You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Is the Derpzki actually good...?

y n  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Good, effective ship?

23 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

Now, Derzki is obviously so much fun. But is it actually any good at all? I found that my shots rarely do enough in the time I'm spotted to make much different. And suicide torping is definitely only effective sometimes.  She also, not that great at close quarters. 

Also, captain skills? I feel like the 4point ones might not actually be as useful. (AFT and CE).  Okay, maybe CE is good for getting in to rush. But for gun boating, it seems DE and AR are more important. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,864 battles

Ehh, she's fun but would I call her effective....eh kinda?

Depends on how you play her, I mean most people playing her are just starting the line (or perhaps even the game) so in that regard not really. 

for a more experienced player who knows how to utilise cover and smoke?  oh yeah she can be very dangerous. so I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring with a yes. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles
20 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Now, Derzki is obviously so much fun. But is it actually any good at all? I found that my shots rarely do enough in the time I'm spotted to make much different. And suicide torping is definitely only effective sometimes.  She also, not that great at close quarters. 

Also, captain skills? I feel like the 4point ones might not actually be as useful. (AFT and CE).  Okay, maybe CE is good for getting in to rush. But for gun boating, it seems DE and AR are more important. 

No?

...but then my wr in it is 20%, so there’s a slight chance I might be biased.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No?

...but then my wr in it is 20%, so there’s a slight chance I might be biased.

I hate saying stupid unkind things like "user error", so please take this in a kind manner, but I have about a 50% in her, so she def can do better than 20%

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
38 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Its a fun low tier boat its torpedoes are meh but its a gun boat primarily.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
7 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

I hate saying stupid unkind things like "user error", so please take this in a kind manner, but I have about a 50% in her, so she def can do better than 20%

There was a time when I was into the Storozhevoi and I still believe it is superior tier for tier and maybe outright to the Derzki.  Don't know if they have changed anything since I last played them but I have a 66% win rate in Derzki and think its garbo.  Not that WR matters in this case since its based on 15 games in my case and 20 in yours.  Play it some more and I doubt you will find that it is truly good.  You have probably just had a handful of good games i.e. successfully rushed a BB which make you believe its a good ship (which was my problem in the Storozhevoi).  That's not to say suicide torping can't be fun, but when you can't pull it off it really doesn't do anything.  The guns are terribad against everything that is not a DD.  Get a few games against some seal clubbers and you will realize that its not the ship but your skill or your opponents lack of skill that lets you have any success in it.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I killed a Montana a long, long time ago with one, back when it was possible to fail div to tier ten.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

Yeah, I find her guns to literally be only useful vs DDs. Cruisers health pool too high. For BBs, not high enough fire chance. CVs... well. before you even get to 1/2 their health, you're close enough to point blank torp them. 

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,574 battles

She does have that soon buff from WG that increases her turret traverse from.. 7 to 9 I I think, so it'll be much more fun later. At low tiers though, suicide torping is usually enough to get all the XP to get to Izyslav.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

I suddenly want to spend the night just playing the Derski and Black Swan :)

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles
2 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Derpski was cursed. I had about 10k games at the time, did what the vids said to, and couldn’t get a win to save my life. Don’t think I ever exploded so many times from first hits in any other ship.

As I’ve said before; first impressions mean a lot. Derp failed to impress, whatever the reason at fault. Sold that useless thing, and you couldn’t pay me to buy it back.

Comparatively speaking; I have a 100% wr in Stor, 57% in Izzy, and 70% in Smith, just about the lamest destroyer in the game; all with similar sample sizes.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles

It Is actually good... specially for scaring the crap out of people. Come screaming around a corner with speed boost active barf a thick wall of peeds point blank. Pick your moment and sometimes you can get 2 people in 1 run. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

It truly is fun to do that! 

Really makes me want to reach for TAE as a skill. What. reload in 14 seconds or something??? 

[WORX]
Members
1,858 posts
12,904 battles

This DD is a nice suicide torp DD and sink 3 targets at the same time. other then that naaa not good DD but its fun torps

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
On 7/18/2018 at 3:24 PM, BlailBlerg said:

Its an OK boat - but a lot of its effectiveness is likely due to folks having a few thousand matches clubbing around in T3 (and I'm not judging that - don't get me wrong - just like lots of folks like to play PvE, lower tiers is where some like to play.  Its all about having fun - however that looks to each of us).

I find the Phra Ruang to be a much more effective clubber in T3.  Seriously - that boat is ridiculous.  So much so that I refuse to play it anymore - right after a few more this evening.  Then thats it - I promise.

In T4 I find the KM V-170 to be the monster - if I ever get that skipper up to 19 points, I'll probably have to swear off that ship, as well.

