You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GFMDesertFox

Clan Suggestions

7 comments in this topic

[TORND]
Members
12 posts
749 battles

I just started playing this year an was wanting to know some suggestions for a clan to join. I typically play DD but, I also occasionally play BB and CA's. I am about average player and not looking for something too fast paced (kinda laid back but, with good teamwork). I am getting tired of these random battle potatoes where there is not communication or common goal. Thanks! 

• Cool 1

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
179 posts
7,551 battles

Go To...   

https://navygamingamerica.enjin.com  

Fill out an application & we'll hook you up.

[TeamSpeak is NGA's Communication Link]
                                                 (18 yrs. old preferred / Maturity a must)

• Cool 1

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,525 battles

I would like to quote GFMDesertFox  if I may as I am from South Carolina as well. I was just invited to join 2Shady4u  and got a notice there was a Clan Battle tonight at 730pm.

I never got any info about how to join in the session, so I went to the clan battles near the Port tab when the battles started and could not get into the action.

When I sent a message to two of the top members with high battle credentials, I never got an answer back.  I'm a good Commander of my ships at Tier V with over 1000 battles and I am

on-line playing every night.  I am a Vietnam Vet who has a lot of time on my hands and would love to have a bunch of hard fighting comrades who think alike and want to have a good time.

Clan Battles every night would suit me fine.  As you can see, DesertFox and I have the same Patch.  I would also like to say the TeamSpeak is also my on-line connector.

Someone send me a note and tell me you are looking for two guys who really want to play.

The Colonel :cap_cool:

Edited by Col_Calibre

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,525 battles

I would also like to know how to leave a clan for another one.  I've tried many typical ways that I would know but none of them work on WoWs.

Thanks for the help.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
247 posts
4,319 battles
58 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

I would also like to know how to leave a clan for another one.  I've tried many typical ways that I would know but none of them work on WoWs.

Thanks for the help.

you'll need to do so in-game; go to your clan tab, click the arrow to right of clan's name, leave clan is in the drop down menu

FphFTid.jpg

[WOLF7]
Beta Testers
109 posts
1,366 battles

@GFMDesertFox & Col_Calibre

Hopefully Bear_82's answer shows the UI widget that pops up the menu with the "Leave Clan" option. If you're still having trouble, see the official Wargaming.net answer here:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19068/

As for finding a clan, I suggest the following:

(a) RESEARCH what you can from their recruiting thread at ( https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/173-clan-recruitment/ ), their clan website (if any), and the stats and membership of the clan as shown in-game (available within the "clan" tab). You can see the basic stats of each player, average for the entire clan, and how recently they've played. Ideally, you want a clan whose active members have stats similar to your own. Investigate requirements, and any background material you can find on the clan website. You may want to look more closely at the stats of the clan officer(s) who share your gaming time. The Warships Today site allows you to divide up player stats by different time periods in their gaming history, which is very helpful.

(2) OFFICER GAMING TIME: Make sure your gaming time matches up someone in the clan's leadership. If the leadership doesn't know you personally, you quickly become a nobody to them.

(3) AURAL AUDIT: Listen in on the clan chat (Teamspeak or Discord, depending on the clan), especially chat during and after a Division playing in random, or a team playing in CW Battle. What slang they use, how they treat each other, and what assumptions they make are very revealing.

(4) DO INTERVIEWS: Don't join a clan unless they ask for an interview. If they don't care enough about a member to invest 30-60 minutes in an interview, why should you care about them? The interview is also an ideal opportunity for you ask things - so come prepared with a short list of questions.

(5) TRUST YOUR GUT: If sometime doesn't feel "right" about the clan or its people, don't be afraid to decline politely, while leaving the door open for a possible return in the future.

(6) BE POLITE: If you join and later leave, avoid any public slamming of your former clan and/or its officers. Or if you must, talk about the event which precipitated the departure without mentioning the clan or names of its people. A prospective new clan might be nervous about you joining, then having a falling out and slamming them in public.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,322 posts
10,704 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 12:59 AM, Yasha said:

@GFMDesertFox & Col_Calibre

Hopefully Bear_82's answer shows the UI widget that pops up the menu with the "Leave Clan" option. If you're still having trouble, see the official Wargaming.net answer here:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19068/

As for finding a clan, I suggest the following:

(a) RESEARCH what you can from their recruiting thread at ( https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/173-clan-recruitment/ ), their clan website (if any), and the stats and membership of the clan as shown in-game (available within the "clan" tab). You can see the basic stats of each player, average for the entire clan, and how recently they've played. Ideally, you want a clan whose active members have stats similar to your own. Investigate requirements, and any background material you can find on the clan website. You may want to look more closely at the stats of the clan officer(s) who share your gaming time. The Warships Today site allows you to divide up player stats by different time periods in their gaming history, which is very helpful.

(2) OFFICER GAMING TIME: Make sure your gaming time matches up someone in the clan's leadership. If the leadership doesn't know you personally, you quickly become a nobody to them.

(3) AURAL AUDIT: Listen in on the clan chat (Teamspeak or Discord, depending on the clan), especially chat during and after a Division playing in random, or a team playing in CW Battle. What slang they use, how they treat each other, and what assumptions they make are very revealing.

(4) DO INTERVIEWS: Don't join a clan unless they ask for an interview. If they don't care enough about a member to invest 30-60 minutes in an interview, why should you care about them? The interview is also an ideal opportunity for you ask things - so come prepared with a short list of questions.

(5) TRUST YOUR GUT: If sometime doesn't feel "right" about the clan or its people, don't be afraid to decline politely, while leaving the door open for a possible return in the future.

(6) BE POLITE: If you join and later leave, avoid any public slamming of your former clan and/or its officers. Or if you must, talk about the event which precipitated the departure without mentioning the clan or names of its people. A prospective new clan might be nervous about you joining, then having a falling out and slamming them in public.

Very good answer.... these are excellent suggestions.

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png