Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Fastest AA Defense Expert Ever

11 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,056 battles

In the Hood

ffa.thumb.jpg.f647ab23fa497dfb9bc1ab175013c025.jpg!

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles

Guess ‘dem rockets worked, instead of just blowing up Jack Tars.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In the Hood

ffa.thumb.jpg.f647ab23fa497dfb9bc1ab175013c025.jpg!

I think the advantage Hood has as AA Bait is that she's played so little, there will be a bunch of CV players that don't know exactly what they're in for.  Many will not know where the strengths and weaknesses are of Hood's AA and how to work around it.

When Lyon first came out, I had all kinds of CVs coming after me.  What better way to welcome a new BB than nuking it with airstrikes, right?  Except my Lyon was AA Spec and shredded lots of planes for little damage against me.  Now her AA reputation is out there more, so it's harder to come by, which is fine by me.  The CVs are going after Scharnhorst, Nagato, Tirpitz, Amagi, etc. instead :Smile_teethhappy:

Below is one of my AA BBs during a CV match:

Spoiler

kitten_field_jump.jpeg

Not a care in the world, at least from air attacks.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NDA]
Supertester
3,279 posts
5,852 battles

It's kinda funny cause the rockets were pretty damn useless in real life, at least this version of them anyway. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Wow...that CV wanted you bad for some reason... AA is one of her "gimicks" so it seems strange for one to go after you...  "Fire the rockets! God save the Queen!" :cap_rambo:

Beta Testers
165 posts
6,526 battles
5 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

It's kinda funny cause the rockets were pretty damn useless in real life, at least this version of them anyway. 

More than useless, they were in fact actively detrimental to Hood because the wires drifted back and got tangled in her superstructure with any unexpected wind - not too terrible with practice rounds, but can you imagine if it was live ammunition?

Hood being selected as the super special battleship with DFAA really was hilariously absurd.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,285 posts
4,243 battles
37 minutes ago, NozTheWhiteDawn said:

More than useless, they were in fact actively detrimental to Hood because the wires drifted back and got tangled in her superstructure with any unexpected wind - not too terrible with practice rounds, but can you imagine if it was live ammunition?

Hood being selected as the super special battleship with DFAA really was hilariously absurd.

There are a lot of other weapon systems that work out much better in this game than real life, too - Minotaur's turrets, for example; IRL they were notoriously unreliable, as were the quad turrets of the KGVs.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,056 battles
3 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

This is your AA spec'd captain, right Soshi?

Yes...same one I run on the Queen.  

The QE is still a better AA ship because it reaches with punch out to 7.2km.  The Hood has reach too when air spec'd...just not the same punch at range.  Those rockets are insane, but only work close in when the CV is going to get something on you.  And as others have noted, if the CV player knows how to play, they can make those rockets much less effective.  This CV captain just wanted me really really bad.

And it worked out too.  The game came down to the wire...and the deciding end game factor after all was said and done....our CV had planes left...their's didn't.  I didn't do much damage, and died early.  We had some good players on our team that played the long attrition game very well...as did the reds.  Stalemate until the end.  And those few extra air strikes from our CV (without return in kind from their CV) tipped the balance.   

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this