In T5 its one of the Kami variants - the Fujin in my case.  That ship has earned a stupid number of Krakens.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
2 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Its an OK boat - but a lot of its effectiveness is likely due to folks having a few thousand matches clubbing around in T3 (and I'm not judging that - don't get me wrong - just like lots of folks like to play PvE, lower tiers is where some like to play.  Its all about having fun - however that looks to each of us).

I find the Phra Ruang to be a much more effective clubber in T3.  Seriously - that boat is ridiculous.  So much so that I refuse to play it anymore - right after a few more this evening.  Then thats it - I promise.

In T4 I find the KM V-170 to be the monster - if I ever get that skipper up to 19 points, I'll probably have to swear off that ship, as well.

In T5 its one of the Kami variants - the Fujin in my case.  That ship has earned a stupid number of Krakens.

Phra Rang over Derpzki? 

Is it also better tier for tier than the Longjiang?

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
23 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Phra Rang over Derpzki? 

Is it also better tier for tier than the Longjiang?

Both were fun - I preferred the Ruang a little more - though I don't have many matches in either.

I never did play the Jang - I believe I started with the Ruang.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
Just now, ddoubletapp1 said:

Both were fun - I preferred the Ruang a little more - though I don't have many matches in either.

I never did play the Jang - I believe I started with the Ruang.

Ok. I'm trying to find the best seal clubbing DDs. (Although, not sure these beat a clemson) 

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
3 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Ok. I'm trying to find the best seal clubbing DDs. (Although, not sure these beat a clemson) 

Roger that - neither would beat a Clemson - though a properly set up Izy will eat every Clemson in the match.

The Izy was my "go to" low tier DD - until I started up the KM DD line and tried out the V-170.

That ship is the true king of the low tier DDs - and I'd put it up against any ship in the game as the strongest ship in its tier spread, when run by a competent driver.

It has outstanding stealth, really good stealth torping range - complete with a set of interesting forward firing torps, very quick torp reload, and with BFT, AFT and DE - the guns are excellent, once one gets used to the arcs (the Groz, she is not!) - its an outstanding "jack of all trades".

I believe I have a 12 or 13 point Skipper aboard - but sometimes I think about putting my 19 point Z52 Captain aboard for a week or two.  Haven't done it yet, but maybe one day - ha ha!

If you're looking for a clubber - it would be the strongest contender that I have played, in my humble opinion..

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
1 hour ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Roger that - neither would beat a Clemson - though a properly set up Izy will eat every Clemson in the match.

The Izy was my "go to" low tier DD - until I started up the KM DD line and tried out the V-170.

That ship is the true king of the low tier DDs - and I'd put it up against any ship in the game as the strongest ship in its tier spread, when run by a competent driver.

It has outstanding stealth, really good stealth torping range - complete with a set of interesting forward firing torps, very quick torp reload, and with BFT, AFT and DE - the guns are excellent, once one gets used to the arcs (the Groz, she is not!) - its an outstanding "jack of all trades".

I believe I have a 12 or 13 point Skipper aboard - but sometimes I think about putting my 19 point Z52 Captain aboard for a week or two.  Haven't done it yet, but maybe one day - ha ha!

If you're looking for a clubber - it would be the strongest contender that I have played, in my humble opinion..

THE clubber to rule them all? 

Good against every single ship type? 

I've not even heard much of he V-170. 

More than the clemson huh?

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
9 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

THE clubber to rule them all? 

Good against every single ship type? 

I've not even heard much of he V-170. 

More than the clemson huh?

Yes and yes - though it has about the worst AA amongst the T4 DDs (on par with Iso's anemic AA) - but that hardly matters.  You kill the ship, not the planes.

Its boat that gives you a couple of different choices in tactics - either full out aggressiveness, or playing the objectives - as her excellent detection rating makes her a very strong capping boat.

She is a good farmer of Arsonist and Liquidator achievements.

Stats follow:

Spoiler

zSUjaJf.jpg

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
On 7/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, ddoubletapp1 said:

Yes and yes - though it has about the worst AA amongst the T4 DDs (on par with Iso's anemic AA) - but that hardly matters.  You kill the ship, not the planes.

Its boat that gives you a couple of different choices in tactics - either full out aggressiveness, or playing the objectives - as her excellent detection rating makes her a very strong capping boat.

She is a good farmer of Arsonist and Liquidator achievements.

Stats follow:

Reveal hidden contents

zSUjaJf.jpg

Can she stealth torp? 

Good guns?

What ship is the best t2-4 seal clubber? Can handle almost any situation if played right. Usually that requires some stealth. 

I wonder if Langley or Bogue also.