Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Should I rework my Tashkent captain?

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I've been holding off on playing my Tashkent since I'm hearing she will be getting a buff in the near future of who know what.  Anyhow I am at the point where I'm wondering if I should re spec my captain for it.  With the advanced firing training skill it brings the firing range out to 15.2KM  Which even for a DD is quite far and it rainbows up pretty badly.  Its difficult to hit at that distance.  I'm wondering if basic firing training would be enough.  What should I do with this?

shot-18.07.18_14.59.21-0924.jpg

Edited by torpsRus

Members
329 posts
328 battles

Tashkent is mostly a light cruiser that makes a lot of fires, With DE and IFHE better. In fact IRL was nicknamed "the Blue Cruiser".

s-l1600.jpg

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Wait till the buffs are here

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Wait till the buffs are here

Not exactly sure that's just the rumor I had seen floating around on here.

[DENY]
Members
347 posts
4,787 battles

Just get the khaba , way more fun , sure the torpedo got less range , the turret traverse is awful on the Tashkent

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Soviet Destroyers "Gnevny" and "Minsk":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.

Soviet Destroyer "Podvoisky":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;
  • Reduced the reload time of the Main Battery from 8.1 to 7.5 s.

The Soviet modules 102 mm/60 Model 1911 (installed on Soviet destroyers of Tier II-IV):

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 8.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;

The Soviet Destroyer "Tashkent":
Added a researchable main battery module: 130 mm / 55 B-2-U from Khabarovsk. This addition will make moving along the Tech Tree more logical and will allow you to get used to tier X ballistics in advance.
The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute.

The Soviet Cruiser "Chapayev":
The possibility of installing the equipment "Surveillance Radar" on the A Hull.
Change brings consistency to this ship's progression.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

That sounds about right

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

If they give Tashkent the Khab guns without the range nerf I will strongly consider selling Khab and putting that Captain back in the Tash.  The better gunnery is pretty much the only reason to bump a tier...and in term of tier for tier quality, I'm thinking you might end up with a Fletcher and Gearing situation...sure, Gearing is "better" - just not tier for tier.

[EQRN]
Members
346 posts
8,987 battles

What is the difference between Tash and Khab guns, other than Khab has shorter range?  I think Tash is in very good shape as is.  But op,don’t go the smoke route, use heal instead, that will free up 2 pts you spent on smokescreen exp, like... Last Stand

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles

They're actually buffing the Podvoisky?!  

Increase the rotation and rate of fire...?!

Omfg, lol.

Also, this:

"The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute."

Lol, they think we be stupid.  Like the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers in this game weren't already good enough.  Like they didn't already focus hard enough on artillery dueling.

While other nations' destroyers are getting b!tch slapped by radar, VMF DDs get better at what they were already good at in the first place.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, as I have all the VMF DDs except the Grozovoi.  I think it's hysterical.   wusY4gu.gif

...WG is really showing themselves, tho.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Angry 1

[O7]
Members
534 posts
12,744 battles

Tashkent is so much more fun than khab atm. Plus it's gun ballistics are amazing at even 15.4 km.  Give it a try.  One of the most fun ships in the game as you need to play like your hair is on fire to extract the most from it, especially as it doesn't have smoke.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
3 hours ago, torpsRus said:

I've been holding off on playing my Tashkent since I'm hearing she will be getting a buff in the near future of who know what.  Anyhow I am at the point where I'm wondering if I should re spec my captain for it.  With the advanced firing training skill it brings the firing range out to 15.2KM  Which even for a DD is quite far and it rainbows up pretty badly.  Its difficult to hit at that distance.  I'm wondering if basic firing training would be enough.  What should I do with this?

shot-18.07.18_14.59.21-0924.jpg

To answer your original question which curiously nobody has.  Yes respec.  PM is fine, but drop smoke expert and pick up LS, drop SI for BFT, better dpm and fire per min.  Your tier 4s are good.  Run double rudder and the reload mod, and heal instead of smoke.  Worked for me anyway.  Next 2 pick up AR, then round out with DE.

You could opt for SE instead of BFT or DE, but that comes down to preference.  Running heal I don't think it is necessary, though I run it on every other DD.

Edited by Aeries1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,210 posts
14,630 battles
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

What is the difference between Tash and Khab guns, other than Khab has shorter range?  I think Tash is in very good shape as is.  But op,don’t go the smoke route, use heal instead, that will free up 2 pts you spent on smokescreen exp, like... Last Stand

Velocity.  Khab & Udaloi share the same high velocity guns, Tashkent's shells float a tad bit worse. 

Khab & Udaloi 130mm/55 B-2-U, 900m/s

Tashkent 130mm/50 B-2LM, 870m/s

Fire chances identical, HE damage the same, but the 55 B-2-U AP shells do 100 more damage.

I'm not saying Tashkent's shells float like USN DDs, but the difference is noticeable when you go between Udaloi & Tashkent in terms of gunnery.  It's why I have felt much more comfortable gunning people down with Udaloi compared to Tashkent.  I'll take shots at ranges with Udaloi and nail small, agile targets that Tashkent has trouble with due to the lower velocity.

Anyways, when this change goes through, there will really be no point to Udaloi other than being a stepping stone.  Tashkent will have the same good guns while having MUCH faster reloading torpedoes, as well as Smoke / Repair Party options.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this