You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormie1126

So the Turenne seems......weird....

6 comments in this topic

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

So I just started the French lines and got the Turenne, played maybe....6 or 8 matches in it? And my first thought was 'WOOHOO 6 TWIN TURRETS IN A DIAMOND LAYOUT LET'S DO THIS!'

And sure, it's nice having turrets to face anywhere there needed a lot faster than other BBs, but...this dispersion is odd as all hell.

At range, it's about the same as German BBs I'd say. Sure it's kinda bad but I can still land a couple shells per salvo. But then when I end up at point blank, it's not so much a shotgun as.....well I don't even know the metaphor to use. It literally can't hit crap. I'll be 2-5km away from an enemy BB and literally, and I do mean literally, every shell misses. Every. Single. One. Multiple salvos in a row. Not just two, or three. Like 5 or 6 salvos nothing hits, then MAYBE I get one where ONE shell hits, then it's back to HURP MEH DURP DUH ENEMEE SHYP IZ IN DUH SKAYE RAIGHT?? WATE NOE IZ A SUBMAHREEN!

Is there some kind of modifier on this ship that increases dispersion like crazy up close?? O_o I'd blame RNG but this scenario (similar to German BBs at range, total crap in close) is just so consistent...

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
302 posts
1,729 battles
3 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

So I just started the French lines and got the Turenne, played maybe....6 or 8 matches in it? And my first thought was 'WOOHOO 6 TWIN TURRETS IN A DIAMOND LAYOUT LET'S DO THIS!'

And sure, it's nice having turrets to face anywhere there needed a lot faster than other BBs, but...this dispersion is odd as all hell.

At range, it's about the same as German BBs I'd say. Sure it's kinda bad but I can still land a couple shells per salvo. But then when I end up at point blank, it's not so much a shotgun as.....well I don't even know the metaphor to use. It literally can't hit crap. I'll be 2-5km away from an enemy BB and literally, and I do mean literally, every shell misses. Every. Single. One. Multiple salvos in a row. Not just two, or three. Like 5 or 6 salvos nothing hits, then MAYBE I get one where ONE shell hits, then it's back to HURP MEH DURP DUH ENEMEE SHYP IZ IN DUH SKAYE RAIGHT?? WATE NOE IZ A SUBMAHREEN!

Is there some kind of modifier on this ship that increases dispersion like crazy up close?? O_o I'd blame RNG but this scenario (similar to German BBs at range, total crap in close) is just so consistent...

Well it's a tier 3. What do you expect?

I have the Republique in the French line which is the Tier 10 Battleship. The line gets better when you hit the Bretagne which is the Tier 5 Battleship. AP's get stronger and accuracy (sigma) gets slightly better. The best battleship in this line is the Alsace (pre-nerf) but after her nerf if it goes through, her reload will jump from 30 to 32 seconds, but you should run the reload module anyway and her sigma (Accuracy) is going from 1.7 to 1.6. Which really isn't that a big of a nerf imo. She was definitely my favorite Tier 9 I've ever played. 

Am getting slightly off topic, but overall, the French BB line isn't terrible. It's just that the Bretagne is better than the Normandie and the Lyon is better than the Normandie by obvious reasons, but it just becomes more bareable when you get the Richelieu.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
7 minutes ago, DevilFreak_ said:

Well it's a tier 3. What do you expect?

No other T3 BB was as bad as this. I've done the German, US, and IJN lines in BBs up to T5 or 6 depending, and am currently in the Bellerophon in the UK line...none were/are this bad, or had/have such a difference between long and close at range in T3. I also wasn't trying to say the whole line was bad, I was just wondering what the deal is with the Turenne specifically-again, BIG difference in dispersion at different ranges, to the point where it can't hit jack [edited] all in close.

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
302 posts
1,729 battles
7 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

No other T3 BB was as bad as this. I've done the German, US, and IJN lines in BBs up to T5 or 6 depending, and am currently in the Bellerophon in the UK line...none were/are this bad, or had/have such a difference between long and close at range in T3. I also wasn't trying to say the whole line was bad, I was just wondering what the deal is with the Turenne specifically-again, BIG difference in dispersion at different ranges, to the point where it can't hit jack [edited] all in close.

Before the French BBs were released i was lucky to get the mission to get the bretagne before the initial release of this line. So i never played the Turrene or Courbet. I couldn't get any tier higher because I wasn't lucky enough to get the missions for the Richelieu or Normandie.

But between them. German T3 BB sigma is worse. But my Konig Alberts accuracy is better than the Turrene most likely.

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Go and play Mikasa, then play Turenne. You will love it then.:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,749 posts
11,064 battles

Yup these gun dispersion on the tier III researchable BBs scream RNGeezus! /o.\\