You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

So this happened last night...(maybe not...could be false alarm)

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles

(Edit...somebody pointed out below that the T7 thought to be undivved here does have a clanmate (actually 2) in the battle & is probably divved but the div is just not showing...makes more sense than the odds of a sync drop w/a T7 in a T10 match sync dropping w/not just 1 but 2 different clanmates).

Red team div failed so MM thought it was necessary to throw a T7 undivved Colorado onto our T10 team...

shot-18_07.19_03_41.33-0766.thumb.jpg.b3d8ed6b62069c1416a2f516758c46aa.jpg

...gotta give props though...he took 4th on the team & even though he didn't charge the higher tiers he wasn't hugging any edges of the map & was duking it out w/anything that got in his way...& he survived to the end (my bad...he actually died towards the end...forgot about that) on a win (sorry...forgot to screen shot final results so you only have my word on it).

Edit: Here's the replay (& he definitely did not start out in a div & just leave it-to answer a later question):

20180719_033855_PASD013-Gearing-1945_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles

.... Huh. I thought this was not possible. Weird. Thanks for posting.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

It's not impossible to happen. I've had Wyoming's be in the sights of my Torpedo Bombers from Ryujo. I prefer to uptier so I would not care.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I suppose no chance that the Colorado also fail divd and just left the division before the screen shot?

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
51 minutes ago, Lert said:

NP...I didn't even notice myself until somebody mentioned it in chat...then I snapped the screenshot just in time...things got very intense as soon as I rounded that island...ended up about 3km (actually 4km) from their Gearing seconds later w/the same backup on his side as I had on mine. (actually there wasn't as many ships on his team over there).

41 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

It's not impossible to happen. I've had Wyoming's be in the sights of my Torpedo Bombers from Ryujo. I prefer to uptier so I would not care.

Forget exact wording but I asked him what he did to anger(<---actual wording edited there) MM & his reply was along the lines of...I'm just that good I'm just the bomb was his actual reply)...he didn't seem upset about it...guess he figured the XP potential was in his favor from the beginning.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
40 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I suppose no chance that the Colorado also fail divd and just left the division before the screen shot?

I wasn't actually paying attention to that at the start but from the chat people were like "what is the Colorado doing in this match?" (& similar comments) so I don't believe so...I'm gonna check the replay & I'll upload it here (or in OP...or both) when I'm done...curious myself as I hadn't considered that.

Edit: Nope...he was solo from start...just put replay in OP...already closed it up & don't wanna go fishing for it again.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

NP...I didn't even notice myself until somebody mentioned it in chat...then I snapped the screenshot just in time...things got very intense as soon as I rounded that island...ended up about 3km from their Gearing seconds later w/the same backup on his side as I had on mine.

Forget exact wording but I asked him what he did to anger(<---actual wording edited there) MM & his reply was along the lines of...I'm just that good...he didn't seem upset about it...guess he figured the XP potential was in his favor from the beginning.

• ARP Haruna has a good time
  • Fubuki has a good time
  • Ryujo has a good time
  • Nagato might have a good time
  • Richelieu has a good time
  • Asashio has a good time
  • HSF Harekaze might have a good time
  • Iowa hates being in Top Tier (different tactics (passive tactics))
  • Shimakaze is Top Tier

[STW-M]
Members
2,064 posts
5,874 battles

Well, it's not exactly unprecedented, but sometimes MM just really has it out for someone.

Cm-iXaxKfZmGnrM9G-f9RPzerxgOmz6K_4_I69EY

hbO_P5pWW4HL57jcxIuPfZ83sIg9sDtW8Sx2H-Zm

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,849 posts
4,737 battles

I miss the days where the Scharn could uptier to 10....

[ZR]
Members
960 posts
11,286 battles

This is a common bug right now where the division isn't shown, but he is in a div.
He div'd withe the Kagero and it took him into a tier 8 game.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,642 battles
8 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

This is a common bug right now where the division isn't shown, but he is in a div.

