You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wolcott

New incoming commander

59 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

It's gotta be either Dasha or Alena. I mean just look at that feminine figure! :fish_cute_2:

[MOOW]
Members
220 posts
15,091 battles

its gonna be jingle....

off too salt mines with you    double shift.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,648 posts
3,924 battles

That's either Megamind or someone wearing a russian officers hat.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles

I agree, that looks like Dasha to me. I can't figure out where the riddle is at. I believe it is on the map, but when I enlarged the screen, I still can't see what is in the little red circles.

[TDRB]
Members
1,071 posts
4,118 battles

Horatio Hornblower

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

The hands that pick up the hat in the video definitely do not belong to a man.  My guess is either Dasha or Femmenenly.

[DERP]
Beta Testers
434 posts
1,968 battles

more Azur Lane goodness:  KMS Tirpitz  U.S.S Bailey; final answer.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

Probably a Soviet commander too, judging by the large peaked cap. The figure in the thumbnail is not wearing any shirt sleeves either.

blackofvicb2.jpg

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,123 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I agree, that looks like Dasha to me. I can't figure out where the riddle is at. I believe it is on the map, but when I enlarged the screen, I still can't see what is in the little red circles.

From what I can read this appears to be the relative location on the map which places it in southern Japan. Along with a model of the Hood and Fletcher that's three different navies to consider which could suggest our new commander is partial to those nations or completely impartial.  

newcommandervideomap.jpg

hiko.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
41 posts
7,064 battles

Definitely Dasha.

Didn't one of the All But Patches videos have someone asking about her being a commander or something?

Of course, I may just be inventing memories.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles

The hat that gets picked up is a WW2 US Navy hat. Didn't WG have something on their site in one of those history type videos about a female commander in the US Navy a while back? Could it be her?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,104 battles
7 minutes ago, Khazal said:

From what I can read this appears to be the relative location on the map which places it in southern Japan. Along with a model of the Hood and Fletcher that's three different navies to consider which could suggest our new commander is partial to those nations or completely impartial.  

newcommandervideomap.jpg

hiko.jpg

Then it's Femmenenly. If you can find an additional Australian or commonwealth reference, that would confirm it. She is known for playing Japanese CVs, was born in Australia, grew up in the U.K., and currently lives and works in the U.S.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,123 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

The hat that gets picked up ins a WW2 US Navy hat. Didn't WG have something on their site in one of those history type videos about a female commander in the US Navy a while back? Could it be her?

Ya its definitely a US Naval officers visor cap

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, Khazal said:

newcommandervideomap.jpg

hiko.jpg

Could you see what was in the little red circles on the map?

2 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Then it's Femmenenly. If you can find an additional Australian or commonwealth reference, that would confirm it. She is known for playing Japanese CVs, was born in Australia, grew up in the U.K., and currently lives and works in the U.S.

Interesting.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles

For a female commander, I'd love it to be Dasha.  For a CC, I'd prefer "Rear Admiral" Jingles.  

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts
4 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Pardon me for asking, but who's Femmenenly? :Smile_amazed:

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
17 minutes ago, Khazal said:

Ya its definitely a US Naval officers visor cap

More or less, the shield of the crest on the band is much more curved than it should be.  The frame of the cover is also either quite old, or a costume recreation.  Don't have any clue why that would be, they're not too difficult to get ahold of.

The cover in the video is also not the cover in the thumbnail.  The video cover is about right for the proportions of a US/allied combination cover.  The image in the thumbnail is significantly more similar to that of former Eastern Bloc countries; the circumference of the brow is significantly greater than that of the brim.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
Factumacatin' goin' on.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles

Here is the transcript of the video. Some sentences the narrator said one after another and others he paused. I put blank lines where he paused.

They always went sailing for fame. 

Storms increased their morale.
Battles strengthened their will.
And new lands expanded their power.

People build fleets and created armadas of the mightiest ships.
Symbolizng their power and declaring their supremecy over the seas.

They always choose the right course, by following their guiding star.

But only the hand that controls the ship, can write its name into history. 

People create legends. 

The time, for a new legend has come.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, Wolcott said:

As I understand it, the best CV player out there. I believe she has some youtube videos.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Who's Femmenenly? :Smile_amazed:

WG's answer to "Do any of your staff even play CV?!"

Not necessarily the absolute, completely-without-parallel best CV player out there, but certainly among the top small handful.  @Femennenly's YouTube channel has an excellent series of how-to videos that have made me so much more effective in the ... erm ... one or two CV matches I play a year.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
Links'n stuffs.
  • Funny 2

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,104 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

She is a former CC that is a very active Twitch streamer, and was recently hired by Wargaming to oversee CCs. She also happens to be a unicum level CV player and has the best how to play CV videos on YouTube.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,833 posts
13,050 battles

Looking at the thumbnail, definitely a woman.  I count at least three "curves" that are unmistakable attributes of the fairer sex.   Not to mention the words WG uses to describe the captain, "a new pretty face".  The "new" is a bit interpretative.  If it's a new face for WG, then it can't be Dasha.  But it could be referring to a "new" face as a captain, which could fit Dasha.  

I'm going to go with the former..."new" meaning a new face for WG. We might have seen her somewhere, maybe in one of the WG videos.  But it's someone "new" in terms of presentations.