F80_1

Game, Vid card crash? or other cause? Help!

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
8,902 battles

I am not an IT type!  But love to play WOWS.  Unfortunately this is plaguing my Origin System.  I work 50+hrs a week and "need" this game to get my mind off work.  I updated the drivers for the vid card (EVGA Geforce GTX770) purchased approx 4 yrs ago.  Computer runs fine until I load the game.  I can't even make it into a match.  It lasts about 3-5mins then locks up.   

TIA

signed, Clueless

23171.jpeg

Members
622 posts

I got the same msg repeatedly

this is the last problem but the rest amounted to updating every last driver I had. Not just windows. 

Then this:

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

What kind of system do you have @F80_1

Would like to know the following:

Operating system, Memory, CPU, if you have a HDD or SDD and how large it/they are, if possible your motherboard make/model (if not, no worries).

Also, would like to know what other programs are running in the background.

Just going to try to see if it's possible to get an update somewhere. However, if you are absolutely positive that your CPU chipset is up to date, that your version of Windows is up to date and there are no failed downloads/installations (you can see this in the Update and Security area), then let's look at checking your memory and your HDD or SDD for errors.

For your memory, just access the search bar, either click start or it's on the bottom left corner of the screen and type 

mdsched.exe 

The option to restart now or later will appear. Go ahead and choose whichever you prefer. Upon restarting, the test will pop up and ask how many passes you'd like to perform and if I recall correctly the default is 2, if not 2 should be ok as . Just leave it at that and let it go, it will take some time.

After that is done and "if" your PC hasn't crashed or the report doesn't show memory issues, your good. Now go to your file explorer, right click your primary drive that you have your OS and WoWs installed on (I assume they are the same, if not, repeat this on both drives). Now click "Tools" and then click "Check" (this will check your drive for errors), don't worry, this shouldn't take as long as the memory check.

if everything is good there, open up your client of WoWs. On the top right hand corner you will see "Settings", go there, then click "Update" and finally click "Check". This is an integrity check of the client. While there, if you want, you can click "Add" to ensure your firewall has enabled the game and launcher to it's allowable program list.

At this point, if the game is still locking up and freezing, it is up to you if you want to uninstall and reinstall a fresh client or not before the next step which is contacting Customer Support via a ticket. I'll leave that up to you.

Ok, either you've uninstalled and reinstalled or not, but the game is still acting up. Before you contact Customer Support, go to your Windows search bar and type dxdiag, click either yes or the little box asking if you want to make sure the drivers have digital signatures.Click "save all information" and save this in a convenient location that you will remember (don't worry, no personal information about you or your computer is in this report. To boiler point this, this is a system error report that you can/will send in with your ticket to help speed up the process).

Now, when filling your ticket, be sure to fully describe your problem, but also be sure to state everything that you did, ie: ensured you updated your driver's (on everything), performed the memory/drive error check, client integrity check, "everything". Submit the screenshot you have here and upload the dxdiag and don't forget to tell them your full system specs (Operating System, CPU, GPU, memory - type and amount, etc. Pretty much what I asked in the beginning).

They may ask you to perform some of the tasks again, like uninstalling your GPU driver, but doing so with a program they recommend to ensure it's clean and then reinstalling it. However, walking through everything I said, believe it or not, if none of those work, will speed up a lot of back and forth conversation with the CS Dept. and help them narrow down the issue.

Hope this made sense and helps. If you need help tracking down any of the drivers from the actual company (I don't like 3rd party installs), let me know and I can help you with those.

gl o7

Edit: Forgot some info

Edited by BURN_Miner

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
530 posts
8,560 battles
9 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

You guys ever heard of event viewer?

Sheeesh.

Or a screenshot?

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
3 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

You guys ever heard of event viewer?

Sheeesh.

lol yup, sadly the "event id's" aren't as helpful as most would like due to not explaining what the event actually is, but yes, I've heard of them.

Beta Testers
3 posts
8,902 battles

BURN_Miner I'd like to send you some gold for your time and patience.  I ended up buying a new vid card and no more issues.  Please post a reply and I'll follow through.  I've very little time to research and the fact you took the time to post and try to help out means a lot.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
13 minutes ago, F80_1 said:

BURN_Miner I'd like to send you some gold for your time and patience.  I ended up buying a new vid card and no more issues.  Please post a reply and I'll follow through.  I've very little time to research and the fact you took the time to post and try to help out means a lot.

Got your in game message and came here. I am glad that everything got fixed for you, but sorry to hear that you had to buy a new GPU.

With regards to buying me anything, while I truly appreciate the sentiment, there is no need. I am just glad to see that you got back on the high sea's and back to sinking ships.

o7 Sir!

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles

I have had a number of game crash issues some were caused by after an update not enough space,

seetings on game set to high causing sever game lag

other programs running in background or auto update

the oddest one was load into game and a few seconds later ... crash, turned out to be bad power bar 

move an older 8 year old computer I loaded the game onto and it will not play the game