You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Purchase 1 Permanent Camouflage instead of many.

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I'll make this short and sweet and right to the point.  We all have at some point purchased a permanent camouflage for one of our ships.  Id like to propose a pitch that we be able to purchase a camouflage for a set price.  But the catch that camo would only be for a certain tree.  Destroyers, Cruisers, or Battleships. It wouldn't be transferable.  The only thing that would be transferable is that particular camouflage being progressed up the line of ships.  So if we paid for example 20 bucks for a camo, we should be able to send it up the line.  Just like a captain having to be re trained for the new ship.  So would that camo.   But it would cost not real money but silver to do the re training and or of course exlite xp or silver.  One of the three of these items.  That's my pitch for the night.  The only thing that would change is the tier X ships.  You would have to purchase the tier X camo for that ship.

Members
1,642 posts
2,152 battles

Sounds nice, but wargaming wants to make money so . . .

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Oh I think they would make money the price for the camo is an example, besides they have other means of making their income lol.

Members
6,903 posts
7,508 battles
51 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I'll make this short and sweet and right to the point.  We all have at some point purchased a permanent camouflage for one of our ships.  Id like to propose a pitch that we be able to purchase a camouflage for a set price.  But the catch that camo would only be for a certain tree.  Destroyers, Cruisers, or Battleships. It wouldn't be transferable.  The only thing that would be transferable is that particular camouflage being progressed up the line of ships.  So if we paid for example 20 bucks for a camo, we should be able to send it up the line.  Just like a captain having to be re trained for the new ship.  So would that camo.   But it would cost not real money but silver to do the re training and or of course exlite xp or silver.  One of the three of these items.  That's my pitch for the night.  The only thing that would change is the tier X ships.  You would have to purchase the tier X camo for that ship.

WG wouldn't make money off the camos, then. They do it this way as part of their business model.

[KNTI2]
Members
785 posts
4,292 battles
46 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The whole point of charging for the camo is to make money per ship. Keep in mind that once you buy it, you never have to buy it for that ship ever again.

> 20 bucks

Which is for like a Tier VI, to cover VI-IX.

k

> besides they have other means of making their income

So you want the price of everything else increased?

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

All of my ships tier 6 and up have camo and I have 232 ships so far.

• Bad 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,042 posts
5,854 battles

Do note that perma-camo prices differ by tier. Either tier restrictions or exchange rates will have to be made, or otherwise I'd simply exchange my Tachibana and Varyag camo for a Montana and Midway camo instead.

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Too late...and if you take over WG, can I get a refund for all the perma camo I bought for nearly every ship?(T6 and up that is). Wish we had lower tier perma camo.

Regardless, wishful thinking, WG makes good $$ from perma camo, even that space camo, which I think is ugly, but to each their own.

However I do think WG botched T10 camo. Basically it allows you to play T10 without fear of losing credits. It kinda stacks players into the top tier now versus spreading them around down to lower tiers, to make silver. This in turn means that when you play T8, you have a greater than in the past chance of seeing T10 ships...and I think WG shot their own foot because they sell quite a few T8 premiums, that tbh, don't look as inviting to purchase as they had done in the past.