Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Video Editing Help

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

With a question about video editing.  So with what I'm using the software is lightworks.  What I'm trying to figure out how to do exactly is because this is basically the free version I'm using not the paid.  I want to run a test and see how I can put an image say in the top right hand corner of the screen of the video.  For example if I get a kill I could say boom or something like that.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it in there and have it last for say 2 seconds.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  I'm still learning yes I'm getting a bit better but its progressing slowly.  The example edit is of the detonation video I did the other day.

LW.PNG

• Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I just record from the Team List to the Post Stats with OBS. If I wanted to, I could place a transparent image to anywhere on the screen if I wanted to. No clue how to use Lightworks.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I just record from the Team List to the Post Stats with OBS. If I wanted to, I could place a transparent image to anywhere on the screen if I wanted to. No clue how to use Lightworks.

Lightworks is actually free and its a full editor too.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
8 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Lightworks is actually free and its a full editor too.

I don't edit. I just post battles.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,852 posts
4,744 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Should be in the offtopic forum...

I see why he posted this here, how many community contributors actually check there?

• Bad 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Can't help you much on Lightworks sadly.  I downloaded it and tried to use it for my videos but found the whole layout kind of confusing.  But I might not be the best person to talk to about it.  I use a free one called VSDC and the major complaint about that one is the layout being confusing but I find it more intuitive then the Lightworks layout :/ 

If I remember the lightworks layout however you'd add the image as a new file, then you would set it's source duration for however long you want it on screen.  Drag it over the main video file, position it where you'd like it to appear and then if you right click and adjust the layer (move to front if it's not visible) it should pop up.  (I'm going off of vague memory though so might be confusing it with another program style layout)

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I got it figured out thanks anyway guys.  Just took a bit more research with the program to figure it out.  Disregard the post.

Sign in to follow this