Sign in to follow this  
Deepsix9

XBOX/PC Controller

6 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
625 battles

Can a Xbox/PC controller (PowerA) (Xbox One & Windows) wired controller be used instead of a mouse for game control?

• Bad 1

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
4 hours ago, Deepsix9 said:

Can a Xbox/PC controller (PowerA) (Xbox One & Windows) wired controller be used instead of a mouse for game control?

16 minutes ago, DevilFreak_ said:

No.

DevilFreak_ is right, we don't have options in game settings to choose from like in WoWP for example, so game does not support this controllers at the moment. 

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
305 posts
1,735 battles
35 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

DevilFreak_ is right, we don't have options in game settings to choose from like in WoWP for example, so game does not support this controllers at the moment. 

I wouldn't even make the PC version of Warships capable of using a controller imo. It's already difficult enough with a mouse and keyboard for some players. Those that try a controller would instantly regret it.

I await if I'd be able to test out the Warships on PS4 when it becomes available for testing. Then id see how playing this game on a different format would go. Other than that. That's just my 2 cents.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
1,323 battles

if anyone is listening Id be interested in controller support. id like to play on the media center pc on the big screen!

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
361 posts
6,810 battles
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, Deepsix9 said:

I've used my Xbox 360 controller to play the game on my computer.

Thing is, you have to use another program in order to do so. "Controller Companion" on the steam workshop allows you to use it (with a bit of fiddling around).

It was something to do and it did work, but I wouldn't suggest it because it's not as intuitive. You can setup the buttons as you see fit through the program. I personally didn't put that much effort into setting up the button layout.

But I will say, it was fun to mix it with another program. "Voice Bot" another program that allows you to speak words and tie those words to keyboard keys really does free up a lot of your time. Only problem with that thing is that you've got to set it up and work with it for it to recognize your voice.

Aiming and moving can be done with joysticks and whatnot, Weapon systems can be setup with the buttons, aiming with the tabs, firing with triggers, got to have your Cntr and Alt keys there somewhere, and for consumables I simply just used voice bot. Of course, you might not want to use it if you share a house or apartment with someone... people might think you are talking to youself.

Edited by Levits

Sign in to follow this