You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Rumple_

Ashitaka

18 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

Looks like Ashitaka is the next daily deal in the premium shop after Atlanta(based on SEA shop).

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles
7 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Good bote, highly underrated 

Might be the first positive thing I've heard anyone say about her.

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,347 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Might be the first positive thing I've heard anyone say about her.

I feel like I'm the only person who likes her, my clan mates rag on me constantly on how she sucks but I quite like her XD

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles
Just now, MutsuKaiNi said:

I feel like I'm the only person who likes her, my clan mates rag on me constantly on how she sucks but I quite like her XD

For $26, that's not a bad deal for a T7 premium BB, even if she is average at best.  I may or may not give her a go and see.

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,347 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

For $26, that's not a bad deal for a T7 premium BB, even if she is average at best.  I may or may not give her a go and see.

She will be getting a buff soon so no more of the very iffy AP, so she will be very much worth it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

Didn't the Ashitaka get a recent buff; getting the same AP shells the Amagi gets?  Or am I mistaken.  You don't see very many in battle so by Wargaming's recent buff's and Nerf's, she should get a big Buff to be competitive.

Pete

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

The buff is in supertest now, meaning we'll probably see it in two months or so.  She'll still have ... erm ... somewhat lacking AA, but post-buff that makes it about her only difficulty.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
One coach ticket for Conjugation Station plz.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,211 battles

I enjoyed the Mutsu but barely play it any more.  Was disappointed with the Kii.  Is it even worth it at this point?

Edited by Chuck_Wiggles

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

Not a popular nor effective Tier VII Premium Battleship.

Sj44Kzr.png

Normally if you see a ship with that low Battles played, the stats are greatly inflated as the few good players on it have a far larger effect with the smaller sample size.  But that's not happening at all with Ashitaka.  Even with a small Battles sample size, her stats are no better than the very troubled Colorado.  And the Colorado has had MANY problems.

Also, for a Premium BB that's been around a while, 9k Battles total is laughably low.  Even if you jump to check on Asia Server, where IJN ships are very popular, even there you'll see the players there did not take the Ashitaka bait.  She's only been played 9.7k times in Asia Server.

She's the Old Stock Hull Amagi.  That was a terrible experience back in the day.  Why would I pay to relive that?

Mutsu has a troubled reception with the players in this game, in NA she has 111,330 Battles.

Kii has had a lukewarm reception, but she still has 110,078 Battles in the server.

The extremely terrible, useless, self-propelled target drone that is the Krasny Krym has logged 45,108 Battles.

The best Ashitaka has done is 9,037 Battles.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

I played a couple of games today in the Kii and man that is a disappointing T8 BB, the worst I have.  I so much prefer the Gascogne over it, or the Bama, Tirpitz and the list goes on.  The guns are just so underwhelming to do much damage, full salvo's, might get 1 pen, an over pen and only on a rare occasion do you get a citadel.   Just not an enjoyable BB, which is why I doubt about picking up the Ashitaka even at $21.

Pete

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

If Ashitaka gets Amagi's guns and shell performance at tier 7, she'll indeed be a very scary ship.

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

Ashitaka getting Amagi shells is not a done deal it seams as yet, and she won't be for roughly $20 or so when and if it gets done.  So rather than take that chance, I'm not buying her like it is,; its not worth the normal price in the store (the amount of them seen in battle proves this).  Maybe had they buff'd her guns before the sales event, sales of "Meh" ships would be higher and wargaming would make more money, and customers who bought them may be happier with their purchases.  Food for thought on marketing, maximizing a sales event

Pete

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,163 battles

I bought Ashitaka when it was on sale, but then again I am also a big fan of the Battlecruiser play style. I also bought Hood on sale for the same reason.

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

The Ashitaka now has the type 91 shells; but how is it now?  Is it worth playing or should it be skipped?   Part of the reason I'm asking, is that I really don't like the Kii.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
On 12/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

The Ashitaka now has the type 91 shells; but how is it now?  Is it worth playing or should it be skipped?   Part of the reason I'm asking, is that I really don't like the Kii.

Pete

Very powerful gunnery.  Full power Amagi & Nagato shells, guns.  You got lots of them.  You got 30kts speed.  But she's extremely squishy.

Someone else mentioned somewhere on these boards, that Ashitaka was a "Glass Cannon" but didn't have the "Cannon" part.  With the Type 91 AP shells, now she has the firepower to actually be a "Glass Cannon."

Just taking test drives with her in Co-op, it was very obvious how soft this ship is.  But the firepower is great.  You have to be very protective of your citadel or pay the price, especially if you're doing this with PVP in mind.  There are guys that will see the "Ashitaka" name and will specifically watch for you to make that 1 mistake and make you pay.  If you had something like 80-85% of your HP, it's quite within reason for some BB to take you instantly to 0% / "Back to Port" HP levels, if you gave them sufficient broadside.

Did I mention how soft this ship is?  I know one of the biggest detractors of Kii that people hold against her is her armor.  Ashitaka makes Kii look like GK in terms of protection.

Make no mistake.  IMO Ashitaka has the best Battleship Firepower in Tier VII.  Range, accuracy, power, volume of fire.  But you pay for it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Very powerful gunnery.  Full power Amagi & Nagato shells, guns.  You got lots of them.  You got 30kts speed.  But she's extremely squishy.

Someone else mentioned somewhere on these boards, that Ashitaka was a "Glass Cannon" but didn't have the "Cannon" part.  With the Type 91 AP shells, now she has the firepower to actually be a "Glass Cannon."

Just taking test drives with her in Co-op, it was very obvious how soft this ship is.  But the firepower is great.  You have to be very protective of your citadel or pay the price, especially if you're doing this with PVP in mind.  There are guys that will see the "Ashitaka" name and will specifically watch for you to make that 1 mistake and make you pay.  If you had something like 80-85% of your HP, it's quite within reason for some BB to take you instantly to 0% / "Back to Port" HP levels, if you gave them sufficient broadside.

Did I mention how soft this ship is?  I know one of the biggest detractors of Kii that people hold against her is her armor.  Ashitaka makes Kii look like GK in terms of protection.

Make no mistake.  IMO Ashitaka has the best Battleship Firepower in Tier VII.  Range, accuracy, power, volume of fire.  But you pay for it.

Hey

Considering how much I dislike the Kii; I guess I would be better to not look at the Ashitaka then.  Seems like its just more of the same trend; I have not seen the supposed Japanese accuracy, good range but will the guns hit, I find much of the time they don't.

Pete