You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

Which tier X battleship should I go for?

31 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
716 posts
736 battles

I've reached tier VIII in both the American and French lines. Now I'm having trouble deciding where to spend my time. I can only pursue one at a time and I'd like some input as to where to go. Republique  looks very interesting, but I'm wondering if Montana isn't a little more forgiving for a newer player. Thoughts? 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,950 posts
10,733 battles

Both are really good. Montana is more a mid range to long range artillery/AA platform while Republique is a get in your face brawler with the best secondary guns in the game (also has excellent AA) and capable of a 21 sec reload of the main guns. Montana is more a jack of all trades and the guns - oh the guns. Republique is a better up close ship. I love both. Hard to say. Think it is more which fits your playstyle better.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[NDA]
Supertester
3,284 posts
5,890 battles

I hear the french are quite fun, if you like fast ships, that fire quickly, and long range secondary guns. 

[WORX]
Members
1,884 posts
12,967 battles

I say neither, IMO you're  going to fast reaching tier 10. With the limited battles you have, its really hard to recommend you any tier 10 ship by reviewing your  current stats. I mean what I am trying to say is, your play style is undetermined/unknown. You're  a BB main I can see that much however, BBs have roles to play.  I can;t in all good faith recommend a ship or a play style meta in the upper tiers IF, you have little experience in those roles. What I do recommend is play a different BB nation (if you stay a BB main) in the mid tiers (tier 4-8) so that you get a feel of your role as a BB driver. In the high tiers its a bit faster pace AND its a bit tricky to master. Once you know what your BB play style is then I can give you my advice. Till then Neither. GL and HF

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,154 battles

Can't go wrong with either, I love playing both

Members
629 posts

I own both. The legendary / Unique mod for Republic is recommended by Flamu the Montana is not. Montana can kill ships hiding behind Islands. Republic noooi!! 

Look at wiki and compare

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Both are really good. Montana is more a mid range to long range artillery/AA platform while Republique is a get in your face brawler with the best secondary guns in the game (also has excellent AA) and capable of a 21 sec reload of the main guns. Montana is more a jack of all trades and the guns - oh the guns. Republique is a better up close ship. I love both. Hard to say. Think it is more which fits your playstyle better.

You might want to re-think the brawling capabilities of Republique in a PvP sense rather than PvE.  I'm sure she brawls great in PvE, but doing the same in PvP can be very situational.  I'm not saying she can't brawl, but she isn't as tanky as other T10 battleships so you really have to know when and where to pick your spots.  GK is still arguably the best brawling BB at T10.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,950 posts
10,733 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You might want to re-think the brawling capabilities of Republique in a PvP sense rather than PvE.  I'm sure she brawls great in PvE, but doing the same in PvP can be very situational.  I'm not saying she can't brawl, but she isn't as tanky as other T10 battleships so you really have to know when and where to pick your spots.  GK is still arguably the best brawling BB at T10.

Obviously apply the situation/circumstances to any attempt to brawl which in PVP would be less often (part because people are afraid to and part because the game plays out different). However, if the time is right doesn't matter if it is PVP or Co-op the ships in this game perform the same  vs each other. Republique doesn't perform different in Co-op than PVP. And by perform I mean game mechanics. Republique is a great brawler regardless of mode. Just don't get to do it as much I know in PVP. 

[BNKR]
Members
716 posts
736 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Großer Kurfurst has crossed my mind as well, I just wasn't as far along. Although, the few matches I have in Bayern have been pretty decent.

[TDG]
Members
1,214 posts
6,065 battles

It does come down to playstyle.

I got Montana first and am currently grinding through Alsace.

I think Montana is likely to be a bit more comfortable for more players.  I look forward to trying République out for myself.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,462 posts
3,875 battles

Go for the one tier 10 battleship that actually existed.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,376 posts
8,562 battles

Montana.   Its a very solid boat.

[APOC_]
Members
918 posts
6,188 battles

The Montana is probably the better all-around ship. Fantastic guns, good range and good survivability. 

Specced with 19 points for stealth and fire prevention/repair, it's extremely strong. Highly recommended. 

That said, I have a soft spot for brawlers. If that's more your speed the Republique looks fantastic, although I don't have it yet. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

I would probably recommend the Montana first.  It's an all around excellent tier 10 battleship.  She may not be the absolute best at any one thing, but she's very good at just about everything.

That said, the Republique is quite good too.  And despite of her good secondaries, she's not really as durable as the GK.  Also, the Republique's main guns seem very respectably accurate and thus she's able to work well at the mid ranges as well.  And her high top speed, plus her speed boost, turn the Republique into the fastest tier 10 BB in the game.  But beware, like seemingly all French BBs, the Republique does tend to lose a lot of speed in her turns.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
422 posts
11 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I've reached tier VIII in both the American and French lines. Now I'm having trouble deciding where to spend my time. I can only pursue one at a time and I'd like some input as to where to go. Republique  looks very interesting, but I'm wondering if Montana isn't a little more forgiving for a newer player. Thoughts? 

I would say go for the Montana. I tried the Republique and my play style did not approve this ship. I consider myself not exactly a very experienced player and and I found the Montana to be perfect for me. I consider the USS Montana as a hybrid ship between the Yamato and the Kurfurst.

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

I would suggest Monty as well. I tried both Kurryworst and Repuggbleak in the space event and couldnt get either to work for me.

[YORHA]
Members
3,358 posts

Don't go for any.  The players and games are so GAWD AWFUL at tier X it is a complete waste of time and credits.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
716 posts
736 battles
19 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Don't go for any.  The players and games are so GAWD AWFUL at tier X it is a complete waste of time and credits.

Clearly you didn't check my stats :Smile_teethhappy:

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

If it's your first tier X BB then Montie. If it's your 4th then Rep. 

Rep requires a real solid understanding of the tier, meta and game overall to really excel in. Montie is to BBs what Staples is to the easy button. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles

Either is excellent. Republique has better guns that reload faster and excellent secondaries. At longer ranges she is nasty. IMHO she is the better carry boat of the two, theres something powerful about always having shells ready. Monty is my favorite, a workhorse that has a punishing broadside. 

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
14 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Go for the gold of a space battleship Yamato.  put the skin for space battleship yamato and now play the battle music from 2199-2202 and now your rocking the random good.

Want a fire truck go to British BB conq   ------Want to see people complain and spam HE and burn them down go this one.

Want to hit stuff go Montana.  -----if montana had laser this be a thing.

Want to spam secondary on ships go GK with German power. Behold power of these guns and watch stuff die.

Want speedy Battleship with fast reloads and decent secondary go and support france with pub.---this one great since u can kite like a zao or henry. 

Future line Italians navy is coming but i dont t know what these ship will be like.