You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

How Will NDJ / USS Boise be separated from each other?

20 comments in this topic

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

So we already know that the ship will be released in both the original American and the Argentinian version, but how will it work out? Will they be clones of each other, or will there be differences? Will USS Boise get a plane that NDJ doesn't? Because I'm pretty sure that it had a float plane during the war. What about other stats such as maneuverability, speed, and reload? 

Also, any idea on the release date of the ship?

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Bad 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

We don't know, and those that do, won't tell...

Pure speculation at this point.

Edited by _Rumple_

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles

Is there even any reason for them to be different beyond which nation's captains they can carry?

• Cool 1

Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles

Aside from WG stating so, there isn't any trace of Boise.

If WG care to be historically accurate, Boise would regain her catapults, for a 1945 condition Boise, since these catapults were removed just before the sale to Argentina. Using a camouflage that Boise actually wore instead of one pinched from Nashville would also be desirable. This would contradict the pure clone statement by WG though. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles

A similar situation exists with the Omaha, Marblehead and, Murmansk.  More dramatic is Leander and Perth.  Also Benson and LoYang

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

A similar situation exists with the Omaha, Marblehead and, Murmansk.  More dramatic is Leander and Perth.  Also Benson and LoYang

Counterpoint: Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen

Kamikaze and Fujin

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Kamikaze and Fujin

Oops, forgot those and the Hipper/Eugen has been on my mind lately because I just ground to the Roon.  I actually prefer the PE , but had to play Hipper to get to Hindy.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
1 hour ago, Trainspite said:

Aside from WG stating so, there isn't any trace of Boise.

If WG care to be historically accurate, Boise would regain her catapults, for a 1945 condition Boise, since these catapults were removed just before the sale to Argentina. Using a camouflage that Boise actually wore instead of one pinched from Nashville would also be desirable. This would contradict the pure clone statement by WG though. 

That ship already exists in basic gameplay form.  Helena with catapult aircraft.  I don't think WG is going to give self-repairing Boise / NdJ with their own means on spotting for themselves on top of it.

Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
47 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Kamikaze and Fujin

All of the above are slight in differences, Kamikaze, Fujin, Kami R are what I would consider true clones. Alabama and Squidbama and Graf Spee and HSF Graf Spee are the others I can think of right now. Hopefully Boise or any USN Brooklyn class premium would have some differences and not be a complete clone.

7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That ship already exists in basic gameplay form.  Helena with catapult aircraft.  I don't think WG is going to give self-repairing Boise / NdJ with their own means on spotting for themselves on top of it.

Sort of. Helena and NdJ have some noticeable differences, at least to me. If Boise appears, I doubt it will be a complete clone, so if the catapult is added as it should be, then the HP repair can be stripped or toned back among other changes I would prefer.

Mind you, I would still replace Helena with Brooklyn, and avoid this situation, by having a T8 premium Helena but WG apparently couldn't factor that one in. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

There are unlikely to be any changes to differentiate them. If anything, both will just get buffs (Boise just before being released), after 2-3 months of data from Nueve's performance. Realistically, I assume the buffs would be:

• +1 km main gun range
  • +1 kt of speed
  • -1s off the main gun reload
  • Maybe toss in Atlanta's Radar, just to round them out in terms of utility

So both would play the same. The USN players get their CL trainer that they were throwing a fit over, while at the same time being very similar to Atlanta and Indianapolis, the PanAm "nation" gets its first Premium captain trainer and a head-start on Captain training for a future PanAm line, and WG makes profit off both groups.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
34 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

There are unlikely to be any changes to differentiate them. If anything, both will just get buffs (Boise just before being released), after 2-3 months of data from Nueve's performance. Realistically, I assume the buffs would be:

• +1 km main gun range
  • +1 kt of speed

So both would play the same. The USN players get their CL trainer that they were throwing a fit over, while at the same time being very similar to Atlanta and Indianapolis, the PanAm "nation" gets its first Premium captain trainer and a head-start on Captain training for a future PanAm line, and WG makes profit off both groups.

I doubt Boise will transform into that, as it makes her a clearly superior choice to Helena.  Not to mention they drifted away from Radar Boise, which was her original version being tested.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,118 posts
3,583 battles

supposed to be clones. it is after all exactly the same ship.

Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,388 battles

absolutely clones,this is not haida x cossack i think,both are the same ship.

[ICE9]
Members
815 posts
34 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

supposed to be clones. it is after all exactly the same ship.

Not quite. Prior to sale Boise had her catapults removed and the latest gun director radar installed during the 1951 refit when they took her out of mothballs.

My understanding is NJD and Boise will be identical as of latest WG info, but a small difference to reflect the above could easily be implemented. Boise gets spotter/fighter, NJD gets a bit better sigma.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles
39 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Not quite. Prior to sale Boise had her catapults removed and the latest gun director radar installed during the 1951 refit when they took her out of mothballs.

My understanding is NJD and Boise will be identical as of latest WG info, but a small difference to reflect the above could easily be implemented. Boise gets spotter/fighter, NJD gets a bit better sigma.

It already gets light cruiser sigma with 15 guns. I think something different than that. I do agree with the premise.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I doubt Boise will transform into that, as it makes her a clearly superior choice to Helena.  Not to mention they drifted away from Radar Boise, which was her original version being tested.

The Radar component? Maybe not, if it shares the slot with Repair Party. If it's separate? Then yeah, it would be a better choice (I forgot for a moment that NuBoi has RP).

With the +1/-1 changes alone, Helena will:

• still be about 1kt faster
  • still have an 8.5s main gun reload vs 9s main gun reload of Nueve/Boise
  • still have slightly more range over Nueve/Boise

The main thing though is that Helena has the DPM and a bit more speed and range to work with; NuBoi would not. WG could omit the 1s reduction of reload so that it's still 10s, but do the rest and test Atlanta Radar as a shared consumable with Repair Party (choosing one or the other before battle).

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

How about just a national Flag? It is after all the same steel.

Or perhaps Camo or Hull as they've done before?   PS   And will the Boise  still have the heal or will they switch it out for something else/

Edited by shadowsrmine

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,746 battles
2 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

• +1 km main gun range
  • +1 kt of speed

These buffs are laughably OP.

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,435 battles

Roma got a beer can.  The Boise will get a giant potato.  They are famous after all.

IDplate-2.jpg