familiar with it. I've had the Thrawn book that's coming out in a few days preordered for over a year now. Regardless, I will always and forever love TCW.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,544 posts

I'm glad they're giving it a proper ending, the previous finale was really hollow and lack-luster

[WOLF3]
Members
6,390 posts
2,377 battles
16 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Me: *incoherent squealing like a 10 year old girl*

Me too!!  What a great show.  Appointment TV when it was on (and I had cable).

Oh, I hope we get to see more of the grown-up Ahsoka.  Surely a major badass.

Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
2,431 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, I hope we get to see more of the grown-up Ahsoka.  Surely a major badass.

Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels (the not-as-good-but-still-great successor to TCW) had plenty of grown-up Ahsoka, as did the novel by E.K. Johnston that I highly recommend to any Ahsoka fan.

Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
2,431 battles
8 hours ago, flufflyfatcat said:

Is it just going to be 12 episodes and then that's it?

Yup. The 12 episodes are going to cover the Siege of Mandalore arc, set concurrently to the events of Revenge of the Sith, that was originally meant to be the series finale.

[STW-M]
Members
2,042 posts
5,854 battles

When I check youtube and see some random fortnite video managed to surpass the trailer on "trending":

tenor.gif

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,390 posts
2,377 battles
43 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels (the not-as-good-but-still-great successor to TCW) had plenty of grown-up Ahsoka, as did the novel by E.K. Johnston that I highly recommend to any Ahsoka fan.

I wasn't even aware of it.  Thanks for the pointer.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I wasn't even aware of it.  Thanks for the pointer.

There's a reason for that.  Rebels doesn't know who it's audience is so any element from Clone Wars that ends up in Rebels tends to alienate the Clone Wars fans.

Beta Testers
109 posts
1,347 battles
On 7/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, 1Sherman said:

Yup. The 12 episodes are going to cover the Siege of Mandalore arc, set concurrently to the events of Revenge of the Sith, that was originally meant to be the series finale.

It seems like a lot of trouble to reboot a series for just 12 episodes, that's not even a full season I think. And what about the bad batch arc, the one with the crystal(?) or the one where Anakin kills admiral trench? 

Alpha Tester
5,032 posts
2,431 battles
6 hours ago, flufflyfatcat said:

It seems like a lot of trouble to reboot a series for just 12 episodes, that's not even a full season I think. And what about the bad batch arc, the one with the crystal(?) or the one where Anakin kills admiral trench? 

Those were released a few years ago as pre-animation story reels. Still definitely worth the watch, though.