You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Can we do something about Cancerqueror

83 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
189 posts
7,461 battles

I think I speak for a lot of people in describing it as one of, if not the most hated ship in the game.

I honestly hate the whole British BB line and think WG really screwed that line up with this idiotic HE spam focus.

Ideally I would like Cancerqueror just removed from game entirely but that won't happen, so I have on suggestion how how to make this ship less frustrating and brain dead. 

Remove the 419s, easy, simple, and fixes the most annoying thing about this ship.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 13

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
1 minute ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

I think I speak for a lot of people in describing it as one of, if not the most hated ship in the game.

I honestly hate the whole British BB line and think WG really screwed that line up with this idiotic HE spam focus.

Ideally I would like Cancerqueror just removed from game entirely but that won't happen, so I have on suggestion how how to make this ship less frustrating and brain dead. 

Remove the 419s, easy, simple, and fixes the most annoying thing about this ship.

It's already been nerfed and if it gets focused it dies to pens easy.

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles

sure, let's remove it along with khabarovsk , shimakaze, fletcher, gearing, yueyang, chungmu, zao , hindenburg, henri IV, des moines and kutuzov

this way no more bb will get hurt

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

Removing the 419s wouldn’t do squat considering the bigger guns are just as cancerous/fun.

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
8 posts
4,399 battles

Dont take my conqs 419s. It makes it easy to get Arsonists on demand and can potentially be a quest helper :O 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,218 battles

The worst thing about the Conq's HE shells is that they have no real weakness. They have 1/4 HE pen because reasons, absurd fire chance, and high alpha. All of these form a perfect triangle of traits that leaves the HE absurdly powerful. IMO to properly balance Conq, take away one of these. Nerf its fire chance to the dust, stomp the alpha into the ground, or take away its 1/4 HE pen

• Cool 4

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles
1 minute ago, BunnyDestroyerShimakaze said:

or take away its 1/4 HE pen

419/6=69.833333

419/4=104.75

i dont think there's that many armour between these 2 values..

yamato deck midsection is something like 57mm iirc

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,195 posts
4,986 battles

They should have made the whole line more like Warspite. QE is as close as it gets, and it still has the braindead HE.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,218 battles
1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

419/6=69.833333

419/4=104.75

yamato deck midsection is something like 57mm iirc

Its just a nerf to its HE pen that I thought off off the top of my head. 1/7 or even 1/8 HE pen would be interesting to see and IMO best but I doubt thatll ever happen so Im not holding my breath on that

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles
26 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

hindenburg

Hindenburg eats BBs, except for one... Republique...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,816 posts
10,379 battles
44 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

The main victims of Conqueror's 1/4 HE penetration are the Minotaur, Neptune, Seattle, Donskoi and Chapayev which can all be citadelled by her HE because of it.

The problem is IMO more significant at lower tiers, where lots of the cruisers have <100mm belts, or 76mm belts in particular.

Edit. Seattle too

Edited by mofton

Members
3,814 posts
14,142 battles
58 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

I agree! HE spamming is the domain of CRUISERS! How dare WG intrude BBs into OUR specialty!  :cap_viking:

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

sure, let's remove it along with khabarovsk , shimakaze, fletcher, gearing, yueyang, chungmu, zao , hindenburg, henri IV, des moines and kutuzov

you forgot minotaur and haku (

[90THS]
Members
125 posts
618 battles

You can, I dunno. Get better and find ways to deal with it? 

Edited by DynDueMuffin

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

Except that's not really an apt comparison and I mean that from the point of view of a player of Conq and player who faces Conq. (and all the ships you compare it to)

Conqueror is an unpleasant concoction of gimmicky extremes and outliers all for the sake of socalled national flavors. A more all around normalized version of Conqueror could be better overall.

Edited by lemekillmister

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,202 battles

Conqueror is an easy ship to kill.  Her HE packs a mean punch, but it's not really that much different than the damage any other BB at her tier can do just by using AP.  The fires can be annoying, but if you're playing anything with repair party then you can heal back 100% of that damage.  The super heal recovers a lot of health, sure, but it has an insanely long cooldown to the point where the ship can be killed very quickly before it's ready again.  Focus fire takes out the Conqueror very quickly, as long as your team is properly positioned.

She's a ship that really takes advantage of any mistakes that the enemy team makes, but is very easy to punish if she makes any mistakes of her own.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

There’s nothing wrong with Conqueror.  I never have problems dealing with her.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

It has so many problems....

Uber stealth (WHY?) 

Uber health (why why why? This is ludicrous.) 

Amazing pen, alpha and fire chance on HE

relative mobility. 

No CITADEL? 

Like. really. what is wrong with this ship

[ARGSY]
Members
6,366 posts
4,293 battles
1 hour ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Oh look, another THIS SHIP SANK ME, IT MUST BE NERFED!!! post. 

:fish_sleep:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[TSFR]
Members
15 posts
6,195 battles

Everyone keeps saying its an easy kill if you focus fire.. tell me what ship is NOT easy to kill if your focus fire.   Add to that a stupid large heal and a citadel that is next to impossible to reach.  HE that can take off 15-20K damage AND start 1-3 fires, then do it again 30 sec later.  Oh did we mention is has one of the best BB concealment in the game too?  It quite literally had no weakness (AA don't count).

She is full of stupid OP gimmicks that makes her a pain in the [edited]to fight.  Maybe a DD can snipe her with torps 1v1, but not w/ out giving ground (caps) to try it.  No other ship can fight her 1v1 w/ similar player / captain skills.  That is a problem.

[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
470 posts
11,976 battles

I love the Conq and I know how to reasonably play her well.