You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

XP of Kitakaze?

27 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles

Probably right around that number, though I've only earned one Tier IX destroyer, so I'm not a tremendous authority on the matter.

-R

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I have 163 K xp on akizuki and I want to sell it.

BTW Akizuki is a historically important class of ships.

The Yugumo is 154,000 XP. 

Of course the old T6 Cleveland was 36,500 XP and the new T6 Dallas was 43,000 XP. 

You might want to get as much as 175-180k based on the T6 CA to T6 CL difference. Of course the Kagero and the Akizuki are both 115k XP, so who knows?

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Only 163K really?  I've got 600K lol and the amount is growing steadily.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I have over 3 million on the Aki so I'm set.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
59 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Don't sell the Aki...good boat

This^^

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Yugumo is 154,000 XP. 

@Kizarvexis, how much are the upgrades? Yugumo isn't quite as good stock as she is upgraded, and neither are most of the other tier 9s. Op should keep grinding out that free XP for upgrading the next ship in the line when ever she comes out. My opinion.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

It's getting nerfed and the 9-10 are straight up better versions there is zero reason to keep it.

Members
4,841 posts
5,608 battles

It will probably be somewhere between 150k a and 190k exp.

I have enough myself since I'm sitting on 220k exp on Akizuki.

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

@Kizarvexis, how much are the upgrades? Yugumo isn't quite as good stock as she is upgraded, and neither are most of the other tier 9s. Op should keep grinding out that free XP for upgrading the next ship in the line when ever she comes out. My opinion.

Well, the XP you grind on Akizuki won't count for upgrading Kitakaze. FXP will, yes.

In any case, Yugumo is 26k XP for the B hull. The Type 93 mod 3 and the Type F3 torps  are 30k XP each. The range upgrade is 14k XP.

Kitakaxze's base XP to research the ship is not listed in the wiki. The upgrade XP amounts are listed in the wiki, but this is a Work In Progress, so take these with a grain of salt. The B hull is 26k XP. The type F3 and Type 93 mod 3 torps are 30k XP each. The range upgrade is 14k XP. 

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
8 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

It's getting nerfed and the 9-10 are straight up better versions there is zero reason to keep it.

There is testing for having the Akizuki 100mm guns getting a 1/4 HE pen calculation, which means IFHE is as mandatory as before. So, that is not a nerf.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Kitakaxze's base XP to research the ship is not listed in the wiki. The upgrade XP amounts are listed in the wiki, but this is a Work In Progress, so take these with a grain of salt. The B hull is 26k XP. The type F3 and Type 93 mod 3 torps are 30k XP each. The range upgrade is 14k XP. 

That adds up to 100 K free XP Op could / should grind out for his next ship; keep that Akizuki brother!

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That adds up to 100 K free XP Op could / should grind out for his next ship; keep that Akizuki brother!

I don't know how much FXP the OP has, but my reading of his OP post below was that he had 163k XP on Akizuki in elite ship XP that will be turned loose when Kitakaze is added. I wouldn't sell the ship either, especially since they are testing buffing the 100mm guns to have 1/4 HE pen.

2 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Dang dude, over 1000 battles? That's impressive!

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Dang dude, over 1000 battles? That's impressive!

Most Impressive. :Smile_honoring:

I have 3.7M on 184 ships, so wow. I have 244k on Arizona from the ARP grind and my highest tech tree is 158k on Des Moines.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,042 posts
3,588 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

Only 163K really?  I've got 600K lol and the amount is growing steadily.

Gotta bump that number up, that is a rookie number. I have over 1 million on her, which is still no where near the 3 million that @CriMiNaL__ mentioned. Though if I didn't have the Harekaze, that number would likely be much higher.

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles
2 hours ago, TexJapan said:

Most people that are selling Aki, like myself, have no choice because of the credits. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
6 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Most people that are selling Aki, like myself, have no choice because of the credits. 

I'm not selling Aki, only because I could easily hop in my Missouri and go grind the credits.  No big deal.  Plus I own the perma camo for Aki so I'm not planning on selling it I think it will be my go to ship for ranked next season.  If I go into ranked.  I didn't bother this season.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles
41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There is testing for having the Akizuki 100mm guns getting a 1/4 HE pen calculation, which means IFHE is as mandatory as before. So, that is not a nerf.

Testing also has Akizuki's maneuverability nerfed to cruiser level turning. Concealment too, but that isn't a dealbreaker on a gunship. It's the maneuverability that is a definite nerf. The 100mm gun buff is great though.

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

Testing also has Akizuki's maneuverability nerfed to cruiser level turning. Concealment too, but that isn't a dealbreaker on a gunship. It's the maneuverability that is a definite nerf. The 100mm gun buff is great though.

I don't have Akizuki, but I have HSF Harekaze. I didn't know the specifics of the other changes besides the 100mm guns.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't have Akizuki, but I have HSF Harekaze. I didn't know the specifics of the other changes besides the 100mm guns.

Basically, Kitakaze gets Akizuki's current maneuverability, but higher top speed, at T9, with the advantage of the T9/T10 module slot.

With the 100mm buff, Akizuki will lose its maneuverability, and becomes a DD-pretending-to-be-a-CL. Which, considering Akizuki's low speed, will make Akizuki more of a defensive/reactive ship than an aggressive one as she would not be able to duel other DDs as easily for caps (she definitely won't be able to dodge torpedoes at those ranges either). Paired with another DD however, Akizuki can easily overturn the duel, adding her firepower to that of the friendly capping DD.

It's semi-accurate, in that Kitakaze's base design did have better stability/maneuverability that Akizuki, though in-game, the maneuverability nerf does alter Akizuki's role into a new one that will take time for players to adapt to. One that requires her to stick closer to allies and add her firepower to theirs, rather than brute-force others out of the cap she's in.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Did you see it's rudder shift nerf and concealment nerf in the same notes? You can try and convince me all you want but I'm a Unicum in Akizuki and I can tell you the nerfs make it not worth keeping when the 9 and 10 will be much better.

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
11 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Did you see it's rudder shift nerf and concealment nerf in the same notes? You can try and convince me all you want but I'm a Unicum in Akizuki and I can tell you the nerfs make it not worth keeping when the 9 and 10 will be much better.

I don't have Akizuki, but I do have HSF Harekaze, so when I heard about the 100mm gun buffs, I'm hoping they will transfer to the Harekaze as well. I have 10pt ARP DD captains and haven't got IFHE yet.