Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Formidable

So I don't get Queen Elizabeth...

6 comments in this topic

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,439 posts
4,629 battles

I haven't played her heaps, but I'd play her more if I understood her.

Despite not having Warspite's erroneous WW1 era fully-stocked torpedo magazines ahead and behind the main turrets (without the WW1 torpedo tubes to make that vulnerability worthwhile, I might add), QE feels more 'squishy'. She seems to take more citadels, though by my reading is she had a slightly better balance of deck armour and bulkheads in her rebuild (lessons learnt from Warspite).

Ok, her turret traverse is crap because Wargaming reasons. There is nothing that can be done about that except to pre-aim the ship. But I'm used to that. I've been doing it with Warspite since Beta before it was buffed.

However, her 15in guns seem to produce more  overpen / shatter per salvo than Warspite. And is her sigma different?

Her DP secondary suite would be nice if there were more carriers in game. So clearly that is also a reduction in available DPS. And removes her from the "brawler" category of Warspite.

Anyway, I can go out and consistently produce more than 100k results in my Warspite. In QE, I'm lucky to equal my own hitpoints.

So anybody know why QE just feels such an uncomfortable "fit" when compared to the likes of her sister ship Warspite, and her stablemate Hood? How does someone play to her strengths?

I'll keep practicing. But QE just feels ... odd, with no clear performance parameters.

7bb774bed959ecf1e08a841fe3575f81.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles

I didn't like QE either, nor do I do well in her, but as I have been on the receiving end of many who do, I just put it down to me just being unskilled in how to play her correctly.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

If you used the warspite first then I would find it hard to believe you enjoy any tier 6 battleships. The big seller on the warspite is that its got pin point accurate guns, that thing could probably snipe a needle out of a haystack. The QE requires a very active playstyle its one of the few UK BB's capable of damaging heavily armored ships with AP but it still doesn't have as good of AP as the other nations so you often will be switching back to HE. I cant think of anything negative to say about the armor, its does its job and keeps you from getting blapped in one salvo, it can even effectively shrug off tier 8 BB rounds if you angle correctly. I see alot of hate for the QE but honestly its never given me problems, just feels like another seal clubber like the rest of the british line.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,561 posts
3,539 battles

I liked her enough that I may buy her back, I found her AP to be pretty nice at wrecking most ships unless I'm in a T8 match. I used the Main Armaments mod that increases traverse but slows the reload, I think it made the reload 31 or 32 seconds but it made the ship a heck of allot more comfortable to play. I would rather take a slightly slower reload than trying to swing my turrets on something that is just moving fast enough to keep in front of them.

[NGUNS]
Beta Testers
575 posts
3,135 battles

You need to get a little closer with the Queen Elizabeth than with the Warspite.  If you're firing at her longer ranges, you need to do things like aim at the turrets, or switch to HE.  At closer ranges, she does just fine.  I one shot a Scharnhorst (from about 80% health) at about 6km yesterday.  We were both surprised.  5 of 8 shots hit.  No citadels either.  So the QE's guns can get the job done.

EDIT: Also, I think that image is Valiant, Queen Elizabeth and Warspite, in order from closest to farthest. :)

Sign in to follow this