^This.  I've been in a div before where for some reason we didn't show up as a div in game.

Members
9,974 posts

Are people sure this isn't a side effect of the new MM? Look at the divisioned tier 7 on the other team. Looks to me like MM matched up a tier 7 with a tier 7.

Betting it's a feature, not a bug. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
7 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Didn't even notice that him the Kagero & the Amagi are all in the same clan...guess you might be right there...funny none of them mentioned it when the subject came up in chat. Could have just been a sync drop but you're explanation is making more sense...could see the Kagero & Amagi getting synced together but the T7 at the same time is a stretch now that you pointed that possibility out.

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
16 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Didn't even notice that him the Kagero & the Amagi are all in the same clan...guess you might be right there...funny none of them mentioned it when the subject came up in chat. Could have just been a sync drop but you're explanation is making more sense...could see the Kagero & Amagi getting synced together but the T7 at the same time is a stretch now that you pointed that possibility out.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

52 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Think the mystery is solved...just thought I'd bring it to your attentions.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RUSHB]
Members
91 posts
8,421 battles

too lazy to read whole thing before posting and ended up posting what everyone else has already figured out, reee

Edited by RedRushian
  • Cool 1

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
12 hours ago, RedRushian said:

too lazy to read whole thing before posting and ended up posting what everyone else has already figured out, reee

What? No...how could they have commented on the situation if I hadn't posted it 1st...or as you worded it...how could there have been anything for me to be too lazy to read? Your statement makes no sense...you obviously missed the part at the top about "somebody pointed out" being an edit made after the fact.

[INTEL]
Members
8,585 posts
25,712 battles
On 7/19/2018 at 2:33 PM, MountainManxDan said:

Yeah, I've been noticing that bug. Tracking divisions in my latest dataset, but many many battles, even when the server is crowded, appear to have no divisions, way less than usual.

[RUSHB]
Members
91 posts
8,421 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

What? No...how could they have commented on the situation if I hadn't posted it 1st...or as you worded it...how could there have been anything for me to be too lazy to read? Your statement makes no sense...you obviously missed the part at the top about "somebody pointed out" being an edit made after the fact.

ok [edited], I read just the original post, formed an opinion that the two guys from same clan had divved and undivved, and posted a reply from the first page without scrolling to see if anyone else said the same thing.  When posting it, it dragged me to the end and i saw that the guy immediately above it had just referenced someone already stating the same thing i did, so i edited my post to laugh at my laziness instead of repeating other people.  Don't like it? Deal with it

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,844 posts
13,062 battles

Although I've never seen MM bring a solo player up form a lower tier bracket (a 4 delta), I do regularly see MM match the fail ship in a fail division with a solo player within the tier bracket.  

For example, take a Fail T8 division (Two T8s and one T7s).  In the old MM days, the MM treated all three as T8s for MM purposes.  Lately, I've seen MM match a solo T7 to the fail T7...provided it is a T9 or lower match.  Sometimes, I even wonder if divisions do this intentionally since (all else being equal) a failed ship in a fail division will outperform the solo player matched to the fail ship. 

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

provided it is a T9 or lower match.

^^^this I have seen quite often...it being a T10 match was the confusing part & the reason I felt it worth posting...but I didn't look to see if there was a possibility of a div that just didn't render which is probably the case here even though when I communicated w/the player in the match he didn't clarify but took the "I'm just the bomb" response & that further through me off on the subject until the "probably obvious" was pointed out to me after posting.

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles

Sorry...even though there was no actual quote from anything I had submitted in your post...

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, RedRushian said:

I got a notification...

"RedRushian quoted you in a topic: So this happened last night...(maybe not...could be false alarm)
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
"

saying you had quoted me so I thought this was directed at me instead of yourself...I never would have taken it personal if I hadn't gotten the notification (& as you never actually quoted me I'm not sure how/why I got the notification) but sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos